Pages:
Author

Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold? - page 20. (Read 2666 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
February 20, 2018, 07:49:44 AM
Because Holding is preserving more money than day trading or selling when bear market comes, soon all patience will give us massive profit due to HODLING!
Patience is all that it takes to see huge profit on one's holding. No one who is not a trader should even have any business trying to dump, traders do it because they want to make profit and they do it at a huge risk. There is a lot of great future for the bitcoin and its development, so that is what a typical investor should be after and not just these little ups and downs that we have presently.

Bitcoin has proven to be the future, but if we all decide to start selling out of panic, then who is going to end up buying. This is more like a community and the only reason we are holding picture is because we believe in its future and in the greatness it is going to bring as a lot of the way we do things will end up changing like we are already seeing it, so if we get distracted by just the value, then that would be wrong.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
February 20, 2018, 05:51:31 AM
Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
Hold as long as you are not a trader and you do not know exactly what you are doing as you will end up getting confused anyway in the long run. Sure, you can learn how to follow trend in trading and that can always help you a little bit when the market is in a huge correction but if you know that you would not know when to sell and when to buy back in, please hold.

when you are trying to trade for knowledge is the best armor that you may have for , first make sure that you are having that for , then dont just go with a war with no armor yet this may look for nothing , so when you are starting here you are trying also that you may have to be more good on it do what would be the best thing to do for. hold is the best for when you are in learning to.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
February 20, 2018, 05:46:23 AM
You should hold because it will go up for sure. U can see it very easily
Activity: 386
Merit: 100
February 20, 2018, 05:42:59 AM
Hi all,
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Regards.
Hold as long as you are not a trader and you do not know exactly what you are doing as you will end up getting confused anyway in the long run. Sure, you can learn how to follow trend in trading and that can always help you a little bit when the market is in a huge correction but if you know that you would not know when to sell and when to buy back in, please hold.
Activity: 243
Merit: 10
February 20, 2018, 01:38:01 AM
Maybe because they wanted to avoid the possibilities that you will loss all of your profits if you will choose not to hold. They see holding as a safer way rather than selling.
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
February 19, 2018, 11:26:31 AM
When we turn back the history of the crypto currency it will be in the uptrend after a big crash so people say holding is better when the prices are dumping but it may not suits to all the crypto currencies but it will for the bitcoin and other reputed currencies so hold it,if you can buy more crypto at the time of dumping.
Activity: 235
February 19, 2018, 11:10:23 AM
You can earn on daily trading but you need to have a good intuition to determine when to sell and what an alt is better to buy. In the long-term perspective you invest and after that receive a large sum immediately at a time.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
February 19, 2018, 11:07:18 AM
Well, holding is definitely much safer compared to selling and then trying to buy at an even bigger dip.

Another reason is people don't want the prices to fall even further by people continuing to sell.
Apart from this majority of the users who have suggested to hold bitcoin could have experienced the goodness of holding bitcoin. The market crash happens only when rumors get out. If bitcoin is allowed to move on its own now it could have crossed $25000, because even after several issues bitcoin has reached $11000.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
February 19, 2018, 11:02:17 AM
It's the easiest and most effective way to earn money. of course like today you loss because btc is low but if you just hodl it you can profit significantly. but that's long term.

Agree  to you because when you are holding, you are still earning, the profits is growing specially when the price of bitcoin will start to pump, so your altcoins will also get up in USD value. That's why most of people always saying HOLD.
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
February 19, 2018, 10:25:15 AM
Well, holding is definitely much safer compared to selling and then trying to buy at an even bigger dip.

Another reason is people don't want the prices to fall even further by people continuing to sell.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
February 19, 2018, 10:09:37 AM
I think they suggest to hold because they are expecting that it will grow higher and they get some or they can make there investment doubled.
This is also a test of patience but of course there is corresponding consequence. You must be ready for it.

That is true and possible it happens many times. Before no value and their was a time it has a value already and instant millioner because they hold it before under process. They don't make a thing on rush for everything because we don't even know what will happen next. The people try to hold btc because of the good result if it will high the price will double it up and until the bitcoiner surprise for the result. In my own it is better to hold it up and wait like other did because in market possible it will high.
Activity: 420
February 19, 2018, 08:15:55 AM
This is because the market condition is the favor of holding, May you have bitcoin or altcoin in your account because this is currently going the recovery trend and I think in nearly future the almost all market will go up and almost every body who have hold the bitcoin and altcoin will get good profit at the same coin in up growing market, So you have a good option to earn good in future by just keep holding currently.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
1st of May
February 19, 2018, 07:50:09 AM
It is quite natural that correction would take place in the market, so after the correction the market would recover again. That is why everybody is suggesting to hold.

Yes, mostly the coin or token will recover again after correction but please remember that not all of them will do recovery.
Recovery is depending of the type of altcoin. If its not really popular then maybe it will not recover again.
So thats why choosing the right altcoin is very important.
Activity: 98
Merit: 14
February 19, 2018, 07:34:02 AM
What I think is that, when they buy coins,  what they are looking for is a profit, so they will not sell their coins as long as it is not profitable, and they will not sell if they have a small loss. So they didn't think of that strategy, to sell your coin at the start of tha deep and buy again at the lowest price. Because what is in their mind is always "buy low and sell high".
Activity: 210
Merit: 106
February 19, 2018, 07:29:30 AM
Because it is obvious that you can make tons of money if you holded bitcoin a few years ago when it was less than $500 each one of them.

Just like it is happening with some coins right now who are having unexpected increases.

Holding is high profitable so thats why people asking you to hold your asset before selling it.
Anyway, i will say that holding is not like before because like you said, the grow of the altcoin and token is not like before.
Activity: 290
Merit: 15
February 19, 2018, 07:05:12 AM
It's the most simple way, of course if you don't have inside information

CryptoComes.com
Exclusive Blockchain News Journal
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
February 19, 2018, 05:22:04 AM
I agree with the author of the topic. If you sell your coins at the very beginning of the fall, then at the bottom you can buy more coins. The most difficult thing is to determine this bottom. But if the coin has already fallen heavily in price, then it's too late to sell. You need to become an investor and wait. You should have a risk management strategy and you must adhere to it.
Activity: 182
Algo Trader
February 19, 2018, 05:21:36 AM
Because Technology is not mature. It is still in development phase. You always have undervalued technology when in development. It only becomes fair when we see real world implementation. I am talking about Blockchain (If  you are thinking of Crypto or Bitcoin, then I will correct you that Those are  not technologies but use cases)

Once we see concrete use case of the technology, then only world will appreciate it's benefit and solutions. So wait till it matures.
Activity: 350
February 19, 2018, 04:24:52 AM
Hi all,

Regards.

Because the cryptocurrency are not that high these days and in order for you to not lose money because of ypu ever sell your holdings rather than to hold it you might miss the pump in what gonna happen thi year because a lot of experts are saying that bitcoins are gonna rise back up in the market and we all know that if bitcoins rises all the other xoins also rises and that is good for both us the holders and for the cryptocurrency itself.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
February 19, 2018, 04:20:33 AM
Hi all,

Regards.
We can see in the past few days the market is fluctuating extremely complex and difficult to predict, the price of bitocin is increasing continuously decreasing and there is no sign of stability again. So if you trade at this point it is extremely dangerous, very risky and very easy to fail. So at the present time keeping the most reasonable.
Bitcoin price can never be stable as all of us know. It use to increase and decrease with time so don’t worry about it. If we look back to the price of bitcoin is was low a few month ago and it touched the bottom price almost but now it is increasing again and I hope this quarter of month price will be more than 20k. People suggest to hold because they know price will increase, there are a lot of people who are now crying for selling bitcoin in time of dump, so I would say you to hold and wait for the market to increase the price once again.
Pages:
Jump to: