Pages:
Author

Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin? - page 11. (Read 5903 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

Women have different passion than men. Most of women nowadays love to roam around with their friends , some of them are also busy with their social media accounts and would love to follow the trend. There are different things that catches their attention more than bitcoin. Instead of surfing the internet, they would love to do girly things unlike guys who spends most of their time with their computers.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
Womans in general just not interested in work because they can easily make their appearance good and find rich man who will make easy life for her.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
There might be more percentage of men who are into Bitcoin but trust me, there are also women who are into Bitcoin. They are just discreet because they probably don’t want everyone to know their gender matters when it comes to dealing with any digital/computer/technologically related things such as digital coins or trading cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
I think most women are less enterprising and unwilling to take risks especially when it comes to high risk ventures, Bitcoins' market is so Volatile and unpredictable that anything can happen anytime, such uncertainty i think is a turn off for most women.
Activity: 266
Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
maybe most women are busy taking care of household affairs so very few women in the crypto world ..
so not a woman cannot afford to be in the world of crypto but women are busy taking care of housekeeping ..
Activity: 112
I think men have more patient than to women and some reason is that they don't want this kind of way to earn money, because it takes time, though i know women who trade and use bitcoin but the number is quiet not that high. Men are more risk taker than women.

In bitcoin crypto world we can't proved if there's more men than a women because we cannot see there gender or personality. Rather than that, women are easy catcher than men especially in handling business.
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
Woman are in Bitcoin, we have about 20% of our clients are women. It needs to rise, but it isn't the exclusive man's club some make it out to be. Women tend to be a little more reserved about talking about it though.
Activity: 123
Women always so much concern about risky. they are wanna be safe but if u don't know about bitcoin so u will gone to duck to bitcoin. I think for that they didn't wanted to came. we should train them then hopefully we aspect from them.
Activity: 406
Merit: 2
perhaps because women prefer to use technology as a means of entertainment, which relies more on emotions, while men are more likely to use logic so men tend to be interested in using technology to gain profit by joining them btc
Activity: 420
Women are a little cautious and careful when it comes to risk taking. Bitcoin is a high risk affair and most women would rather avoid such. men on the other hand are willing risk takers and adventurous when it comes to investing
Activity: 168
Bitcoin talk doesn't limit any genders to participate. We were not able to detect if the users here were women or men. We don't consider gender as long as bitcoin helps a lot of people and community.
Activity: 154
I do not think there are more men than women in bitcoin, i know more women who joined and currently using bitcoin than men, but that is just me. Actually, that is not an issue. But i think, if it is true that there are more men in bitcoin, maybe because men are committed to make more money since they are the head of the family while women are focused on the household chores and things like that.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102

I think bitcoin is about computers. The number of men working on it will be far greater than that of women.
Men are more inquisitive, so that's why I'm so comfortable with being targeted.
Thank you for your comments. Men are more curious and they engage in technology, more financial than women. Women they trust in cash and better management than men. Cryptocurrency is a new field, maybe in the next few years women will be more active in this area.
Activity: 17
i believe part of the reason could be that men tend to be more aggressive and women tend to be suppressed. there is also the notion that tech in general is a man's field and also safe spaces for women in the blockchain world have not been created. also there needs to be more role models so that other women can aspire to be like them.

I agree with you, maybe in this are male has more advantage than female. However this doesn't mean that women ca't involve in bitcoin. As long as you know the information carefully, you will know how to invest in bitcoin to make a profit.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
I think the main reason is because women do not like anything new about finance, I'm sure most women prefer and believe in cash or credit card because it has a physical form while bitcoin is only internet dependent and has no physical form.
Activity: 280

Well, I am a proud woman of bitcoin. I've been with bitcoin for months now and I'm grateful to be a part of it. I think women nowadays focus in different fields where they would also excel. Women have different passions and some of them might haven't heard of bitcoin yet since they are doing different things.

Girl power! Crypto is my hobby as well and I am happy to be the part of bitcointalk community. So far I haven't experienced being treated differently for being a girl and I would like to keep it this way Grin
Activity: 373
I'll love to see more women embrace Bitcoin. I'm one of the few women that started early
Yes I agree, i'm also one of the women who embrace bitcoin.

I think the reason why there are few woman engaged in this kind of work beacuse most of the women are not fun in online jobs. They want to work in a company with a chair and a table than facing the computer all the time.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
No, wrong, there are women in this industry and not just guys. They are also interested in this, only that mostly are males since we want to be financially stable or probably a father who is looking for ways to earn more.

Besides, who cares about it if you are a male or female, what is important is you are interested in bitcoin and the rest, leave it all in real life.

Not exactly agree. Women dont want to be financially stable? Not really.
Women are just into another type of thing like culinary, make up, etc. Technology since centuries ago was occupied by men mostly, nothing weird about that. The way you say it is discriminating women in general, I am a man btw
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Because girls are less interested in Bitcoin's technology, and girls' favorite investment should be stable, the bitcoin market is unstable and the investment risk is relatively high. Therefore, girls are generally not interested.

No, wrong, there are women in this industry and not just guys. They are also interested in this, only that mostly are males since we want to be financially stable or probably a father who is looking for ways to earn more.

Besides, who cares about it if you are a male or female, what is important is you are interested in bitcoin and the rest, leave it all in real life.
Activity: 6
Because girls are less interested in Bitcoin's technology, and girls' favorite investment should be stable, the bitcoin market is unstable and the investment risk is relatively high. Therefore, girls are generally not interested.
Pages:
Jump to: