Pages:
Author

Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold? - page 13. (Read 2666 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
March 04, 2018, 09:30:53 PM
Because holding is the most simple and not required efforts strategy on the market. Experience has shown that holding is working in many cases, it is good especially for newbies.

Agreed. The skills required to trade in and out of any asset effectively take years to hone. First you have to develop your trading system. (Most ones that you buy are BS and don't work... for example: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proven-trading-signals-not-pump-2848725.)

Then you have to master your own trading psychology. Most of the time that will work against you. You'll end up selling at the worst possible time: when the price is lowest and you are at "max pain".

Hodling is a way to help new traders mitigate those pitfalls.
Activity: 22
March 04, 2018, 09:24:03 PM
Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.

Becaus is how you gonna earn more profit than just selling on a normal upswing of th bitcoins.
Activity: 309
Merit: 15
March 04, 2018, 09:23:16 PM
Because you never know when the train stop. There will be new ATH every year. Just make sure you don't sell it at dip
Activity: 362
Merit: 101
March 04, 2018, 08:13:14 PM
Because holding is the most simple and not required efforts strategy on the market. Experience has shown that holding is working in many cases, it is good especially for newbies.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
March 04, 2018, 07:40:01 PM
Hi all,
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Regards.
Many people suggest to hold because they think holding will lessen the risk that their money will be lost. Unlike trading, it is obvious that this one is quite risky than just holding your coin so they rather hold than do trading. But holding will not have a guarantee that you will earn profit, sometimes it will go down and you will lose a part of your holdings. It is more like a waiting game. You earn profit just by waiting for the next pump unlike in trading, money comes fast to you. Trading is extremely profitable but just like what I have said, it is risky especially for those who have less experience or no experience in doing this.
Activity: 214
Merit: 10
March 04, 2018, 06:32:54 PM
Because holding is one of the choices from many people that hoping much more. And they are hoping that much more increasing the value of the coins to hold. And they said that to hold the coins is there's a lot of potential for them to received.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
March 04, 2018, 06:31:05 PM
Bitcoin has no stable price.It will down or up.Holding a Bitcoin is not bad because if you want to earn money you need to wait for the price increase.It is really a challenge to you.If you hold it and wait for the good price you will receive also a good profit.
Normally the bitcoin has a high volatility. And the best strategy is hold and wait for the right price to sell. So then everyone may experience gaining a huge amount of profit and it is really proven and tested  that holding is profitable as long as we have patience to wait for the right price to sell.
Activity: 518
March 04, 2018, 05:24:09 PM
Bitcoin has no stable price.It will down or up.Holding a Bitcoin is not bad because if you want to earn money you need to wait for the price increase.It is really a challenge to you.If you hold it and wait for the good price you will receive also a good profit.
Activity: 51
March 04, 2018, 03:01:03 PM
Mainly because historically the price of bitcoin has always rose against the passing of time. Usually when there is a crash the best thing to do is to hold and maybe even buy more so the toys can exploit such crash and make even more profit when the value bounces back up.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 302
March 04, 2018, 02:57:17 PM
Holding will not make you to lose any dollars.If you hold for six months means,nothing is loss for you.When the price increase to high value afyer that six months as compared to past value means,all that profit will get into your pocket for just holding.Other then holding,you no need to do anything for that profit.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
March 04, 2018, 02:30:57 PM
Hi all,

Regards.
Hold is gold because most of the real coin and project must pump .On the other hand people get loss asset and money anytime on trading platform.Example you bought low but this coin get down and down  then? Most of the people failed to control her self and mind and they upset for panic sell.So its best idea to hold your coin util you get it your target price.
Activity: 182
March 04, 2018, 01:39:48 PM
Hodling is one of the Golden rule in trading. Holders are believers also on the coin they invest in, Fundamental analysis is much very important that's is why there is no risk in there, It's a matter of time because of the volatility of the market.

If you are day trader or in short term profit you can sell at loss and buy the dip (no one knows exactly when is the final dip)

Hold and buy more at the dip is my strategy because you'll never loss if you won't sell Wink
Activity: 568
March 04, 2018, 01:21:02 PM
Its because most of the investors just sell their coins on seeing a price dip and they don't even realise that market would once again turn bullish.

Well not everyone can efficiently trade but everyone can hold. That's why many people don't find it hard to suggest hodling as a good way of managing your funds. It may be a longer wait to see your profits but it definitely is less risky.
I think the very reason is that if the value is low, better buy it and hold with patience while waiting for its increase. Due to its volatility, it's best that we know how to deal with it and play the game wisely and productively.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 04, 2018, 12:05:11 PM
Its because most of the investors just sell their coins on seeing a price dip and they don't even realise that market would once again turn bullish.

Well not everyone can efficiently trade but everyone can hold. That's why many people don't find it hard to suggest hodling as a good way of managing your funds. It may be a longer wait to see your profits but it definitely is less risky.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
March 04, 2018, 02:45:08 AM
Holding a bitcoin is like holding the old things.
That you can also sell it for a high price over the years after the golden treasures.

Activity: 706
March 03, 2018, 07:50:26 PM
Should i say that is the best strategy if you looking more profit from your holdings your not getting loss when you hold if it is not the right value that you are going to sell your coins that's why almost everybody are suggesting to hold.
Activity: 158
Merit: 10
March 03, 2018, 07:03:39 PM
Hi all,

Regards.

Bitcoin is volatile and we should know that before we start trading or investing. It is better is you'll make you own decisions on your own and just do your own strategy. Bitcoin is a long term investment for you to get a better profit in the future. o if you do panic selling, you'll lose something too. Patience is always a virtue here in crypto world.
Actually in current time most of the investors are confident about bitcoin price that it will start increasing for a long long time, and that is the reason that they think that it will be more good if we hold bitcoin for some good time and not to sell it right now, because in future it is expected that we will get a very good profit from bitcoin.
sometimes I also think the same with you but on the other hand if we always hold coin that we have the same make the coin is dead because there is no exchange transaction happened.profit or loss is reasonable but if you want support crypto existence then trading is without fear of loss as long as I'm still get profit I think it does not matter
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
March 03, 2018, 06:49:37 PM
Hi all,

Regards.

Bitcoin is volatile and we should know that before we start trading or investing. It is better is you'll make you own decisions on your own and just do your own strategy. Bitcoin is a long term investment for you to get a better profit in the future. o if you do panic selling, you'll lose something too. Patience is always a virtue here in crypto world.
Actually in current time most of the investors are confident about bitcoin price that it will start increasing for a long long time, and that is the reason that they think that it will be more good if we hold bitcoin for some good time and not to sell it right now, because in future it is expected that we will get a very good profit from bitcoin.
Activity: 546
March 03, 2018, 12:44:28 PM
Trying to day trade Bitcoin is like gambling either you are going to earn very much or you can lose it all. Due to no regulatory over watch the whales manipulate the market as they like. But by hodling you only lose if you sell and you don't lose if you don't sell. You only sell when  the price reaches your target. Also if you look at stats then you are more likely to earn more if you just hodl then say if you were trading.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
March 03, 2018, 11:01:46 AM
I am quiet new and I honestly dont know what is the best start.
- Investing in some PoS Coins?
- Focusing on Hard forks?
- Making good deals via trading.

There seem to be some options, but I honesltly dont know which way to follow.
Actualy I like staking some coins and trying to combine it with some fork projects....

At the end, holding some coins, that are interesting for you, is the key....I guess
It depends on your capital, PoS coins are good but only if you are able to invest a huge amount fiat and then stake your coins, trading can be a good option as well, but it is not easy and many lose money instead of earning any money, hard forks for the most part are a waste of time very few become successful so as you can see making any money is not easy in this market.
PoS investment would really be good if you can able to put out huge money or capital on it same as you said.This is somehow a passive income but cant be sure if it would sustain for longer years to come. Trading is the most valuable option for me but it wont really be an easy thing an not all people is capable to be successful with it.Most people do failed up but others do still able to handle it. Holding of coins is just applicable for potential coins in the market.
Yes, most coins do not last long so putting your money in a PoS coin can bring great profits but it can bring huge losses as well this is the reason many advice to only hold bitcoin for the long term and to be ready to sell all your other altcoins just in case the coin suffers a problem and except for a few altcoins I think the advice makes sense.
The risk of a PoS coin investment is when you're holding your coins in the wallet, then price of that coins falls down and does not go back up again, make sure you use this investment with potential PoS coins, then holding bitcoin also you should do, You can see price is continuously improving, current price is $11,5k of course you don't want to leave the train again right?
Pages:
Jump to: