Pages:
Author

Topic: Why are you selling your altcoins so soon? - page 22. (Read 70104 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 10
I still regret selling some btc I had when it was under 1000 dollars, You cant really blame me though a lot of people thought bitcoin was dead at that point and this forum had really low activity back then.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
I can show you my portfolio and you will notice that more than half of all the altcoins and tokens are effectively dead. There is hardly any trade volume for these currencies and I am stuck with them. And the developers had vanished long back. Fortunately, earlier I had converted a part of these alts to either BTC or ETH. So can't say that it turned out to be a loss making exercise.

We need to realize that only 2% or 3% of the alts will sustain for the long-term. So it is better (in my opinion) to sell a part of them when the prices are high. But it depends on you. If you believe that a particular coin has very good future potential, then you can hold on to it.
Activity: 159
Merit: 1
Depending on the altcoins, there are some to accumulate and keep while there are some to sell off after some weeks. In situation where I need funds and have altcoin which I can sell, I just do a check up on all of them and sell the one I feel may not be worthwhile after some time. So a lot of factors come into play in selling altcoin
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
i think humans have dream for be quickly rich. and they buy hearing all coins when expensive. and that coins dumped they are selling. and they are losting them all money.

♦ SIMDAQ-Learn how to trade profitable! ♦
If people require money quickly then it is fine to make some profit and sell it. But for those who want to become millionaire or become rich then holding is the only option as you need to hold the best of the coins in order to make money from it.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
I am definitely not selling my altcoin at these cheap prices. As a matter of fact I try to accumulate as much as possible so I can profit big time from the next bull run. I love to buy when there is blood on the streets. Let's take Stratis for example: It had a ATH of over $20 and now is selling at around $1 and it was even $0.50. Huge gains can be made.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Timing determinant is essential to understand the token price velocity in the crypto markets. If there is no interest in the project and the token price goes down I invest in at this time. Buying low can accelerate the profit when traders sell the token for a cheap price.
That's also the same way to lose your investment, buying when the downtrend is still ongoing can be a tough decision to take, there's no certainty if the price will stop moving down after buying it or it will drop more and leave you in a negative position, always anticipate and be prepared, have a good sets of plan before taking any actions, remember that volatility is always present to this industry, without any knowledge you will keep losing your investment.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Timing determinant is essential to understand the token price velocity in the crypto markets. If there is no interest in the project and the token price goes down I invest in at this time. Buying low can accelerate the profit when traders sell the token for a cheap price.
Activity: 612
Merit: 250
Sometimes it’s just profitable to diversify your investments. I do not see the reasons to keep coins that will not bring profit in the near future. Anyway, if you believe in the project, re-purchased will be possible anytime.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it’s way to early to be selling your altcoins. It’s like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

Holding all the altcoins you have to determine when the right time to sell these coins is indeed the right thing to do. But, sometimes someone will get a problem that requires them to sell the coin. Like when they really need money for something very important or as you say when they see that reinvesting it into BTC will give them greater profits. So, I think everyone has a strategy and the reasons for each.
Activity: 476
Student Coin
Most of the time i sell my altcoins because i already know that the price of it was going to down but sometimes i regret because i waste the chance to get the profit because i sell my altcoins as early,so if you are going to sell or buy make sure the things at all.
Activity: 686
Merit: 262
Everyone have their own risk appetite and profit targets. You can't really advise people for when to sell or buy. Some are short term traders and they are happy with even 5% profit. Some chase 100%. Some sell in stop loss. Every trader has his own way. Most are just panic sellers. But I agree by you that if you don't know how to trade, it's better to go long term and dont panic sell.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
Because the alt I'm holding is on it's crest, I had a hefty of profit and I want to cashout it before it crashes and invest in some other promising coin that is going through it's trough. Or even redeem some of my profit to cash to get a brand new gadget.
Blind holding won't yield anything, If you want to get profit from crypto, be an active trader.
Activity: 483
terra-credit.com
Some people  selling their altcoins so soon because of the current market situation.
Also some people selling it very soon to dump .
for the current situation I am not worthy to sell it, because some assets I think are still in a low state.
but to get rid of the assets they have because of the dump, I think that is a form of panic about what is happening on the market.
Activity: 569
i will sell tokens quickly, 2017. i got a good return. Now i have changed my strategy. i will not sell tokens during the bear market. if Bitcoin returns to 20K, i will start to act.

The most important thing is that we can ensure that the team always works, many scam projects are initially successful and convincing, when there are a lot of negative issues the team cannot answer so it is proven to be a scam.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
The main reasons are certainly no longer convinced by their project or development, and also the significant price decline has made a decline in investor confidence that the teams should be able to maintain. I've made a number of mistakes in investing altcoins a few times and it's better to sell them to replace them with others that are still many and potentially
kSL
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Cryptotalk.org - get paid for every post!
Not sell then btc go to 20000, and cry after, why I not all sell)) on next bull market want to sell 50% altcoins
Activity: 417
Merit: 1
100 percent agreed. Hodl, hodl, hodl until the coins you have been holding increase in price to the level that cross your purchasing point. People cannot control their emotion and do worry when their coins decrease in price. One should understand the thing that the crypto market is volatile and it is natural phenomena for cryptocurrency to go up and down in price from time to time. So do not worry, the market is down today and will go up tomorrow. So stay calm and trade smartly.
Activity: 602
Merit: 12
i sold all my alt because simply reason , there is no progress on price
im not invest on alt because their project , i just wanna get profit
Activity: 819
Merit: 251
It is not healthy to sell tokens at this early and the value pf market at this moment is in not condition. We should just keep holding to our coins until the right time come when the market actually recover. Selling is not option at this moment so try to just hodl.
Activity: 481
Merit: 11
i will sell tokens quickly, 2017. i got a good return. Now i have changed my strategy. i will not sell tokens during the bear market. if Bitcoin returns to 20K, i will start to act.
it definitely takes a long time. at least 2-3 years to reach it. this is only my prediction, because I only see small movements in this age, very pessimistic if it will reach $ 20k. but I am optimistic about the growth that will occur, and I wait for that.
Pages:
Jump to: