Pages:
Author

Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin? - page 17. (Read 5903 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Blockchain with solar energy
February 18, 2018, 11:40:23 AM
Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

I know of some women that are in btc. My wife and some in her group. Maybe its just that women trade with emotions and that is not good. And maybe women cannot take the stress that comes with unpredictability of btc market. The women i know that are trading are stronger than most men and have good judgement
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
February 18, 2018, 11:40:05 AM
Women traders decent amount, they also know how to wait and accept blows of fate, if bitcoin falls in price
Activity: 756
February 18, 2018, 11:38:30 AM
I think men's duty is to make a living, so it's natural that more men are in the field of cryptocurrencies, and also women may not be too fond of things related to computerization, and because IT field is usually dominated by men
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
February 18, 2018, 11:34:12 AM
There are few women in IT, and hence even fewer when in crypto. This is probably due to differences in ambition, interest and educational choices for men and women.

Logical, methodological and structural jobs tend to be held by men, whereas social, supportive and interactive jobs tend to be held by women. This is due to differences in the inherent skills of different genders.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
February 18, 2018, 11:31:26 AM
Maybe women more concern of taking care of her children and leave the crypto to men.Majority of women not really into IT so there interest in crypto is not that big.
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
February 18, 2018, 11:30:34 AM
Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
Twice more men have or have bitcoins and nearly three times more likely women buy bitcoin in the next five years. Men also have a more positive view of bitcoin
Activity: 966
Merit: 11
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
February 18, 2018, 11:29:51 AM
There are no too many women in bitcoin because they are not know much about bitcoin. If they know about bitcoin, they obviously join this forum. And I am sure that one day the large number of women participate in this forum.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
February 18, 2018, 11:20:32 AM
I think many women get put off by the shadier side of Bitcoin and the fact that many of the men involved are not the kindest or politest of people. If I were not a firm believer in the tech and how it can really impact our lives, I would have left this field ages ago with some of the stuff that has happened to me, the bullying, the threats and the thefts on top of really nasty and arrogant behavior by many of the men folk, but I believe that if more women come ointo Crypto it will balance things out more and maybe some of the men will become less arrogant and nasty in the future.  Grin Cheesy.  have also met some great and awesome men in this field, so it's not all bad lol.  Cheesy
Activity: 518
February 18, 2018, 11:11:32 AM

Crypto currency is not so widespread that women could use it. Women will rather use bank cards than to look for where to exchange bitcoin for everyday purchases in their country.
Activity: 190
Merit: 11
February 18, 2018, 10:51:05 AM
i don't think that girls are into this kind of matter. Some girls i know are not into this because they say that it's too complicated to  work here. But i try to convince them but most of them are really not into it even they know that they will earn more money than working on there work. But in deep thinking why they are not into this maybe this is not there forte or passion maybe they like more physical activities than working in front of the computer.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
February 18, 2018, 10:50:43 AM
Most women are reluctant to accept bitcoin's impact on their lives. Understanding bitcoin takes a lot of time and requires hard work and skill.
Activity: 196
February 18, 2018, 10:48:23 AM
On our planet, women are more numerous in number than men, now the woman works in the same jobs as men, takes precedence in organizations. So I want to say that I think the wrong rating was calculated and the female sex is also enough in crypto
Activity: 207
Merit: 2
February 18, 2018, 10:31:11 AM
in my opinion no, because dikomunitas place where I live today have many young women, and also who have a family to follow this bitcoin, or more clearly, come to work dibitcoin this. with the development of technological era like today, we should always keep up with the times. as long as positive and good for the future you want men or women learn, work and move for a more beautiful life.
Activity: 182
February 18, 2018, 10:20:22 AM
Women do not like venture capital, they like stability, sure.
The cryptocurrency market is volatile and there are always certain risks.
Bitcoin is made up of technology, which seems to be the field of technology that often does not draw the attention of women.
Activity: 70
February 18, 2018, 10:01:55 AM
Woman more likely to think different than male, so would like to do something that look real than the real result itself. In my opinion. But of course, there are still women in this forum, but we dont know who.
Activity: 67
February 18, 2018, 09:54:31 AM
Women are always asking to their partners for money thats why men need money more than women do Smiley joke aside, around me, I have been seeing lots of people who are into that crypto world.
Activity: 266
February 18, 2018, 09:43:02 AM
Women just do right now with other things, they are not interested in this "nudyatin." Waiting to sit when the course rises, buy, invest, invest. It is better for them to get engaged in creative professions, for example, the popularity of the eyebrow rises in the women's activity
Activity: 16
February 18, 2018, 09:14:19 AM

I think men will be better at technical products than women. Men are more challenging and innovative. They are willing to devote more time and energy to it.
Activity: 223
February 18, 2018, 09:11:02 AM
Men are more in bitcoin because we, women are more in hard working just like household chores, dont have patience to sit for a long time, and we do multitasking, while men are they only focus one task.
Activity: 94
February 18, 2018, 08:54:31 AM
 Smiley Just like in other fields where there are more men than women, it's a matter of preferences. Most women are born, raised and grew to like the usual stuffs. This time, Bitcoin is like the "making the money" field so most men will likely take interest in it. In my own approximate, the ratio would be 5.4:4.6 (yes more men)
I'm not looking at the person's gender when it comes to this kind of job/hobby. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: