Pages:
Author

Topic: Who likes pod miners? - page 33. (Read 55853 times)

Activity: 178
Merit: 12
April 18, 2017, 08:53:08 AM
Just got shipping notification for the revised Terminus PCBs, only a few days after I expected to already have them in hand. So not too bad. Hopefully they're delivered by week's end and, double hopefully, the new regulator design works as expected.

Nice hopefully you can use the same pcb to run the 16nm chips can't wait for that..
Activity: 594
Merit: 506
April 18, 2017, 07:59:09 AM
Just got shipping notification for the revised Terminus PCBs, only a few days after I expected to already have them in hand. So not too bad. Hopefully they're delivered by week's end and, double hopefully, the new regulator design works as expected.

Good news. Can't wait for it!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
April 18, 2017, 12:57:57 AM

they will be nice items when they release to the public.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
April 17, 2017, 11:52:55 PM
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
April 06, 2017, 06:06:42 PM
Quote from: sidehack

Were you cleaning an actual thermal adhesive, or just regular heatsink grease?

Used it for everything...High percent...Not sure the exact brand or solvent... isopropyl maybe or peroxide?.. Something flammable, we needed chemical clearance to use it..
But that's just business politics.

Gasoline might also work... Heh, just being creative Wink
legendary
April 06, 2017, 05:45:18 PM
The black epoxy won't come off under rubbing alcohol or acetone. The white epoxy is acetone-soluble. I don't know of any epoxy that'll dissolve in rubbing alcohol, nor would I respect it if it did. But that's not really the point, or at least not the entire point.

As has been mentioned a lot of times before, having to heat 50-60 individual heatsinks and pop them off and then pop all the backside heatsinks off and then soak the board in an industrial solvent and scrub off epoxy just to get the boards to a state S5 boards are already, and then you have to strip the chips and then reliably install them on something being careful around the 0.4mm-pitch pads and traces, really REALLY isn't worth the trouble. Don't even argue. It's not going to happen. I already put up more effort than most sane people would to get BM1384 products out there using stripped chips.

So anything newer than BM1384, I'm working on BF16 dev for that because I can actually get new chips instead of wasting buttloads of time jacking around with someone else's crap trying to harvest chips out of a hairball of metal and glue.

Were you cleaning an actual thermal adhesive, or just regular heatsink grease?
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
April 06, 2017, 05:19:04 PM
Quote from: NotFuzzyWarm
Try reading his threads....
The 1384 is the last chip from Bitmain that can easily salvaged and reused! All others after it are damn near impossible to work with due to the smaller pitch and issues on removing the heatsink adhesive.

Have you tried using rubbing alcohol to remove the adhesive? ..You just apply a bit and heh...Rub whatever is on there off. That's what we used at Nvidia to clean chips.
Activity: 594
Merit: 506
April 06, 2017, 07:52:28 AM
I need the pod! What's the latest ETA?
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 04, 2017, 08:44:57 PM
I'll see about grabbing it and putting it on my Imgur act. The direct search link was several lines long Wink
Here ya go: The Single

Innards of a Jala` Cube
legendary
April 04, 2017, 08:42:37 PM
No offense but I'm not clicking that link. Google scripts aren't allowed on my machines.

From BFL's playbook though, it wouldn't be too hard to make a tube with a fan on one end, or Jalapeno-like box with fan on top.

I wonder about just a folded steel tube with a C cross-section, with a fan on one end, wrapping around the miner with the jacks exposed. Would need a few tabs for screwing into the board, some for the fan. Not too difficult for someone with the right equipment.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 04, 2017, 08:22:50 PM
Well, you could always do something like folks did with BFL Singles...
LOT's of airflow there & look pretty cool ta'boot.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
April 04, 2017, 04:48:50 PM
Right, except those guys are two of my biggest customers, between the two of them responsible for over half the entire first batch of 2Pacs (and a majority of Compacs ever built). So anyone care to help out with this, instead of criticize needlessly?

okay   how about this

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/kitchen-drawer-organizer-collection-in-bronze/230825

they are cheap  Since you know you measurements  would these fit?

if they do not  fit there are 20 variants on amazon.

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
April 04, 2017, 04:26:57 PM
Bitshopper.de is working just fine for me.

Great work, looking good!
legendary
April 04, 2017, 04:17:33 PM
Right, except those guys are two of my biggest customers, between the two of them responsible for over half the entire first batch of 2Pacs (and a majority of Compacs ever built). So anyone care to help out with this, instead of criticize needlessly?
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
April 04, 2017, 03:46:37 PM
Both MacEntyre (bitshopper.de) and CrazyGuy (ASICPuppy.net) desire that these Terminus pods had a case or housing.

I'm figuring on adding screw holes to the PCB to help facilitate this, but I have not the resources to manufacture a case worth selling.

Anyone care to help out with this?

ASICPuppy appears to only sell a few accessories, and Bitshopper throws 404 errors all over the place. I wouldn't worry about accommodating those guys. A case would just increase cost and restrict airflow.
legendary
April 04, 2017, 03:04:09 PM
Both MacEntyre (bitshopper.de) and CrazyGuy (ASICPuppy.net) desire that these Terminus pods had a case or housing.

I'm figuring on adding screw holes to the PCB to help facilitate this, but I have not the resources to manufacture a case worth selling.

Anyone care to help out with this?
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
April 02, 2017, 12:19:14 PM
hum!!!
it seem raspberry pi model 3???
or what else???
really interested!!!
did you have checked how much power drain at the wall?
I mean the raspberry pi more therminus?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
April 02, 2017, 11:20:10 AM

Terminus Ready Grin
legendary
April 02, 2017, 10:37:54 AM
I should have revised prototype PCBs in about ten days. Mind you that's the same time 2Pac batch 2 starts production so I might not get to them right away, but I'll do what I can. Hopefully this time they work as expected. That buck circuit is very disappointing, especially since it was going to be used on the Amita and TypeZero stuff as well. If the one as designed on the Terminus is up to snuff I'll probably carry that design forward to bigger models instead. It's about the same cost but more complex, however it should also handle the heat from pushing high current a bit better which is a plus for larger hungrier boards.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
April 02, 2017, 10:27:49 AM
I bought 10 Compacs, 10 2Pacs, soon as these are ready I'm in for 10 Terminus as well Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: