Pages:
Author

Topic: Who controls the market? - page 33. (Read 32409 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10
October 04, 2018, 03:17:51 AM
 Smiley  Smiley it's only normal for people and institutions with high portfolio cryptoes to have a power boost in a market. I can not say about what a market of crypto is really controlling it but they will do so to approve of its price increases as rising and falling. 
Activity: 438
Merit: 104
October 04, 2018, 02:43:11 AM
The price of any digital currency are base in all of us so the market control by users,traders and investors then even some post here about whales and the market manipulate still if you sell your btc and alts in high or in drops that base in you so for me just follow the flow of market then no need to think who control the market here in crypto because this is really base in you
In my opinion every market in the world is controlled by some people. They have monopoly over the market and they can do what they want to do. In crypto market some big investors manipulate the market for their financial benefits. They collect all the available stock of crypto in the market for low price and when demand for it increases and there are no or very small quantity available in the market they put their coins for sell.
Activity: 155
Merit: 0
October 03, 2018, 11:21:13 PM
we never know if there is no one controlling the market, even if its decentralize there is still a possibility that one of the biggest exchange is being controlled by a group and that this traders wit in the small exchanges just follows the price movements that are being drawn by these controllers, i am not sure though but there is a possibility.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
October 03, 2018, 10:07:02 PM
the market is determined by everyone who uses their assets and it is very influential on the price that occurs when many people are dumped, the price will go down and when many requests the price will rise
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
October 03, 2018, 09:40:19 PM
Everyone controls the market. Speculations here and there will always be present and can affect the market in a blink of an eye.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 370
October 03, 2018, 09:34:00 PM
Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

I don't think anyone actually controls the market. Cryptocurrency market is a free market for everyone.

Yes, it is a free market and that's why sometimes big whales can control the prices for a short time, not for the longer term. Since no institute is monitoring who is buying and selling so some big whales can do market manipulations for their benefits and small investors usually get trapped on in that manipulations. But in the end, markets will correct by itself and come back to the original price.

No one control the market, it maybe perceived that Whales or Big Business Community have something to do with the insiders trading, no one will admit about the insiders trading which is illegal trading market, most likely it imply the manipulation on tghe price value on the market.
Activity: 106
Merit: 6
October 03, 2018, 08:30:53 PM
I believe the big exchanges are the ones that really control the market, they can go down from "maintence" anytime they want and can also delay deposits and withdrawls.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
October 03, 2018, 07:59:01 PM
The well being of the crypto market depends entirely on us all. I believe all crypto holders are stakeholders who  are responsible for the well being of the market. We can either make the market better or worst. so all crypto enthusiasts should act responsibly to project the world of crypto to the rest of the world, so investors can freely join this great community.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
October 03, 2018, 07:08:55 PM
The market is controlled most likely by those people or organizations which have a huge holdings of crypto. Slightest decision on that mass could have a great effect with the market price. Although it is still not proven that it is the reason why, this conclusion is really possible.
Activity: 882
Merit: 104
October 03, 2018, 06:34:54 PM
Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

No one can't control the decentralized crypto but sometimes because of some greedy person they do a centralized exchange to make control the market. Some people are going in the flow in the market because what is in demand in the market people don't have choice either their lose or win.
Activity: 168
October 03, 2018, 06:24:31 PM
People controls the market. The price of a coin is determined based on the demand and supply.
Activity: 322
October 03, 2018, 09:57:23 AM
Off all the happennings and the on going rise and fall of the market , the control of this market variations ,I think is the customers and investors of this cryptocurrency, especially those with huge capital , they can really control the pump and dump of coins in the market, the rise and fall of the market cap.
Activity: 980
Merit: 523
October 03, 2018, 09:16:23 AM
It is normal for people and institutions with a large crypto portfolio to have the power to influence the market. I can't say that the crypto market is being fully controlled but they are make to effective the prices the rising and down.
Influencing the market is even normal than the market being controlled, and for a very speculative market, that is uncontrolled, and not regulated, it is always going to be easy for them to usually want to make more money off the weak hands which is the reason why the only grace we can have in the long run is when we get to have mass adoption and real life usage, which in that case, the ability to control will be a bit hard. It is a decentralized market and that means everyone is in control.

I decide how I want to sell or at what price I want to sell what I have and that also is applicable to buying as well, which is the norm for everyone. Although, how things have been over the years, is totally set on the fact that people keep being greedy and the idea of wanting to get rich quick becomes something they cannot get off their minds.
Activity: 590
Merit: 116
October 03, 2018, 02:54:58 AM
to be honest I am also curious, is it true that the 100% market is in the hands of the user, or maybe the developer is playing a role. if there is a very far difference between one market and another, I believe this is because of the role of the user. almost every market around the world moves simultaneously. when the price rises, then all prices throughout the market also go up, if there is a dump, it happens throughout the market.
Activity: 227
October 03, 2018, 01:57:34 AM
In ECONOMICS market refers to people and who owns goods or services and whereas I guess it will be the same in crypto since it involves economics. Those who own huge amount of goods are often most are the manipulative just like owning millions of dollars worth of crypto coins. We can refer those who are the WHALES in the crypto industry.
Activity: 432
Merit: 126
October 03, 2018, 01:11:30 AM
Well this is also my question in mind. Some says no one can control the market because its decentralized. But as i continue to read some post and articles regarding the world of crytos, i just realize the possibility that there are some people really manipulating the market. Im not 100% sure if its true but these so called "whales" have the money to control the value of this cryptos.  And in the end the small time holders is the one suffering. Im stating only my opinion not a fact.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
October 03, 2018, 12:18:19 AM
Most of the people don't care if a currency is decentralized or not and don't what it means too. They are just interested to make profits, no matter how. They jump on the new flower of the month, invest some cash and sit down until the flower blooms.
How it works, or what it is exactly doesn't matter to them
Thats right. That's why bitcoin oftenly compared with a ponzy scheme. People just invest their money, in some cases their last money, into a subject they do not much about. This is the rase for fast and easy money without doing an effort.
Activity: 567
Merit: 100
October 03, 2018, 12:00:41 AM
all this time I know that market movements are influenced by traders, especially the biggest coin holders who are able to control the market. Is it true? basically I don't know yet.
Activity: 223
Merit: 111
October 02, 2018, 11:46:45 PM
I would say BitMex has become one of the deciding factors on where the market is heading.  There is a lot of manipulation on that exchange because of the high leverage that can be used for short and long positions.

It's easy for whales to cause short pump and dumps but over the long term I don't think anyone has a strong enough effect on the market to bring prices down.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
October 02, 2018, 11:36:53 PM

Crypto's market is controlled pure by users who did bought and sold, but every user has a different fund when he invests his money on it, the difference is that when someone has a large fund, their activities will affect the price movement, usually (just my thought) did by some company, in contrast to an investor who spends little money to invest, their activities will only give a little affect. There are several factors that make every investor sell or buy and one of the biggest factors is regulation of each country or the regulation of several companies who dicides between accept or ban cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: