Pages:
Author

Topic: Why bitcoin mixers are only for criminals - page 2. (Read 693 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 28
We are all satoshi. Cool

When you have used bitcoin or the blockchain (which ever one that maybe) for that matter,
you have used satoshi's technology therefor you are satoshi in a way.
This was their insight on creating the blockchain, in the first place:
So to free those from their current financial system.

You are not Satoshi Nakamoto. You are also not Steve Jobs just because you're using an apple product. Your into some kind of cult?
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
We are all satoshi. Cool
What do you mean? Even if we use what Satoshi ever created, it doesn't mean we deserve to call as Satoshi. Also, remember that what we are doing now isn't the same as what Satoshi ever did in the last. There are many differences between us and Satoshi, so it is better to not saying "we are all satoshi". I think it is not a proper word to say.  Wink

Satoshi tried to create an alternative that avoids the third parties in transactions. So, we can transfer currency without an expensive fee and easy to do since no need for others. But I guess Satoshi never stated to quit the current financial system. I still didn't see the statement of Satoshi that called people to quit or free from the current financial system. CMIIW
Activity: 2506
Merit: 328
I'm not agreeing on any point which people posted here, so I'm still believing in my own opinion . Bitcoin mixers are only for criminals. The same with privacy coins.
Hey dude, you still saying this craps, haven't you seen the business title chipmixer displays on their signature page" Mixing reinvented for your privacy" NOT Mixing reinvented for your criminal act" your common sense should correct you than some sort of endless argument of yours.

Beside privacy is privacy, hiding because of criminal behavior is privacy, unwanting to undergo transparency is privacy, understand this.
Assumptions like this or simply impressions are really common because there are people who are really that too investigative that kind of behavior when it came to things and once they do find out

some hole then they do really make it out as an issue without even thinking first on how relevant this service platforms existence into this market.We cant deny though the probability of being

used towards criminal acts but doesnt really mean that it would really be treated as a whole bad thing when it did commit one of its possible characteristics when it comes to privacy matters.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
I'm not agreeing on any point which people posted here, so I'm still believing in my own opinion . Bitcoin mixers are only for criminals. The same with privacy coins.
Hey dude, you still saying this craps, haven't you seen the business title chipmixer displays on their signature page" Mixing reinvented for your privacy" NOT Mixing reinvented for your criminal act" your common sense should correct you than some sort of endless argument of yours.

Beside privacy is privacy, hiding because of criminal behavior is privacy, unwanting to undergo transparency is privacy, understand this.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
Yes I believe that CSW is satoshi

Then you're supporting a criminal.

The reason you all don't accept it is simply because it destroys your fake reality

Says the person who keeps repeating "BTC is not Bitcoin".   Roll Eyes

You're the one in denial because you've drunk the faketoshi kool-aid and can no longer see the facts as they are.  BTC is Bitcoin and CSW is a lying, manipulative con-man.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
Its a peer-to-peer digital cash system.
...that you can use in a peer-to-peer manner as well, without having to interact with a third-party. Craigslist exists and that's a proof face-to-face txs aren't "a mistake". The difference is, after you meet someone f2f and they hand you a $100 bill, you cannot check its entire history from the moment it's been printed. This is where mixers come in as handy.

What is your position about cash? Do you like it, or would you rather be a bank's slave and declare where your money comes from, where it goes and what kind of toilet paper you like?

Then proof the exchange that the coins your owning are not from criminal origin and your good to go.
Why accuse me of crimes when I ain't a criminal? Why should I prove something you suppose is coming from an illicit source? Why do you even care as a company about my finance?

And then, there are companies abusing KYC to steal. Freewallet does that. And Bittrex. And many more. Smiley
Activity: 171
Merit: 3
We are all satoshi. Cool

When you have used bitcoin or the blockchain (which ever one that maybe) for that matter,
you have used satoshi's technology therefor you are satoshi in a way.
This was their insight on creating the blockchain, in the first place:
Bitcoin mixers and coin mixers in general are only designed for criminals and are only used for criminals.

It's very sad that this forum allows ads from coin mixers. People representing them in their signatures are also supporting criminals.
-snip-

It's very sad that you did not understand the actual purpose of Bitcoin mixers. Real criminals do not need mixers which, by the way, are not that anonymous as you think. Their outcome can often be calculated if you invest some time and energy. They rather use privacy coins.

I think they actually understand pretty well and are simply making dishonest arguments to stir the pot.  It helps if you try to view the intent behind this topic through the eyes of someone who is trying to spread faketoshi CSW propaganda.  It's the only way this thread makes sense.  The OP is just a BSV fanboy who believes regulation at protocol level is the way forward.  Obviously they're not going to find much success with that ideology around here.  Pay them no mind.

I'm also not an BSV fanboy. Yes I believe that CSW is satoshi and I also know that many things that he says are right but that's it. I have no relationship with BSV nor I had.

The reason you all don't accept it is simply because it destroys your fake reality that satoshi is some underground anarchistic hacker dodging bullets like neo in the matrix.
And as we know, people do everything to defend their reality Wink

People still think when googling "hacker" that satoshi looks like that.
That's not an counterargument at all. Its so bad that I won't even go into it. Rethink Wink

Buying crypto with fiat in person is a very bad idea in any aspect. So that's your fault. And why should they stalk you, sit all day in front of the computer and watch your transaction on block explorers without any clues where your sending your money to and for what reason. The most unrealistic scenario I've ever heard off. 

Privacy is not a criminal tool. As already someone stated here its dangerous to see it that people are using and abuse it for making crime or even judging their crimes.
I don't have what to rethink because I already know BTC is used way less often in crimes than fiat is. With mixers, even less. Prove me wrong Smiley

Buying crypto with fiat in person is the way Bitcoin was created to be. Peer-to-peer. In real life or virtually with multisig and smart contracts, crypto makes this possible. And that is not my fault since this can happen with exchanges as well. Once you create an account on an exchange and deposit some BTC, expect them to spy on you.

Blockchain analysis companies have developed API tools that work automatically. You don't even need a human operator to spy on all your customers. We're in the era of technology and AI - it works out of the box with no human needed. Unrealistic? Say that to all those dust attacks and all those people who've got their accounts banned on exchanges for their history (or even future) transactions. Some exchanges literally look into your deep wallet history. They can, and they care.

Its a peer-to-peer digital cash system. In terms of network and technical design. Not in terms of meeting in person to sell or trade it.

Then proof the exchange that the coins your owning are not from criminal origin and your good to go.
In my opinion, the thinking is very shallow if there are people who think Bitcoin mixers are only for criminals. In fact, criminals are more comfortable
using privacy coins than having to use Bitcoin mixers. After all, the original purpose of Bitcoin mixers was created to protect the privacy of its users
and not be used to commit crimes. I believe the opening post said that Bitcoin mixers are only for criminals based on his estimation alone, and did not
do the research properly.

Most of financial transaction in the darknet are still done over bitcoin (for whatever reason). Privacy coins are coming up but there's still a huge demand for mixers.
Bitcoin mixers and coin mixers in general are only designed for criminals and are only used for criminals.
How do you know this? Any proofs, bro?
Bitcoin or coin mixers are basically created not for criminals, it is intended for people who need more privacy. If there are some criminals who use this service, it doesn't mean this service is created for them but it is one of the weaknesses or negative sides of this service. Then, maybe this mixer service needs more improvement.

Why should you hide your coins as an early miner when your going to sell huge amounts on a regulated exchange? The exchange doesn't care if its early mined or freshly. There's also no risk to face when doing so.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Criminals has privacy coins if they want to get real anonymity. Or cash. Bitcoin is not the best even after mixers
We are already on digital age or era which means that anything that do implies nor involved with anonymity will surely be considered to be one of the best ways on making out these illegal transaction.
Those words you have said was indeed true somehow but there are other coins which is more anonymous that Bitcoin itself which is im talking with Monero etc.
It is just a wrong perception to have this to be implied on mixers because they arent really created solely for criminals but rather on pure anonymity itself.
They are just taking advantage with that one.
We're in the digital age, and more of that we're always part of a nation. This means we'll be under a government, and here we need the privacy. For that purpose we're using bitcoin mixers so that our identity won't get revealed. Then doesn't it mean that you're doing some form of laundering activities or trying to get out of taxation. Mixers aren't used for criminal activities, these day we've got Bitcoin usage high as investment than criminal activities and to stay hidden from the government people prefer it.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
Criminals has privacy coins if they want to get real anonymity. Or cash. Bitcoin is not the best even after mixers
We are already on digital age or era which means that anything that do implies nor involved with anonymity will surely be considered to be one of the best ways on making out these illegal transaction.
Those words you have said was indeed true somehow but there are other coins which is more anonymous that Bitcoin itself which is im talking with Monero etc.
It is just a wrong perception to have this to be implied on mixers because they arent really created solely for criminals but rather on pure anonymity itself.
They are just taking advantage with that one.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
In my opinion, the thinking is very shallow if there are people who think Bitcoin mixers are only for criminals. In fact, criminals are more comfortable
using privacy coins than having to use Bitcoin mixers. After all, the original purpose of Bitcoin mixers was created to protect the privacy of its users
and not be used to commit crimes. I believe the opening post said that Bitcoin mixers are only for criminals based on his estimation alone, and did not
do the research properly.
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
If Bitcoin mixers are designed for criminals, privacy coins are designed for criminals only too. Why do ordinary people need privacy if they have nothing to hide?
That is a really flawed argument, privacy is a right and just because you don't have anything to hide then you don't need privacy. If I were to use that logic, that also means that people doesn't need clothes because they don't have anything to hide because clothes is some sort of privacy. Privacy coins were designed to be used by people that are living on surveillance states.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
That's not an counterargument at all. Its so bad that I won't even go into it. Rethink Wink

Buying crypto with fiat in person is a very bad idea in any aspect. So that's your fault. And why should they stalk you, sit all day in front of the computer and watch your transaction on block explorers without any clues where your sending your money to and for what reason. The most unrealistic scenario I've ever heard off. 

Privacy is not a criminal tool. As already someone stated here its dangerous to see it that people are using and abuse it for making crime or even judging their crimes.
I don't have what to rethink because I already know BTC is used way less often in crimes than fiat is. With mixers, even less. Prove me wrong Smiley

Buying crypto with fiat in person is the way Bitcoin was created to be. Peer-to-peer. In real life or virtually with multisig and smart contracts, crypto makes this possible. And that is not my fault since this can happen with exchanges as well. Once you create an account on an exchange and deposit some BTC, expect them to spy on you.

Blockchain analysis companies have developed API tools that work automatically. You don't even need a human operator to spy on all your customers. We're in the era of technology and AI - it works out of the box with no human needed. Unrealistic? Say that to all those dust attacks and all those people who've got their accounts banned on exchanges for their history (or even future) transactions. Some exchanges literally look into your deep wallet history. They can, and they care.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
If Bitcoin mixers are designed for criminals, privacy coins are designed for criminals only too. Why do ordinary people need privacy if they have nothing to hide?
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged

It's very sad that this forum allows ads from coin mixers. People representing them in their signatures are also supporting criminals.
-snip-

It's very sad that you did not understand the actual purpose of Bitcoin mixers. Real criminals do not need mixers which, by the way, are not that anonymous as you think. Their outcome can often be calculated if you invest some time and energy. They rather use privacy coins.

I think they actually understand pretty well and are simply making dishonest arguments to stir the pot.  It helps if you try to view the intent behind this topic through the eyes of someone who is trying to spread faketoshi CSW propaganda.  It's the only way this thread makes sense.  The OP is just a BSV fanboy who believes regulation at protocol level is the way forward.  Obviously they're not going to find much success with that ideology around here.  Pay them no mind.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
I've used mixers multiple times and I can assure you  I am neither a criminal nor involved in any kind of illegal activity.
I use mixers because I buy and sell bitcoin regularly and don't want my clients to be linked to each other and because I respect their right to privacy.

Even if we admit you are right and, somehow, we find a way to shut down all mixers, criminals will still have better alternatives to hide their traces such as using coinjoin, privacy coins...

Criminals will always be here and will always find a way how to launder their money. So even without mixers, they will have other options out there. But too bad, mixers are getting this bad notion in their business. People thought that you are using mixer because of some illegal things going on. This perspective is hard to eliminate though. Like for example, you are using mixer for the sake of your clients. There are still good things why mixers are needed in this industry. However, people are very judgmental human beings.
Pages:
Jump to: