Pages:
Author

Topic: Who wrote the Bible? - page 6. (Read 3795 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 21, 2016, 12:03:54 PM
Many men wrote the bible.
The bible is a collection of many stories handed down over thousands of years by mouth before ever written down. People changed the stories over the years to make them sound more magical or to make the point seem more important, many stories were condensed. Also entire books were edited or completely left out. All have been re-written over and over again for hundreds of years by many different people who either changed to make it more updated or to translate into other languages. The translations are not all exactly the same.It does, however, have literally hundreds of contradictions.Also if you know languages, you can compare the different translations to see the contradictions there also

Yes, many men wrote the bible and as of now there are many translations but it doesn't really give the sense or true message because there are words that was changed. So for me, King James Version is the most reliable version of bible.

King james is just very recent maybe around 1611 years After Christ. God knows what they've changed. New testament should have been back when few disciples were still alive. i believe Paul reached Asia to spread the word..
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 21, 2016, 11:28:55 AM
The bible is a collection of many stories handed down over thousands of years by mouth before ever written down. People changed the stories over the years to make them sound more magical or to make the point seem more important, many stories were condensed. Also entire books were edited or completely left out. All have been re-written over and over again for hundreds of years by many different people who either changed to make it more updated or to translate into other languages. The translations are not all exactly the same.It does, however, have literally hundreds of contradictions.Also if you know languages, you can compare the different translations to see the contradictions there also

Yes, many men wrote the bible and as of now there are many translations but it doesn't really give the sense or true message because there are words that was changed. So for me, King James Version is the most reliable version of bible.
legendary
February 21, 2016, 11:10:02 AM

you mean those dead sea scrolls isn't exactly what it is and that its not really the real manuscript as these stories are handed down by word of mouth?
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
February 21, 2016, 05:48:25 AM
legendary
February 21, 2016, 05:03:20 AM
You guys should check out the sumerian mythology/religion.

A lot of our world religions have their roots in their.
Creation of the world and men, paradies, great flood and so on.

This is also no surprise because usually if a new dominant religion is emerging the old one will be partly assimilated to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Christians would be surprised if they read the bible and the Sumerian texts... it would blow their minds...

Christians copied their entire tradition from somewhere... the texts are stolen from Sumerian and Jewish, the dates and festivals they stole are Germanic pagan...

December 25 (winter solstice), aka Yule, had been celebrated for centuries before anyone invented the name Christ
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

Easter was also a pagan tradition... ever wonder what the Easter bunny and egg hunts have to do with Jesus rising from the dead?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ēostre

Ēostre or Ostara (Old English: Ēastre, Northumbrian dialect Ēostre; Old High German: *Ôstara (reconstructed form)) is a Germanic divinity who, by way of the Germanic month bearing her name (Northumbrian: Ēosturmōnaþ; West Saxon: Ēastermōnaþ; Old High German: Ôstarmânoth), is the namesake of the festival of Easter.

Bede states that during Ēosturmōnaþ (the equivalent of April), pagan Anglo-Saxons had held feasts in Eostre's honor, but that this tradition had died out by his time, replaced by the Christian Paschal month, a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus.

december 25 isn't the birth of christ as you can read the bible, they do have sheeps and the big star is there when jesus was born and the 3 kings were one the way as well.
if it were december, its going to be damn cold and has snow everywhere in jerusalem/bethlehem. so christ birthday its definitely not dec 25.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
February 20, 2016, 03:40:41 PM

Creator(s) of the universeA single God, YHVH.A God battling a Goddess.

I'm curious where it says YHVH created the universe... the first verse of the bible refers to Elohim, plural for gods, creating the universe

Quote from: Genesis 1:1
In the beginning created gods, the heaven and the Earth.
Bereshit bara Elohim et hashamayim ve'et ha'arets.

Bereshit (בראשית) = In the beginning
bara (ברא) = created
Elohim (אלהים) = gods
et (את) = the
hashamayim (השמים) = heavens
ve'et (ואת)= and the
ha'arets (הארץ) = Earth

IIRC, YHVH (יהוה) means lord... so, lord = gods?  Now I'm confused

Fixed it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 20, 2016, 03:36:35 PM

Creator(s) of the universeA single God, YHVH.A God battling a Goddess.

I'm curious where it says YHVH created the universe... the first verse of the bible refers to Elohim, plural for gods, creating the universe

protip: Read Hebrew from right to left

Quote from: Genesis 1:1
In the beginning created gods, the heavens and the Earth.
Bereshit bara Elohim et hashamayim ve'et ha'arets.

Bereshit (בראשית) = In the beginning
bara (ברא) = created
Elohim (אלהים) = gods (plural)
et (את) = the
hashamayim (השמים) = heavens (plural)
ve'et (ואת) = and the
ha'arets (הארץ) = Earth

IIRC, YHVH (יהוה/Yahweh/Jehovah) means lord... so, lord = gods?  Now I'm confused
legendary
February 20, 2016, 03:28:21 PM
Looks like Bible stories were taken from other, earlier myths.

Comparison of Genesis' first Creation Story with Enuma Elish, a Babylonian creation story

The Babylonian creation story is called by its first two words "Enuma Elish."
According to archaeologists, it was originally written circa 1120 BCE.

It was discovered in 1875 CE. It bears many points of similarity to the first creation story
in the Bible:

ItemAncient Israelite Creation StoryBabylonian Creation Story
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SourceGenesis 1:1 to 2:3Enuma Elish
Date of writing (liberal belief)8th or 9th century BCELate 12th century BCE
Date of writing (conservative belief)13th century BCE, the time of MosesLate 12th century BCE.
Author (liberal belief)"P," authors of the Priestly tradition.Unknown.
Author (conservative belief)Moses.Unknown.
Creator(s) of the universeMultiple Gods, Elohim.A God battling a Goddess.
Initial state of the earthDesolate waste; covered in darkness.Chaos; enveloped in darkness.
First developmentLight created.Light created.
Next developmentFirmament created - a rigid dome over the earth separating the earth and heaven.Firmament created; also perceived as a rigid dome.
Next developmentDry land created.Dry land created.
Next developmentSun, moon, stars created.Sun, moon, stars created.
Next developmentCreation of men and women.Creation of men and women.
Final developmentGod rests and sanctify the Sabbath.Gods rest and celebrate.

source:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/com_geba.htm

According to Christian History, the Earth is 7330 years old. Bible (66 books) was written by 40 writers over 1400 years period.

source: http://www.bible.ca/b-bible-timeline-religious-history.htm
February 20, 2016, 01:22:56 PM
This may have been said in the tread, but I was told that some people believe that Moses wrote Genesis.  He obviously was not around during the creation, so if in fact he wrote Genesis, he was either told by God or the creation story was passed down from Adam, etc.

Or... Perhaps the scholars who have researched the book are correct when they say Moses never wrote it... 4 different people helped write Genesis... Hint, none of these 4 people were God...

Or, perhaps some asshat just made it all up... How is it more believable that God wrote it, than some storyteller wrote it?

People have always had stories about dragons and such... The bible is just a fairy tale... None of it is true... none of it...
Activity: 994
Merit: 510
February 20, 2016, 12:42:58 PM
This may have been said in the tread, but I was told that some people believe that Moses wrote Genesis.  He obviously was not around during the creation, so if in fact he wrote Genesis, he was either told by God or the creation story was passed down from Adam, etc.
legendary
February 20, 2016, 11:09:47 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible

The Pentateuch:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_hypothesis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahwist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuteronomist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priestly_source

The gospels:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel#Dating
    Mark: c. 68–73, c. 65–70.
    Matthew: c. 70–100, c. 80–85.
    Luke: c. 80–100, with most arguing for somewhere around 85, c. 80–85.
    John: c. 90–100, c. 90–110, The majority view is that it was written in stages, so there was no one date of composition.

Bear in mind that Jesus died when he was 33(?)... and the average lifespan at the time was around 30 years... so anyone writing ~100CE was not an eye-witness (John, Luke, Matthew)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synoptic_Gospels#The_synoptic_problem

I hope this clears everything up for you

LOL.  Yeah this does make sense.

It reminds me the pass the message game kids play:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_whispers

The end result is the Bible.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
February 20, 2016, 10:13:17 AM
Christians copied their entire tradition from somewhere... the texts are stolen from Sumerian and Jewish, the dates and festivals they stole are Germanic pagan...

That's true, they wanted to convert the pagans to christianity but to keep them satisfied, they've kept the rituals and dates from pagan believes. There are strong connections with rituals for Jarilo and orthodox christmas eve.

in many Slavic countries, Christmas is called Bozhich, which simply means little god. While this name fits very nicely with the Christian idea of Christmas, the name is likely of pagan origin; it indicated the birth of a young and new god of the sun to the old and weakened solar deity during the longest night of the year.

and a lot more dates but this one came to my mind right now.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
February 20, 2016, 09:51:52 AM
Bible have 66 different books, written over long period of time, more than 2000 years by many authors.
Christians believe that all this authors wrote with god's inspiration so they believe that ultimately Bible is God's words spoken through us, people.
I believe that high spiritual leaders and teachers, like Moses, through their own spiritual research find out some spiritual truth and wrote it on the paper, in order to save such precious word.
New Testament is probably created 1-2 centuries after Jesus, based on the words from Jesus followers.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 20, 2016, 03:38:01 AM
are you trust bible ?
bible is real "holy kitab" ? i see more people wrote it, it's abnormal for holy kitab  Undecided

why would they be abnormal, its just historic depiction and if you write a memoir regarding the events will that be abnormal..i am talking about new testament 
February 20, 2016, 03:00:04 AM
are you trust bible ?
bible is real "holy kitab" ? i see more people wrote it, it's abnormal for holy kitab  Undecided

Hahaha... Is this a Muslim laughing at Christians for their silly beliefs?    Grin
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
February 20, 2016, 02:58:04 AM
are you trust bible ?
bible is real "holy kitab" ? i see more people wrote it, it's abnormal for holy kitab  Undecided

You mean kebab? The thing that the german turks invented? Or are you talking about Kitáb-i-Aqdas?
(That is what google gives me)
Please check your translator!

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
ドラゴンスピ
February 20, 2016, 02:56:14 AM
are you trust bible ?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 19, 2016, 10:52:48 PM
Bible is written by many people including, apostles,kings,prophets and most of them in old testament it was written by prophets like Moses and in new testament by apostles.

Yeah I guess we'll stick to Bible is written by many people.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 19, 2016, 10:10:31 PM
Bible is written by many people including, apostles,kings,prophets and most of them in old testament it was written by prophets like Moses and in new testament by apostles.
February 19, 2016, 08:47:31 PM
You guys should check out the sumerian mythology/religion.

A lot of our world religions have their roots in their.
Creation of the world and men, paradies, great flood and so on.

This is also no surprise because usually if a new dominant religion is emerging the old one will be partly assimilated to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Christians would be surprised if they read the bible and the Sumerian texts... it would blow their minds...

December 25 (winter solstice), aka Yule, had been celebrated for centuries before anyone invented the name Christ
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

Easter was also a pagan tradition... ever wonder what the Easter bunny and egg hunts have to do with Jesus rising from the dead?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ēostre

Ēostre or Ostara (Old English: Ēastre, Northumbrian dialect Ēostre; Old High German: *Ôstara (reconstructed form)) is a Germanic divinity who, by way of the Germanic month bearing her name (Northumbrian: Ēosturmōnaþ; West Saxon: Ēastermōnaþ; Old High German: Ôstarmânoth), is the namesake of the festival of Easter.

Bede states that during Ēosturmōnaþ (the equivalent of April), pagan Anglo-Saxons had held feasts in Eostre's honor, but that this tradition had died out by his time, replaced by the Christian Paschal month, a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus.
Pages:
Jump to: