Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are people so eager to pay tax? - page 12. (Read 13586 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 21, 2013, 04:01:31 PM
And this you say at a network made by the US department of defence, on a computer only made possible due to public research?

I bought the computer with money I worked for. Society paid for the academics and DARPA researchers to develop the tool. Government is the dumb beast we use to get from point A to point B. The internet is proof that human ingenuity can't be stopped by government as the internet will be its downfall. Wink

You missed what I said: I won't take money from the State. Where did I say I won't contribute?
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
April 21, 2013, 03:59:59 PM
i disagree with this... the government is not despotic, when it tries to redistribute wealth.

If you want to steal from me, have the guts to do it yourself instead of hiding behind skirts of government.

Redistribution of wealth is 100% the province of despots.  Only the idiotic would think that a gov't capable of redistributing wealth will continue to do so in their favor.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
April 21, 2013, 03:59:16 PM
inheritance of wealth does not go well with your people are born equal. you can only have one of the options.

That is a gross distortion.

Born equal has nothing to do with family, gender, health, wealth or anything other than civil rights.  In other words, there is no nobility or other political privilege or punishment by right of birth.

If anything, being born poor is now currently breaking the "born equal" promise because the state provides more for those at the expense of those whose families pay their own way.

define "Born equal" then, and don't just put a reference to civil rights.

who creates wars then?
Bankers. All wars are banker wars.
does not banks pay for wars?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
One bitcoin to rule them all!
April 21, 2013, 03:57:19 PM

you entered an agreement with the government when you where born, just as you did to your family.

You're mistaking "government" and "society". This is an error in logic that is causing an accumulation of errors in your other reasoning. One of those errors is the mistaken idea that we entered into a "contract" with a force that has no care for consent or reason.

A little Thomas Paine might set you straight:

Some writers have so confounded society with government, as to leave little or no distinction between them; whereas they are not only different, but have different origins. Society is produced by our wants, and government by our wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. The one encourages intercourse, the other creates distinctions. The first is a patron, the last a punisher.

Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil in its worst state an intolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries by a government, which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer!

this agreement allows you to take advantage of free education, and other public services, and the government to take taxes.

I'd rather die in the gutter than take one penny from the State for my food, shelter, clothing and education. I make my own way, thanks.

And this you say at a network made by the US department of defence, on a computer only made possible due to public research?
April 21, 2013, 03:56:29 PM
who creates wars then?

Bankers. All wars are banker wars.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
April 21, 2013, 03:56:15 PM
inheritance of wealth does not go well with your people are born equal. you can only have one of the options.

That is a gross distortion.

Born equal has nothing to do with family, gender, health, wealth or anything other than civil rights.  In other words, there is no nobility or other political privilege or punishment by right of birth.

If anything, being born poor is now currently breaking the "born equal" promise because the state provides more for those at the expense of those whose families pay their own way.
legendary
You are WRONG!
April 21, 2013, 03:52:53 PM
Government should be our employee, not our employer.
correct, and i would like my government to take taxes of my payments.

who creates wars then?

also the people? or is it just an evil government creation? 
April 21, 2013, 03:48:27 PM
people who pay TAXES!

That's called "society". Government should be our employee, not our employer.

If you're happy with your government, then do as you see fit. But quit casting aspersions on informed dissenters that aren't happy with our own governments and are doing as we see fit. I'd take you more seriously if your argument had nothing to do with me and had more to do with your own ideas.
legendary
You are WRONG!
April 21, 2013, 03:42:42 PM
you are wrong. public roads in Denmark are funded by the danish government.

And who funds the Danish government?
people who pay TAXES!
April 21, 2013, 03:40:14 PM

And who funds the Danish government?
legendary
You are WRONG!
April 21, 2013, 03:39:56 PM
"Wealth redistribution" is just another way of saying "confiscation". Robbery is robbery, no matter if a person or a State is doing it.
you entered an agreement with the government when you where born, just as you did to your family.
LOL. You really believe this shit??? Shocked
LOL, you really believe otherwise??? Shocked
legendary
You are WRONG!
April 21, 2013, 03:38:57 PM
roads was made of mud where i live now, if it had not been for the government. before a democratic government was created in Denmark, there was only roads and streets in the big cities.
Government may have been the tool used to facilitate the roads, but credit for the road building goes to society, not government.
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
April 21, 2013, 03:38:11 PM
"Wealth redistribution" is just another way of saying "confiscation". Robbery is robbery, no matter if a person or a State is doing it.

LOL. You really believe this shit??? Shocked
Activity: 434
In Hashrate We Trust!
April 21, 2013, 03:36:58 PM
People defending taxes dont know that most of the money is either ending up in wrong hands (corruption) or wasted on bullshit wars, bullshit interest rates and bullshit departments (Department of Homeland Security et al.)

It is a huge myth that tax money benefits schools, roads, police and hospital. Increase taxes and you will see no increase in the quality of public services, just more corruption and more spending on bullshit.
April 21, 2013, 03:36:07 PM
roads was made of mud where i live now, if it had not been for the government. before a democratic government was created in Denmark, there was only roads and streets in the big cities.

Government may have been the tool used to facilitate the roads, but credit for the road building goes to society, not government.
legendary
You are WRONG!
April 21, 2013, 03:33:24 PM
we created and maintained this road, and you are now abusing it.

"We" is you and I: society. We built the roads. Society precedes government. Government is a scam designed to make you think you need them, as with any abusive relationship.

I don't expect perfect roads from society but I do expect a little civility. Perhaps you could start by learning some.
take all the sweet stuff, and leave all the sour?

April 21, 2013, 03:28:35 PM

"We" is you and I: society. We built the roads. Society precedes government. Government is a scam designed to make you think you need them, as with any abusive relationship.

I don't expect perfect roads from society but I do expect a little civility. Perhaps you could start by learning some.
legendary
You are WRONG!
April 21, 2013, 03:24:46 PM
you are expecting street without holes.

As I don't recall saying this, I can only assume this is another flaw in your logic.
April 21, 2013, 03:22:02 PM

As I don't recall saying this, I can only assume this is another flaw in your logic.
legendary
You are WRONG!
April 21, 2013, 03:20:20 PM
you should not walk on the streets and road that we have paid for.
I pay taxes just like everyone else when I buy things like fuel and other taxed essentials.

I said I'm not taking anything from the State. Surely that makes me a good citizen since I'm not looking for a return?
Pages:
Jump to: