Pages:
Author

Topic: Who is "Variety Jones"? - page 19. (Read 47183 times)

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
April 09, 2015, 10:46:21 AM
What if Goat is Variety Jones!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Trust me!
April 09, 2015, 07:54:16 AM
Never heard of him. I actually thought I knew the big names around Bitcoin... Andreas, Gavin, Gmaxwell, Satoshi (duh!),... Even Ulbricht, and the others who got in trouble. Guess I'm too late to the party Cheesy
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
April 09, 2015, 07:45:11 AM
Added to OP:

Silk Road Boss' First Murder-For-Hire Was His Mentor's Idea:
http://www.wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-boss-first-murder-attempt-mentors-idea/

Reading that it's clear that Ross Ulbricht was no criminal mastermind and was in way over his head. I like at the end it's revealed it wasn't even him that came up with the DPR username and was actually Variety Jones. Looks like he was the actual brains behind most of the stuff but was also obviously a bad influence on DPR and was probably ultimately responsible for pushing him into the darkside.

I think people apologize WAY TOO MUCH for Ulbricht's behavior. It's pretty clear now that he's responsible for his own actions. If you're a drug dealer and you're presented with the choice to kill someone, and you take it, it says a lot about your character. Whoever the hell Variety Jones is, I don't think it would have affected Ulbricht's conviction (as a drug dealer) at all. If anything, Variety Jones would have to be someone really close to Ulbricht to call him "mentor". Probably Karpeles.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
April 09, 2015, 06:31:13 AM
Added to OP:

Reading that it's clear that Ross Ulbricht was no criminal mastermind and was in way over his head. I like at the end it's revealed it wasn't even him that came up with the DPR username and was actually Variety Jones. Looks like he was the actual brains behind most of the stuff but was also obviously a bad influence on DPR and was probably ultimately responsible for pushing him into the darkside.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
April 09, 2015, 06:09:57 AM
Added to OP:

Activity: 61
April 07, 2015, 08:30:24 AM

Looks like whoever he was was far smarter than DPR. I think the best option would be to work on the sidelines of a business like this because there's way too much heat on the main figurehead as DPR found out. Running this sort of market you cannot afford to make even one solitary mistake or it can cost you your liberty or even life.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 448
April 06, 2015, 08:26:36 AM
I just cant believe what an idiot Ross was to record EVERY FUCKING thing....That takes the cake.... I have absolutely no doubt he would have been fount not guilty or they would have reached some sort of deal with very very little jail time if it werent for the logs and his computer, but my money is on that they couldnt really have charged him.

I find it hard to believe he did this also. It's literally the most stupidest thing he could have done. He literally created his own paper trail and provided them with all the evidence they needed. Did he think he was invincible and would never have been caught?

With these recent events with the corrupt feds and the reasonable doubt of some other mastermind, is there any hope for Ross to get the conviction overturned or commuted or a shorter sentence? I'm torn on the wrongful conviction aspect. I don't think he ever should've been arrested or convicted but to be fair, I don't know all the whole story and there's the deal with hired assassinations...

His defense will almost certainly try but I'm not sure they'll be able to get it overturned unless they can prove they 100% prove the feds did cross the line on getting certain other evidence. It certainly doesn't look good for the feds and could cast doubt on other aspects of the evidence.
AGD
legendary
April 06, 2015, 07:30:17 AM
I know that video. It is showing Gypsy Nirvana firing an employee and making a secret video of his asshole behaviour. I don't think it was VJ, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCEh8FNNuE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-EEf0pebEM
Activity: 530
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 06, 2015, 06:28:05 AM
I thought vj's identity was already known? He was the owner of some big cannabis seed company, there was a video posted apparently featuring him. He was getting shouted at by some other guy about something.

I know that's not very helpful. I wasn't really paying much attention at the time and I watched the video on mute!

im sure it was on reddit...

Could you look for that video? that would be awesome..

Search for "Gypsy Nirvana PlanetGanja" on Youtube. I think there was a part 1 and 2.
The shouting psychopath is Gypsy Nirvana (currently in jail), his "victim" is allegedly VJ, but I'm not so sure about that.
Activity: 66
Live Free Or Die
April 06, 2015, 04:30:02 AM
With these recent events with the corrupt feds and the reasonable doubt of some other mastermind, is there any hope for Ross to get the conviction overturned or commuted or a shorter sentence? I'm torn on the wrongful conviction aspect. I don't think he ever should've been arrested or convicted but to be fair, I don't know all the whole story and there's the deal with hired assassinations...

...and truth be told, I was always a fan of the dead pool. It's a genius idea, really - illegal or not - and if it was continued and implemented it could go a long way in striking real fear in these corrupt politicians and "enforcers" and media propagandists. I'd love to see an Anonymous warning to the whole lot of them to straighten up, undo their corruption, come clean, step down - whatever - or find themselves on the list...and have a couple of the worst ones taken out. I bet they'd get their shit together in a hurry.  Grin

I was a fan of the Tar & Feather Society. I wish like hell somebody would put that together, a less permanent version of the dead pool and instead of having them assassinated, they're given fair warning and a reasonable period of time to comply and the consequence for failure or refusal or ignoring the warning is they're nabbed in the dead of night, taken somewhere and tarred/feathered, then tied to a pole and left in a public area with a big sign admitting their corruption. Maybe shaming and humiliation and fear will help. Imagine all the police department heads being warned to rid the department of all corruption and all corrupt officers or face the consequences.

Anyway, I know it'll never happen because people are too candy ass but man...I'd donate some bitcoin to see it go down!  Grin

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
April 05, 2015, 10:19:21 PM
I thought vj's identity was already known? He was the owner of some big cannabis seed company, there was a video posted apparently featuring him. He was getting shouted at by some other guy about something.

I know that's not very helpful. I wasn't really paying much attention at the time and I watched the video on mute!

Could you look for that video? that would be awesome..
April 05, 2015, 10:18:30 PM
While that connection that they made regarding flush is pretty good, but I found a lot of places where they are going to points a to b to c, and some places i thought you just couldnt jump to without some info from the goverment. Yes, social shit is very important, thats why you need to be careful from the second you start posting online. I bet a lot of the evidence that they came up with when they found flush' identity were posted well before SR was alive...

I just cant believe what an idiot Ross was to record EVERY FUCKING thing....That takes the cake.... I have absolutely no doubt he would have been fount not guilty or they would have reached some sort of deal with very very little jail time if it werent for the logs and his computer, but my money is on that they couldnt really have charged him.
Activity: 294
April 05, 2015, 07:00:30 PM
Wow there seems to be a lot of mystery around this Variety Jones guy....mu money...would have to be on a corrupt DEA official. I mean let's face it...hes been able to get away for so long he must be doing something right...
Activity: 682
April 05, 2015, 06:26:21 PM

April 05, 2015, 04:36:55 PM
my money is on that Variety Jones is That mangoose guy/thomas clark....
AGD
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
April 05, 2015, 02:24:09 PM
Yeah! Check
http://antilop.cc/sr/#assassination_plot

How they come to the conclusion, that Curtis Green is Flush/Chronicpain is amazing

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/08/silk_road_admin_curtis_green_speaks/

JESUS ! He gave away a lot of info . The " I cashed out at 2 world poker series " being the worst inho . Beware profiling . Oh , and I got it wrong in a previous post , I said Nod and meant nob

Talking about this guy/gal?:

The “nob” account, as noted above, was an undercover account controlled by SA Force.  
SA Force had been using the account to communicate with “Dread Pirate Roberts,”
posing as a large - scale drug dealer seeking to do business on Silk Road.  
Activity: 546
Warning: Confrmed Gavinista
April 05, 2015, 08:39:32 AM
Great, now I'm stuck in a deep ass rabbit hole and I can't stop reading

^this  Grin  This is great.

@AGD

Greta piece of research, all in one place. Thanks.  Cool
AGD
legendary