Pages:
Author

Topic: Who controls the market? - page 26. (Read 32409 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 100
October 13, 2018, 10:00:27 PM
I do not think anyone can control the market absolutely, even the whales or any of the operators. Most of that control is based on the crypto user. They have a very important role and can do anything if they want to. That is the trend. They will do everything if they get a profit. So, despite everything, despite the market, they are always beneficial
Activity: 308
I'm nothing without GOD
October 13, 2018, 09:40:48 PM
I am very confident that no one can control the market, especially cryptocurrency, but some people can control prices in exchange crypto
Activity: 126
Merit: 2
October 13, 2018, 08:53:39 PM
The controllers are the biggests holders:

They are:

Miners
Exchanges
The Firsts investors

As in financials  we have:

CEOs of companys
Brokers
Bankers and funds

We are not in a new system, we are in a equal system but with new players.

Activity: 532
Merit: 148
October 13, 2018, 08:37:28 PM
Their are many things that can control the market or the factors of it. The prices of bitcoin and altcoins are very sensitive when someone buys or sell. Pump and dump group are also the reason of the falling and raising the price on the market. Everything that surrounds can control the market(not totally). We are manipulating the prices and we surrounds the market. Just hodl for now!
In my speculation, there may be big players or whales who are the culprits of a sudden rise and fall of the market especially when they do something about their bitcoin holdings. But i know basically that bitcoin's price is defined by the demand of people and its supply in the market.
Those big players are the pump and dump groups.
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
October 13, 2018, 08:21:29 PM
There is no single central authoritative body which controls the market. The crypto market is influenced by the crypto users. How ready and willing users of crypto are in terms of buying and selling at certain high or low price largely affect the status of the market.
Activity: 256
Merit: 36
October 13, 2018, 07:39:18 PM
Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

As what is stated crypto currency is decentralized thus theres no particular group or individual who runs the system but the users are the navigators who implemented several rules and regulations in order to have their cryptos unique and secured.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
W12 – Blockchain protocol
October 13, 2018, 06:24:30 PM
In my speculation, there may be big players or whales who are the culprits of a sudden rise and fall of the market especially when they do something about their bitcoin holdings. But i know basically that bitcoin's price is defined by the demand of people and its supply in the market.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 520
October 13, 2018, 06:05:32 PM
I've been in this market for three years and i think there are big bitcoin investors and mybe they are almost  one hundred people and they control all market and when they want to price up they can take price up , for example  bitcoin price does not fall below 6000 dollars and when it could be posible  , someone start to buy bitcoin and the price is going up , it shows us some big investors  control this market .
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
October 13, 2018, 04:44:56 PM
Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

Big players as well as small players, basically are called users this is the same as us. When they or we, sell or buy transactions, they or we have contributed to the rise and fall of prices. So, everything's very clear the user is the only one, who controls the market.
Activity: 406
Merit: 121
October 13, 2018, 04:12:37 PM
There are exchanges that have some control, action of the traders are also a deciding factor, the miners have some control over it, the payment network, and the team that develops such currencies.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
October 13, 2018, 03:46:23 PM

The cryptocurrency is a decentralized meaning there are many people who are controlling the market or manipulating it because of the decentralized many people can control the market not just only a single person but many persons, maybe the investors, miners, and the bounties.
Bitcoin is an independent currency which has its own value and own importance for all investors, anyone can invest into it as there is no restriction, right now we are being good for it because we are invest and because of us market is getting high values so the same way many other people can reduce the value for selling on panic, so the all thing is that bitcoin is in hands of investors, if they will invest price of market will remain high but if they will sell price will get down.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
October 11, 2018, 11:41:32 AM

Which is why most coins that are being introduced into the market are more Millennial friendly. Statistics  show that they are the major influencers in the crypto world  and so have a certain amount of influence on a coin's performance in the market. Decentralisation eliminates the middlemen, yes; but puts control in the hands of millennials, therefore, new projects for example Tapcoin which is a hospitality/leisure based project and offers discounts to its users on expenses made on drinks and hotel booking through their credit card. More so, Traveler, Dataeum, etc are other Millennial-related projects are more likely to succeed.
Activity: 332
October 11, 2018, 11:35:06 AM

The price and the actions are two different things. No one controls the circulation or transaction or actions etc... because it is decentralized but exchanges control the price of the cryptocurrencies. I mean sometimes they trade with big money to speculate or sometimes big player buy or sell their tokens or coins via exchanges. That's why Vitalik said " I definitely hope centralized exchanges go burn in hell"
in my opinion, there are a number of players with more or less events (for example, miners, holders, exchanges, even developers), but one of them may have more power than others in terms of improvements to the Bitcoin protocol technology that will be carried out. Which causes expensive or not the price of Bitcoin.
Activity: 175
Merit: 30
October 11, 2018, 11:00:24 AM

The cryptocurrency is a decentralized meaning there are many people who are controlling the market or manipulating it because of the decentralized many people can control the market not just only a single person but many persons, maybe the investors, miners, and the bounties.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 11, 2018, 08:36:53 AM

Nowdays is actualy ruin my day when the Rich man became more rich cause they got everything to rule the economy. it was dramaticaly to posessed the turth behind environtment's. who knows in the future crypto will be? or u money bacome useless. and the sad thing is the people who trade BTC or etc dont know when they lost the money because the advertisment market.
Activity: 994
Merit: 391
October 11, 2018, 08:25:03 AM

The price and the actions are two different things. No one controls the circulation or transaction or actions etc... because it is decentralized but exchanges control the price of the cryptocurrencies. I mean sometimes they trade with big money to speculate or sometimes big player buy or sell their tokens or coins via exchanges. That's why Vitalik said " I definitely hope centralized exchanges go burn in hell"
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
October 11, 2018, 08:16:11 AM
No body controls the market but us investors ourselves. I myself don't believe in the whale thing that people say that is controlling the market but it does kinda makes sense that they will do so just to bring down crypto currency and prolong the volatility of the market. All I'm saying is that we should keep the control with us the people.

That would be great but apparently there are facts we can't ignore. Here's how Bitcoin distribution looks like, as of today:

As you can see, almost 79% of all addresses(combined) are holding less then 1% of all coins. We can't say how many of those addresses belong to the whales, but it doesn't matter because even if none of them, all those people combined can't affect the market whatever they do. On the other hand, there are 0.01% of all addresses with over 1,000 BTC on each. Some of them belong to big exchanges, but not all of them. And those which don't, belong to the whales who can manipulate the market if they want to.

I personally believe that this situation will change in the future in favor of majority of holders, but surely it will take some time.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
October 11, 2018, 07:42:43 AM
I believed its the big whales and the real demand will follow. Like this bearish market in which is still in effect that once the big whales will trigger the market to  pump up the price then for sure that it will create spark to the people making the real demand to pump up too.
Obviously, the whales do have a lot of part to play when it comes to making the market move in their favor. I guess it is just a common thing I must say when you have to consider those who are holding a big piece of the market and then, the ability to drive it the way they want is something that would always be an easy thing to do most especially when the market is 100% speculative and is not driven by real demand but just some people wanting to get rich quick and then getting greedy. As long as that is applicable in most cases, the chances of seeing things like this happen is there until maybe we start seeing real life usage.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 370
October 11, 2018, 07:14:55 AM

I don't think anyone actually controls the market. Cryptocurrency market is a free market for everyone.

Yes, it is a free market and that's why sometimes big whales can control the prices for a short time, not for the longer term. Since no institute is monitoring who is buying and selling so some big whales can do market manipulations for their benefits and small investors usually get trapped on in that manipulations. But in the end, markets will correct by itself and come back to the original price.

As it was started the crypto market is Decentralized, no one is in control, yes, we've heard or even read on the news,on social media link that in some way whales are behind on the spike of crypto or ALT coin as posted in the market, but it was never proven, inside market is illegal. the most possible way of either by influencing the market on the volume of  investment thru the shift of investment from one coin to another but this is very Risky, often time traders do this in an open market trading.
Activity: 67
Merit: 3
October 11, 2018, 06:17:55 AM
Mainly the crypto market is a free market, but the whales or just some people with really big purses can influence the prices for sure.
Pages:
Jump to: