Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Altcoin prices often follow Bitcoin price - page 3. (Read 2281 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 109
I think that most altcoins are tied to the price of ETH, not to BTC, ETH is the fundamental basis of most altcoins, therefore it serves as a reserve currency.
copper member
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!
Because Bitcoin manages a large part of the entire capitalization. And if most of the market falls, then the rest of the chain reaction reacts. 
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Basically, bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency and it will always be the main reason why a lot of people engaged on this kind of investments. Even if there are more new crypto coins coming and have a potential to become more popular, still it can't surpass bitcoin and it will be always on the top.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
The answer is simple and easy, so if Bitcoin is expensive then Altcoins is expensive because the trading pair on the Exchange always follows Bitcoin.
If Altcoins are cheap and Bitcoin is expensive then there will be a lot of people who continue to raise the price of Bitcoin.
Altcoin follow the movement of Bitcoin price because they are depend to it, when BTC price goes down the altcoins is also goes down abd when it up they do the same because many people are want Bitcoin, so they take that opportunity to earn by Bitcoin. The demand of people into bitcoin is growing so the reason it goes up its price, and since Altcoin want to beat the bitcoin then will going to increase its price .
Bitcoin which became the benchmark value of many other coins are very capable to make it as a valuable coin. it makes Altcoin follow every motion and developments owned Bitcoin. starting from price to growth that occurs in each period that occurs.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
The answer is simple and easy, so if Bitcoin is expensive then Altcoins is expensive because the trading pair on the Exchange always follows Bitcoin.
If Altcoins are cheap and Bitcoin is expensive then there will be a lot of people who continue to raise the price of Bitcoin.
Altcoin follow the movement of Bitcoin price because they are depend to it, when BTC price goes down the altcoins is also goes down abd when it up they do the same because many people are want Bitcoin, so they take that opportunity to earn by Bitcoin. The demand of people into bitcoin is growing so the reason it goes up its price, and since Altcoin want to beat the bitcoin then will going to increase its price .
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
Maybe because they are connected in some ways. Altcoin will surely following the leader and whatever the value of the bitcoin is, the altcoin will follow. Bitcoin also becomes the basis of the altcoins value so everything is done with a domino effect. This is all a hunch of mine. I see that they are somehow linked when it comes in the market.
Activity: 190
There are lots to that but I will give little explanation in my knowledge... Bitcoin and Ethereum are the two major coin Altcoin pair with when trading, when btc is increasing ETH is also increasing most often and majority of Altcoin makes use of ETH blockchain why some pair with ETH or BTC. I think that is making Altcoin price often follow bitcoin price.
Bitcoin and the coins that were build after Ethereum should have a price really similar to the two.
Activity: 532
Merit: 0
There are lots to that but I will give little explanation in my knowledge... Bitcoin and Ethereum are the two major coin Altcoin pair with when trading, when btc is increasing ETH is also increasing most often and majority of Altcoin makes use of ETH blockchain why some pair with ETH or BTC. I think that is making Altcoin price often follow bitcoin price.
Activity: 62
because bitcoin has a big impact on altcoins and so they repeat the fall and rise in the price of bitcoin
OTC
Activity: 196
Altcoins prices often follow bitcoin price because bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency in the cryptocurrency industry.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
Because first of all it is a BTC market, from October 31 2008 when Satoshi Nakamoto published the white paper of Bitcoin and till now. And it is still the main indicator of the crypto market, but also it is the most manipulative coin too...
Activity: 1288
Merit: 7
A look at coinmarketcap shows that market cap and volume for bitcoin versus other cryptocurrencies is lot more than the altcoins. Secondly, most trading pairs (altcoin/bitcoin) are with bitcoin. bitcoin being the first cryptocurrency, has attracted a lot of crypto participants. So, a lot revolve round BITCOIN. This makes the cryptocurrrency unique with great future potentials. Just as gravity pulls objects to the centre of the earth, likewise, Bitcoin pulls altcoins when it moves.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
Do they really? I often encounter this statement. And i have no idea as to why. This past few days, bitcoin is on the rise and most certainly than not altcoin's price surely follows. I am not saying this is bad but altcoins have very little in common with bitcoin. And they are certainly not carbon copies of bitcoin either. Why the heck is their price so closely connected despite being so fundamentally different?
Yes, they follow the flow of bitcoin even in the market. I think because of coin are pair with the bitcoin so they depends in bitcoin price.
Not every time as there could still be some exceptions somehow. At least, we have seen a lot of altcoins resisting such movements in the case where bitcoin is not bringing a favorable condition for them. For instance, doge really gave a huge push recently, despite the market tending to move down hugely but still tried to test the previous high few months back. Generally though, we all know that altcoins are just some sort of distraction from the real deal and as long as they will keep being there, they will certainly be tied to the movement of bitcoin.
Activity: 149
Most of the investors are trying to predict the market movements based on Butcoins movement. So when Bitcoin drops a lot of investors are selling altcoins too. When Bitcoin is rising the same investors are expecting altcoins to rise and start buying.
If the price is always rising then there would not be a chance for people to get their money out. The market is doing okay for now.
Activity: 327
Merit: 124
At first, I was also confused when the price of bitcoin dropped and altcoin prices also fell.
I think Bitcoin has a big influence on the price of Cryptocurrency in the market.
No wonder the prices of Bitcoin and Altcoin are interrelated because Bitcoin is the oldest coin that appears in the Cryptocurrency market so that Bitcoin is used as a reference price for other altcoins.
This is why Altcoin prices always follow the price of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is a leader in the investment market and will always remain with them. Other coins will always be equal to its price and try to outrun it.
Activity: 72
Bitcoin is the father of all the other digital currencies and has a dominance of over 50% of the total market. it will take a long while and great projects before other alts can come close
Activity: 981
Merit: 503
Most of the investors are trying to predict the market movements based on Butcoins movement. So when Bitcoin drops a lot of investors are selling altcoins too. When Bitcoin is rising the same investors are expecting altcoins to rise and start buying.
copper member
Activity: 2156
Merit: 604
🍓 BALIK Never DM First
Bitcoin is the de facto base currency for crypto right now, a few exchanges list other pair wise combinations, but almost everything is tied against BTC, simply because it has the biggest market cap, just like the USD. If BTC shakes, so does Altcoins, I don't think I have ever seen a situation where all altcoins rise whilst BTC goes down, but vice-versa is common.
Activity: 686
Merit: 13
All altcoin follow bitcoin price because bitcoin is the base currency for the trading of any altcoin in every exchange and it has the highest market share in the whole market.

Pages:
Jump to: