Pages:
Author

Topic: Who likes pod miners? - page 36. (Read 55837 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
March 28, 2017, 01:37:54 AM
Zoomhash used to sell 12v 10A bricks with a barrel connection for use with Gridseed "80" units (1 per board so 2 per unit).

I think I've seen higher, but that 10A is pushing the limits on a single barrel connection IIRC.

Where are the mounting holes though?

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
March 27, 2017, 10:31:57 PM
Lookin' sweet!
Ok, I'll wait and won't hack a hub to supply moar power for 2Pacs's/Compac... Wink
@ Biodom, yes, is a barrel connector for power. USB is coms only as I recall.

actually, i would think that there is a mini USB on the left for coms, but both USB B and barrel are for power, but let's await a word from the man.
Well until he pipes in, with him saying
100GH off a 12V3A brick and 140GH from a 5A brick
pretty sure you aren't gonna get 12v from a USB jack Wink

well, sure, brick is a barrel, but I recall that USB power might have been an option (..and I was wrong).
maybe brick for superpag is a wrong one (i just checked), but Plugable's brick has 12V 5A coming out in a barrel, so why not?
i am not talking about using the hub itself.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
March 27, 2017, 10:31:49 PM
It's USB-B. Legacy? Surely I'm not the only one who still uses B. I prefer it to all newer versions. But there's also a mini on there for folks who'd rather use that. I like giving people options.
12V power from a barrel connector, so any kind of 5V supply will be basically useless. This draws zero power from the USB bus. USB for power on a 30-60W device makes no sense. (Please don't bring up USB-C, that's clearly not what's going on here.)
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
March 27, 2017, 10:29:10 PM
Lookin' sweet!
Ok, I'll wait and won't hack a hub to supply moar power for 2Pacs's/Compac... Wink

actually, i would think that there is a mini USB on the left for coms, but both USB B and barrel are for power, but let's await a word from the man.
Well until he pipes in, with him saying
100GH off a 12V3A brick and 140GH from a 5A brick
pretty sure you aren't gonna get 12v from a USB jack Wink
legendary
March 27, 2017, 10:24:42 PM
Lookin' sweet!

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
March 27, 2017, 10:19:40 PM
Lookin' sweet!
legendary
March 27, 2017, 09:50:36 PM
Nice...is the voltage adjustment (potentiometer?) with that tall black 'structure' on a green base?
I have a 70W14A block (from Superpag)  Grin
from left: mini usb? next to the right-Ethernet looks like some alt power connector, maybe? USB B type?
I have some usb A to USB B cords from legacy equipment.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
March 27, 2017, 09:28:26 PM

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr_TERMINUS

Whoops I must have forgot to mention I have a new pod miner in development, the Terminus R808. It still uses BM1384 (8 of 'em, hence the name) that should run 100GH off a 12V3A brick and 140GH from a 5A brick. Haven't fully tested yet but it should run that 100GH without a fan (turn it on its side for improved convection), and it has adjustable core voltage and built-in 80C thermal shutoff. At four inches square, it's the smallest not-stick Bitcoin miner made in what, two years?

Everything works except the main Vcore power is misbehaving so I'm redoing that part from scratch. The new layout is already done and I'll be sending off for prototype PCBs tomorrow. It also already works with VH's current cgminer build.

My test unit (running off a hacked external buck) is hashing away at 250MHz (110GH) as seen in the link above.

needs a fan to cool it?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
March 27, 2017, 09:25:19 PM

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr_TERMINUS

Whoops I must have forgot to mention I have a new pod miner in development, the Terminus R808. It still uses BM1384 (8 of 'em, hence the name) that should run 100GH off a 12V3A brick and 140GH from a 5A brick. Haven't fully tested yet but it should run that 100GH without a fan (turn it on its side for improved convection), and it has adjustable core voltage and built-in 80C thermal shutoff. At four inches square, it's the smallest not-stick Bitcoin miner made in what, two years?

Everything works except the main Vcore power is misbehaving so I'm redoing that part from scratch. The new layout is already done and I'll be sending off for prototype PCBs tomorrow. It also already works with VH's current cgminer build.

My test unit (running off a hacked external buck) is hashing away at 250MHz (110GH) as seen in the link above.
Pages:
Jump to: