Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Altcoin prices often follow Bitcoin price - page 10. (Read 2281 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 116
Honestly, everything in the market  is related to the development of Bitcoin, so when it will rise, then the majority of cryptocurrencies will increase too and the same thing happens when the opposite is achieved . Furthermore, the most of crypto are the followers of Bitcoin and for example, when we saw the last crisis in Bitcoin ( when their price dropped to $ 7000 and $ 6000 ), then all the market ( like, Ripple, Ethereum, Cardano ...)  decreased with a huge value and this is an expected thing.
In my opinion,  this is  the main reason the relation between Bitcoin and Altcoin's :
( selling Altcoin + buying Bitcoin ) & ( buying Bitcoin + selling Altcoin ) = Equilibrium
Activity: 151
Merit: 0
I think people focus on bitcoin and when they see that its price is falling or rising, they start to sell or buy altcoins.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Do they really?
Yes it does.
And i have no idea as to why.
When you are about to buy an altcoin that catch your attention. What do you need before purchasing that coin? Bitcoin, right? so that's it.
Why the heck is their price so closely connected despite being so fundamentally different?
There's a domino effect and bitcoin's dominance was followed by the altcoins.

dunno , i get this pattern

btc up --> alt coin down ( but the usd sometimes up )
btc down --> alt down
btc stable --> alt up
Yep this is the pattern that what is noticeable during the market ups and downs. You can also add btc up --> alt up. It's unpredictable.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
Some alternate coins follow Bitcoin because it has become a basis of prices for almost every other alternate coins and Bitcoin is one of the fastest way to convert it into real money and because of this reason, it follows the price of Bitcoin to set their own standards.
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
dunno , i get this pattern

btc up --> alt coin down ( but the usd sometimes up )
btc down --> alt down
btc stable --> alt up

i think because btc the fundamental of crypto , so they are following to it
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
This question has been asked multiple times in every crypt-related forums but there's no definite answer as to why altcoins tend to follow bitcoins price. The only reason I can think of is that bitcoin is the "king" and that most altcoins are paired with bitcoin.
True and just because of altcoins paired with Bitcoin it's doesn't mean it should always following Bitcoin trends , just in the most case it is due some altcoin has no conventional currency pair , that's why it follows.
But when there's a pair to usd or euro etc sometimes it dropped due the altcoin stay stronger at conventional currency pair rather than to Bitcoin pair , as for the result it's not always.
Activity: 118
Don't in any way have resemblance in price in the market. Can a mother in any way have the same price with her daughter in a real world? aren't the two female? if mother is $10,000 then daughter will be $6,000-100, varies with value place on them. i think that there will be a time were altcoin price will often follow or will follow Bitcoin price. Just my candid opinion.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
Do they really? I often encounter this statement. And i have no idea as to why. This past few days, bitcoin is on the rise and most certainly than not altcoin's price surely follows. I am not saying this is bad but altcoins have very little in common with bitcoin. And they are certainly not carbon copies of bitcoin either. Why the heck is their price so closely connected despite being so fundamentally different?

While prices for altcoins are highly dependent on the price of bitcoin. But there will come a time when the altcoyins will begin to live their own lives and not depend on bitcoin. This will happen when the market capitalization is greatly increased.
Activity: 490
In fact, no difference. And that and that - криптовалюты. If we talk about any specific crypto currency, then the difference, of course, will be. First of all, this is the algorithm on which the crypto currency lockdown and the type of encryption used in the blockroom work. But most importantly, what interests users is the price of a specific crypto currency and the possibility of mining.
Activity: 490
Merit: 1
Bitcoin is the first crypto currency. It's popular and with very little supply, next to exploiting a bitcoin, you have to spend a lot of money to exploit bitcoin. Bitcoin is the currency that people always want to own, which gives it the lead in the cryptocurrency. You can see that bitcoin decreases the altcoin decreases. Bitcoin increases, all altcoins increase, but you may notice, Bitcoin increases to a certain extent, altcoin can recover prices again. Bitcoin can be said to be worth the price for the altcoin and stabilize the market price.
Activity: 196
Because bitcoin as master in crypto.course bitcoin movement so reference for altcoin other.
However, altcoin's selling value can not exceed the altcoin selling value.
Activity: 420
Merit: 171
Do they really? I often encounter this statement. And i have no idea as to why. This past few days, bitcoin is on the rise and most certainly than not altcoin's price surely follows. I am not saying this is bad but altcoins have very little in common with bitcoin. And they are certainly not carbon copies of bitcoin either. Why the heck is their price so closely connected despite being so fundamentally different?

Actually its not all the altcoin that goes with the flow whenever bitcoin the leading crypto  increase its price, preferably the mineabnle altcoins are the ones who goes with it but not all, as your going to see and check the market, altcoins deal with the price of bitcoin because if the price of bitcoin increase the more traders go with the law of demand and supply.
Activity: 53
because most popular pairs are BTC and ETh almost on every exchange and when bitcoin goes down many selling their altcoins for btc and eth and that why their goes even more down,boths, altcoins and bitcoin. We need more trading pairs on exchanges,so its harder to dump th whole cryptomarket
Activity: 1092
Merit: 257
LuckyB.it is Back!
This question has been asked multiple times in every crypt-related forums but there's no definite answer as to why altcoins tend to follow bitcoins price. The only reason I can think of is that bitcoin is the "king" and that most altcoins are paired with bitcoin.
Bitcoin is king of Cryptocurrency but this is not a exact reason. More than 1500 Cryptocurrencies are listed in the market but most of altcoins are different criteria to follow the pump and dump. But major altcoins are follow the Bitcoin value so big investors are investing in both Bitcoin and potential altcoins once panic to stop the investment automatically affect the total Crypto platform.
Activity: 258
Merit: 2
well i think it is because bitcoin is the core of cryptocurrency as a whole. bitcoin dictates and altcoins follows. although bitcoin's price is unpredictable but the growth of it is a growth of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

I think its because bitcoin still benchmark for market. When bitcoin price drop, maybe people who hold altcoin trying convert their altcoin for bitcoin and thats make altcoin price following bitcoin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
Bitcoin is old and brutal, he is like a old hunter who knows the path. And young hunters wisely following him. And if serious, I think that the reasons are reputation and capitalisation.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Altcoins usually follows Bitcoin price because they are using It as the main currency to trade. And maybe every single altcoins has a big connection to Bitcoin which make it their basis for the fluctuation of their price.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
because with the increase in Bitcoin trigger the development of Altcoin. so if Bitcoin increases, Altcoin increases. besides the development of Altcoin always follow Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: