Pages:
Author

Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin? - page 8. (Read 5903 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 101
I think the reason there aren't more women in bitcoin is because of the sexism that is so prevalent in the IT industry. Women used to be the more prevalent than men in the early days of computers when typing cards and feeding them to a computer was seen as "women's work". Then when real money started to be made the men took over and made it a boy's club. Nerds and programmers tend to be an antisocial lot to start with and they typically overestimate how well they are treating their female colleagues. 
Activity: 171
Merit: 0
Well i don't think if women interesting in this kind of work. because we know that only few used bitcoin as you say there are only 4% of bitcoin users in the world that female. i think because it is in online and they think it scam or just bored and we know that men was more got interesting in one thing if we have gain in it and we know that women was do shopping in one things before it they got interested and Maybe men's are more aggressive when it comes money also men's are open minded and easy to learned, some women are doubtful the risky in investment they scared at.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
Riding Whales to the Moon!
I think the answer would be close to the answer why there aren't a lot of women playing games (except for them mind games). I think its the Tech behind it
Activity: 140
Merit: 13
Men are more technologically incline and ready to bear some risk even uncalculated, women don't like taking risk Also the dear of internet scam has really make some women to keep off bitcoin
Activity: 224
investing in the crypto currency, since any investment of money assumes a risk, and men are inherently more aggressive with respect to risk than women, a woman before investing approaches to this issue more carefully, but also a huge role in her choice influences her environment
U20
Activity: 546
Merit: 103
CAT.EX Exchange
I think women are more cautious and assured. For example, property is a more guaranteed investment for women. Also,   I'm sure there are more women at bitcoin market.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 870
Always hear these words: Why aren't women in......
Let's explain, you may know these hormones: Testosterone and Oxytocin. Men have higher testosterone and that's why we build muscle easily + are more anxious, strong, confident and etc. When it's high in body and we don't spend it in some activities, it affect our brain in a great way. Women have higher level of Oxytocine - a hormone of love. That's why they are more emotional and it's easy to manipulate them by telling lies and etc.
That's why men are more interested in many things and women prefer to have a quiet life with their loved ones.
Activity: 196
Not a little because I and many of my acquaintances are sitting on the stock exchange and not only so much, but also taking part in bounty companies as well as everyone else.
Activity: 364
Merit: 21
A women is a rarity in the cryptocurrency world. But not just in the crypto field. They are less involved with the IT stuffs. Less female developer, webmasters. Even fewer women in business. I think women do housework and children. Women who invest take a more cautious approach. Cryptocurrency it's too risky.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
Reading through this thread and all I see are uneducated and uninformed opinions of why there aren't more women in bitcoin. There are no facts to back up any of the claims here and no numbers to say there aren't a lot of women in bitcoin. Just like we are all here none of us have to state our genders and therefore we do not know how many men and women are in bitcoin. Isn't anonymity one of the purpose of the creation of bitcoin?
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Most women are risk averse while some take time befire investing, another reasons is that they want quick money not interested in long term investment and also cryptocurrency of a thing is a bit complex for them to understand in time couple with domestic core of the home.
Activity: 72
Merit: 1
This is not a problem in bitcoin field this ia a problem in all business field. Womes are theortical but not practical remember in your school or university most of times a girl get high marks but now they work for someone. But boys they are like to get risks thats why even cryptocurrency field are full with boys
Activity: 98
Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
Yes, there are very few women around me doing bitcoin. I think bitcoin is a technology thing, and women are not interested in it, so they don't choose to participate in bitcoin. Bitcoins are risky, and women don't like to take risks.
Activity: 336
Harmony for One and All
i don't think woman will intresting with it
and many of men in bitcoin because man are more using it logic to doing something, and woman that you know use their feeling when do anything
some internet,investment,trading also some a logic stuff, so i think is normal when there is a few woman intristing in it
Activity: 586
Merit: 250
The main problem is trust and simple, we all know that women do not like complicated things, if they see 34 digits bitcoin address or 42 digits ethereum address of course they will not be interested and choose credit card for online shopping.
Activity: 99
Merit: 36
Women have less knowledge and interest in computers and tech stuff. And to be honest, the average women just wants to spend mens money and be on parties and stuff like that. Women that are investors or involved in some business are too rare these days, they mostly want to depend on the man. I also doubt that many women even heard about Bitcoin.

I totally disagree with you and also you cannot generalize.It is really unbelievable that a man has to write this kind of incommentable stuff about the woman.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
Because in the technology world there aren't too many women involved. It's most common that men are involved in the technology

Because men are more likely focused into technology rather than having a groupie or selfie. You could hardly see women who are into technology especially if it is technical and complicated one.
Activity: 280
Because in the technology world there aren't too many women involved. It's most common that men are involved in the technology
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

Maybe it is because when we invest our money in bitcoin,it seems we are in gambling,by merely monitoring the instability price of btc daily,it is felt a heartbreaking activity and this instinct is the reason why this was avoided by most of the women.
Activity: 154
At my opinion girls just not interested in crypto and other sutff associated with PC , IT , etc. They used to spend their husbends money and it's okay. Grin
Pages:
Jump to: