Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 107. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
It's Me bikihabana
December 18, 2016, 01:17:55 PM

Why do you think God is limited to earth? Everything in the universe is one universe. It all acts together. There may be other gods. But there is only One God Almighty, Creator and Maker of all things.

Humans, and humans alone are the Creators and Makers of ALL things (thought of and formed and molded by us) here on Earth - the habitat we have fashioned ourselves over millennia.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 18, 2016, 12:34:14 PM
I was thinking a part of my life of hating religion and people who believe.

But now I'm getting older. 28 in 3 days and I understand much better what is religion and with what can help people.

Even me as a convinced atheist I was thinking in some difficult moment in my life at GOD. Not a specific god but still this is intersting.

Yes. The God of the universe has left evidence of Himself in all our hearts. I wish He would tell us more in our hearts, but he might have, and the evil that has been passed down through the ages has corrupted it. That's why we have the bible.

Interesting handle - kongosplit. When was the Congo split? Hasn't it become at least two different nations that are still referred to as Congo? Are you from there?

Cool

Yes. The Gods of the universe has left evidences of themselves in all our hearts depending on that of what religion you are and what god left his trace. I wish (insert god that suites your religion here) would tell us more in our hearts, but he might have, and the evil that has been passed down through the ages has corrupted it. That's why we have the (insert your religions holy book here/scrypt).

There, I've fixed that.

Religion is just a simple geography and tradition, nothing else.

You fixed it, but you messed up. Some of the religious topics in this forum suggest that The Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter, might be the correct God-teaching. Maybe you yourself have suggested these and others. But we know that these are simply novels... fables.

The point is, time to investigate the serious books, with your head screwed on, to find the One that is the truth. After all, because of the complexity of the universe, even if there were many participants in the building of it, they would have to be acting as ONE, to be able to make it so well. One God.

Cool

So what makes any other holy book different from LOTR or HP? THe fact that those books were written way before or something else? Do you also think that someone couldn't write a book like any other holy book and market it like the new holy book, what would then make any other book more legit than that new one? 

No, that would be the case if all particles formed earth, but as we know there are a lot more planets out there and a lot more particles roaming in the great space. What god? There are many.

Do you really think that LOTR or HP were written as fact? Why do I even continue?

If you look at the content, history of the making, the nation of Israel and its history, the records and prophecies, the life sense, that are in the Bible, you will see that it has great strength. The Koran has strength like this, but nowhere near the Bible. Other religious books may be similar.

Why do you think God is limited to earth? Everything in the universe is one universe. It all acts together. There may be other gods. But there is only One God Almighty, Creator and Maker of all things.

Cool
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
December 18, 2016, 12:11:32 PM

But now I'm getting older. 28 in 3 days and I understand much better what is religion and with what can help people.

Even me as a convinced atheist I was thinking in some difficult moment in my life at GOD. Not a specific god but still this is intersting.

Yes. The God of the universe has left evidence of Himself in all our hearts. I wish He would tell us more in our hearts, but he might have, and the evil that has been passed down through the ages has corrupted it. That's why we have the bible.

Interesting handle - kongosplit. When was the Congo split? Hasn't it become at least two different nations that are still referred to as Congo? Are you from there?

Cool

Yes. The Gods of the universe has left evidences of themselves in all our hearts depending on that of what religion you are and what god left his trace. I wish (insert god that suites your religion here) would tell us more in our hearts, but he might have, and the evil that has been passed down through the ages has corrupted it. That's why we have the (insert your religions holy book here/scrypt).

There, I've fixed that.

You fixed it, but you messed up. Some of the religious topics in this forum suggest that The Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter, might be the correct God-teaching. Maybe you yourself have suggested these and others. But we know that these are simply novels... fables.

The point is, time to investigate the serious books, with your head screwed on, to find the One that is the truth. After all, because of the complexity of the universe, even if there were many participants in the building of it, they would have to be acting as ONE, to be able to make it so well. One God.

Cool

So what makes any other holy book different from LOTR or HP? THe fact that those books were written way before or something else? Do you also think that someone couldn't write a book like any other holy book and market it like the new holy book, what would then make any other book more legit than that new one? 

No, that would be the case if all particles formed earth, but as we know there are a lot more planets out there and a lot more particles roaming in the great space. What god? There are many.
legendary
December 18, 2016, 11:35:05 AM

Cool

There, I've fixed that.

Cool
December 18, 2016, 11:09:22 AM

Cool

There, I've fixed that.

legendary
December 18, 2016, 09:04:36 AM

Cool
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 18, 2016, 08:54:23 AM

legendary
December 18, 2016, 08:45:03 AM
Religion is a kind of spirit by category, spirit control thinking and understanding, the spirit is the invisible things, the more so the more mysterious, since there will be a mysterious worship, worship there is a God, also a recognition of the existence of God, since it is an atheist, so of course not God, not in the religious range, namely: heterogeneous. All the people know to the heterogeneous is: how will this unbelievable ,past hope ,hate.

This is why atheism is a religion. The atheists are simply ignorant of the fact that they are setting themselves up as god over God in their religion, by claiming God doesn't exist, when the universe shows the evidence of His existence all over the place.

Cool
legendary
December 18, 2016, 08:43:02 AM
There wouldn't be much hate for it if it's not been/being used to suppress, oppress and discriminate. Just look at everything done in its name. And yet I see people who immediately assume atheists are moral monsters simply because they don't worship any particular deity.

So I guess we can ask a question in return, Why Do Theists hate Atheists?

Anybody might hate anybody else for something at some time or other. In general, theists hate atheism, because atheism is bringing the atheists to ruin, and the atheists don't even realize it. but theists don't hate atheists.

It's like trying to save someone who is drowning, when he has gone beyond the panic point, and doesn't even realize he IS drowning. He might fight the person who is trying to save him.

Or it is like trying to save a person who is strongly affected by hypothermia, where he is out in the below 0 weather, and sheds his clothing, because the hypothermia has affected his brain so that he thinks he feels warm in the cold. He will fight you if you try to save him, because he is crazed, and doesn't realize he needs saving.

It isn't the atheists that theists hate. It is the atheism. But the atheists think that theists hate them, because they are crazed in their atheism, and don't realize that they will die, eternally, if they are not saved.

Cool
Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
December 18, 2016, 07:20:31 AM
There wouldn't be much hate for it if it's not been/being used to suppress, oppress and discriminate. Just look at everything done in its name. And yet I see people who immediately assume atheists are moral monsters simply because they don't worship any particular deity.

So I guess we can ask a question in return, Why Do Theists hate Atheists?
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
December 17, 2016, 11:28:19 PM
Religion is a kind of spirit by category, spirit control thinking and understanding, the spirit is the invisible things, the more so the more mysterious, since there will be a mysterious worship, worship there is a God, also a recognition of the existence of God, since it is an atheist, so of course not God, not in the religious range, namely: heterogeneous. All the people know to the heterogeneous is: how will this unbelievable ,past hope ,hate.
legendary
December 17, 2016, 04:13:32 PM

Maybe they hate it because religion is the grandest scheme ever devised by the powers [that have been Grin] to make stupendous amounts of easy-as-pie-profits and at the same time keep the population at bay and much more controllable than would otherwise have been the case. The case however, as I see it, is changing rapidly. Grin

The only reason that the religion "scheme" works is because people are religious-type beings.

The case isn't changing. Only the popularity of religions is changing. Humanism is a very real religion.

Cool

Be as it may BADecker, I give my vote to Humanism and think of it no less than Theism. In fact I would like to call Humanism Theism, or for those who struggle to grasp the sheer grandness of the concept, how bout maybe naming it something like TheHumaism for instance, so peeps can more fully understand the overwhelming connection at play here.

There is a little slice of the Humanism pie that is favorable. It is the slice of selfishness that seeks your own best benefit by helping others. You know, if you do good to others, mostly they will do good to you in return.

And there is a little slice of the selfishness pie that is beneficial. It is the slice that you get by selfishly accepting Jesus salvation so that you are saved for eternal life in joy.

And there is even a little slice of this slice that is fantastically beneficial. Jesus-God, and God His Father, planned for the salvation of as many people as possible. Then, Jesus died a painful death, taking the punishment for the sins of the who world, so that all people would have the option of being saved.

Now, think about this. Since God is Almighty, what good benefit will He do for you through all eternity in Heaven, if you help to get a few people saved? I mean, He worked very hard at it. Don't you think He will reward you through all eternity if you help Him? Yes, for that He will reward you eternally in wondrous splendor.

So, go ahead and be humanistic. But get yourself into the right slice of the selfishness slice of humanism - for selfish reasons, of course - so you can be rewarded eternally, and so God can get the thing that He wants... salvation for more people.

Cool
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
December 17, 2016, 03:59:02 PM

Maybe they hate it because religion is the grandest scheme ever devised by the powers [that have been Grin] to make stupendous amounts of easy-as-pie-profits and at the same time keep the population at bay and much more controllable than would otherwise have been the case. The case however, as I see it, is changing rapidly. Grin

The only reason that the religion "scheme" works is because people are religious-type beings.

The case isn't changing. Only the popularity of religions is changing. Humanism is a very real religion.

Cool

Be as it may BADecker, I give my vote to Humanism and think of it no less than Theism. In fact I would like to call Humanism Theism, or for those who struggle to grasp the sheer grandness of the concept, how bout maybe naming it something like TheHumaism for instance, so peeps can more fully understand the overwhelming connection at play here.

legendary
December 17, 2016, 02:59:47 PM

Cool
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
December 17, 2016, 02:27:10 PM

legendary
December 17, 2016, 01:27:18 PM
Atheists hate God because they want to live in sin.

Ah yes, you're absolutely right, thread closed.

or maybe is it because we don't believe in worldwide scams and fairy tales. Why don't you believe in santa? Because your parent told you that he isn't true? Dude, cmon....

Are you ever going to be able to look beyond the end of your nose?

Cool
December 17, 2016, 12:49:11 PM

Ah yes, you're absolutely right, thread closed.

or maybe is it because we don't believe in worldwide scams and fairy tales. Why don't you believe in santa? Because your parent told you that he isn't true? Dude, cmon....
legendary
December 16, 2016, 09:06:06 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Atheists hate religion because the think there's no point or reason for following religion beliefs. If someone can get desirable thing only by worshiping then atheist live their whole life believing that it is stupid and insane. Also they hate insane culture and festival which makes them to hate religion. Isn't it?

Atheism is religion, as proven by the complete definition of religion, and the fact that atheists are forward enough in their atheism to strongly talk about it. Atheists dogmatize their atheism religion when they do this.

Cool

Not playing sport is not sport.

Might be true for sports. But it isn't if you make it a sport to not play sports.

The difference is that religion is in everyone by the nature of people. The "sports" analogy doesn't fit atheism or theism.

Cool

That is just not true.  I can see through the religious bullshit.  No matter which religion it is.

By nature, I am a scientist.  I love to learn and investigate.  That is my nature, not to believe some fairy tales.

You my friend have a perception problem.  You see God and angels everywhere.

So, science is a great part of your religion. Just because every last little nuance of the word "religion" doesn't fit you and your religion, some of it does, and makes your life a religious life. From Dictionary.com at http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.

4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.

5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

7. religions, Archaic. religious rites:
painted priests performing religions deep into the night.

8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion:
a religion to one's vow.

Idioms
9. get religion, Informal.

to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.
    to resolve to mend one's errant ways:
    The company got religion and stopped making dangerous products.

Cool
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
December 16, 2016, 08:55:53 PM
legendary
December 16, 2016, 03:57:22 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Atheists hate religion because the think there's no point or reason for following religion beliefs. If someone can get desirable thing only by worshiping then atheist live their whole life believing that it is stupid and insane. Also they hate insane culture and festival which makes them to hate religion. Isn't it?

Atheism is religion, as proven by the complete definition of religion, and the fact that atheists are forward enough in their atheism to strongly talk about it. Atheists dogmatize their atheism religion when they do this.

Cool

Not playing sport is not sport.

Might be true for sports. But it isn't if you make it a sport to not play sports.

The difference is that religion is in everyone by the nature of people. The "sports" analogy doesn't fit atheism or theism.

Cool
Jump to: