Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 109. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 10, 2016, 06:42:36 AM
I am opposed to mocked and joked about the feelings of believers. In any case, they sincerely believe in God. If you cannot convince them, it is primarily talking about the lack of arguments you have. Any dispute must be tolerant.

The knowledge of the existence of God is in the evidence of nature and the proof of science:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16803380.

The belief in God is accepting the things He tells us in the Bible, even though we may not understand how they are true.

Cool
You say that you God speaks through the Bible, but the Bible was written by man. What does God do? In addition to her many controversies which have no logical connection.

Nobody knows the science of cause and effect that makes man write what he writes. Cause and effect caused man to write the Bible. God directs cause and effect perfectly. So, God caused the people to write the things of the Bible that they wrote.

Cool

Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Peter 1:20-21, "You must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

This highlights that the authors of your Bible say it was God who wrote it through them..... So your God's words are there for you to see. Nothing written about Cause and effect. Once again you have twisted your thoughts to fit an agenda and make it appear as proof.

Please try again.

Actually, the passages that you listed show lots of cause and effect. Just because the passage words don't literally state the words "cause and effect," doesn't mean the cause and effect isn't expressed.

For example. Just because nowhere in the passages are the words "pen" or "pencil" or "ink" or "paper" or "sheep skin" literally mentioned, doesn't mean that the Scripture wasn't written down on paper or parchment.

Sounds like you are the one doing the twisting.

Cool

Are you your own God?

Why do you need to "add words" into your God's sentences? Is your God not good enough?

That is where you are doing the twisting.

I am only reading the exact words of your God. Are you?
December 10, 2016, 06:41:09 AM
@Badecker....

You have asked me twice now to show you the inconsistencies in your bible..... so here is a couple of very basic ones which I hope you are able to read without twisting the words to suit your own meaning.

Genesis 1:3-50 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:14-19 14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Exodus 20:13 “You shall not murder.”

Leviticus 24:17 “Whoever kills any man shall surely be put to death.”

There is 2 very simple ones.... should you wish for more I am sure I can find them.

Thanks. You need only one little thing. You need to express what you think the inconsistencies are.

Cool

Hmmm.... Saying "do not murder" and then saying.... "put to death". Pretty certain that is an inconsistency.

What part do you not agree with?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 09, 2016, 10:12:22 PM
I am opposed to mocked and joked about the feelings of believers. In any case, they sincerely believe in God. If you cannot convince them, it is primarily talking about the lack of arguments you have. Any dispute must be tolerant.

The knowledge of the existence of God is in the evidence of nature and the proof of science:

The belief in God is accepting the things He tells us in the Bible, even though we may not understand how they are true.

Cool
You say that you God speaks through the Bible, but the Bible was written by man. What does God do? In addition to her many controversies which have no logical connection.

Nobody knows the science of cause and effect that makes man write what he writes. Cause and effect caused man to write the Bible. God directs cause and effect perfectly. So, God caused the people to write the things of the Bible that they wrote.

Cool

Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Peter 1:20-21, "You must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

This highlights that the authors of your Bible say it was God who wrote it through them..... So your God's words are there for you to see. Nothing written about Cause and effect. Once again you have twisted your thoughts to fit an agenda and make it appear as proof.

Please try again.

Actually, the passages that you listed show lots of cause and effect. Just because the passage words don't literally state the words "cause and effect," doesn't mean the cause and effect isn't expressed.

For example. Just because nowhere in the passages are the words "pen" or "pencil" or "ink" or "paper" or "sheep skin" literally mentioned, doesn't mean that the Scripture wasn't written down on paper or parchment.

Sounds like you are the one doing the twisting.

Cool
legendary
December 09, 2016, 10:06:12 PM
@Badecker....

You have asked me twice now to show you the inconsistencies in your bible..... so here is a couple of very basic ones which I hope you are able to read without twisting the words to suit your own meaning.

Genesis 1:3-50 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:14-19 14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

There is 2 very simple ones.... should you wish for more I am sure I can find them.

Thanks. You need only one little thing. You need to express what you think the inconsistencies are.

Cool
December 09, 2016, 08:52:14 PM

Cool

Cool

Please try again.
December 09, 2016, 08:44:55 PM
@Badecker....

legendary
December 09, 2016, 04:59:15 PM

Atheism is a religious denial of religion. Being a RELIGIOUS denial, it becomes a religion, and all the more so when it is thought about and spoken about by the atheist. Atheists who think and speak about atheism are forming dogmas about it in their lives. Atheism IS DEFINITELY a religion.

In all the controversy in websites, between atheism as a religion and atheism not being a religion, those sites that show atheism is a religion, do it by showing the similarities between atheism and other religions. Those who try to explain that atheism is NOT a religion, usually get away from the point, and start condemning the idea that God exists, rather than showing how atheism is not a religion. Atheists that do this are the most religious of all atheists, because they are adding dogmas to their simple religion.

Cool

Oh I get it now!

I'm a nudist.

I'm a nudist because I don't believe in wearing clothes....so my DENIAL of wearing clothes becomes actually wearing clothes, in your analogy!

Thanks, @BADecker

I feel warmer already.

Virtually all nudists wear clothing now and again. That doesn't stop them from being nudists, just as it doesn't stop religious people from claiming to not be religious.

Cool
legendary
December 09, 2016, 04:55:15 PM
Atheism cannot be a religion. On the contrary it is the denial of all religions. Atheists don't believe in fairytales and require proof for any judgment. While there is no evidence and there is no God.

A strong argument can be made that belief in God is more rational then a belief in atheism.

See:
https://www.prageru.com/courses/religionphilosophy/god-vs-atheism-which-more-rational

For one such argument.

@CoinCube  The link you mention gives the following script:

Belief in God, according to atheists, is irrational, illogical, and dumb. Belief that the universe created itself is, they say, intelligent, rational, and based in science. This is simply false. Nothing can create itself. Everything has a cause -- including the universe. That cause, argues Peter Kreeft, professor of philosophy at Boston College, is God, the "unmoved mover." Belief in God, as Kreeft shows, is more rational than belief in nothing. Logic, science, and reason, support God. Atheism, as you'll see, is far more steeped in blind faith than is belief.

When I read the paragraph I became aware that 'God' is referenced as being the "unmoved mover". If 'God' is the "unmoved mover" then I am terribly dispappointed in Him/Her/They or most likely IT. Why? Because I am moved by movers, not un-movers. This 'God' who would supposedly be a "unmoved mover" is a clockwork type of God who only sets things in motion (brilliantly of course) and then leave it to just tick along perfectly (in its flawed state that is - when it comes to homo sapiens). I cannot have fellowship/proper relationship with this 'God' who is the "unmoved mover" How the heck did IT figure this clockwork "creation" out to bring forth ("create") homo sapiens who is ultra personal in their dealings with one another if IT itself is not capable of being 'moved'?

My GOD is the 'BEING MOVED by ALL' - the SUPREMELY MOVED ONE.

God isn't Someone Who can be easily understood. He might be moved, but He doesn't change.

Cool
legendary
December 09, 2016, 04:52:51 PM

Cool

Cool
Not God directs man to write books. Are you familiar with examples of when God inspired an illiterate man write a book? In the books people Express their thoughts. There is a book "the ABC terrorist." It is also God wrote?

God doesn't direct every book to be written by His desire. Often He is simply following the requests of the hearts of those who write the books, when He directs the way those books are written.

The Bible is the only book God directed to be written from His own heart. He allowed His faithful writers to use their own words, even though He was the One doing the directing, rather than the free will of the writers.

You are, without realizing it, examining the pain that Jesus suffered on the cross. He, as God, allowed all kinds of evil including evil writing, because that was what people were asking of Him. It hurt Him deeply, even caused His death, to uphold this mankind-corrupted universe even though He was perfectly righteous. He did it to give people the opportunity to be saved from their corruption.

Soon Jesus will return and completely destroy this universe.

Cool
Activity: 711
December 09, 2016, 04:30:33 PM
Humans create the Gods.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
December 09, 2016, 04:27:35 PM

Atheism is a religious denial of religion. Being a RELIGIOUS denial, it becomes a religion, and all the more so when it is thought about and spoken about by the atheist. Atheists who think and speak about atheism are forming dogmas about it in their lives. Atheism IS DEFINITELY a religion.

In all the controversy in websites, between atheism as a religion and atheism not being a religion, those sites that show atheism is a religion, do it by showing the similarities between atheism and other religions. Those who try to explain that atheism is NOT a religion, usually get away from the point, and start condemning the idea that God exists, rather than showing how atheism is not a religion. Atheists that do this are the most religious of all atheists, because they are adding dogmas to their simple religion.

Cool

Oh I get it now!

I'm a nudist.

I'm a nudist because I don't believe in wearing clothes....so my DENIAL of wearing clothes becomes actually wearing clothes, in your analogy!

Thanks, @BADecker

I feel warmer already.
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
December 09, 2016, 02:31:40 PM
Atheism cannot be a religion. On the contrary it is the denial of all religions. Atheists don't believe in fairytales and require proof for any judgment. While there is no evidence and there is no God.

A strong argument can be made that belief in God is more rational then a belief in atheism.

See:
https://www.prageru.com/courses/religionphilosophy/god-vs-atheism-which-more-rational

For one such argument.

@CoinCube  The link you mention gives the following script:

Belief in God, according to atheists, is irrational, illogical, and dumb. Belief that the universe created itself is, they say, intelligent, rational, and based in science. This is simply false. Nothing can create itself. Everything has a cause -- including the universe. That cause, argues Peter Kreeft, professor of philosophy at Boston College, is God, the "unmoved mover." Belief in God, as Kreeft shows, is more rational than belief in nothing. Logic, science, and reason, support God. Atheism, as you'll see, is far more steeped in blind faith than is belief.

When I read the paragraph I became aware that 'God' is referenced as being the "unmoved mover". If 'God' is the "unmoved mover" then I am terribly dispappointed in Him/Her/They or most likely IT. Why? Because I am moved by movers, not un-movers. This 'God' who would supposedly be a "unmoved mover" is a clockwork type of God who only sets things in motion (brilliantly of course) and then leave it to just tick along perfectly (in its flawed state that is - when it comes to homo sapiens). I cannot have fellowship/proper relationship with this 'God' who is the "unmoved mover" How the heck did IT figure this clockwork "creation" out to bring forth ("create") homo sapiens who is ultra personal in their dealings with one another if IT itself is not capable of being 'moved'?

My GOD is the 'BEING MOVED by ALL' - the SUPREMELY MOVED ONE.

Activity: 280
December 09, 2016, 12:07:29 PM

Cool

Cool
Not God directs man to write books. Are you familiar with examples of when God inspired an illiterate man write a book? In the books people Express their thoughts. There is a book "the ABC terrorist." It is also God wrote?
legendary
December 09, 2016, 11:59:18 AM

Cool

Cool
Activity: 280
December 09, 2016, 11:55:20 AM

Cool
legendary
December 09, 2016, 11:51:12 AM

Cool
Activity: 235
December 09, 2016, 11:46:10 AM
legendary
December 09, 2016, 11:37:58 AM

Well, thanks. God is your God, too. If you would learn that you can (and maybe have) obeyed God through the salvation that Jesus offers, you might come to understand that you don't have to be so stressed out over a little forum topic.

My perfection is in Jesus. God says so. Your perfection is in Jesus except for one little thing. You don't believe and accept it.

Turn and believe, while you still have time, so that you can join us in eternal life with God, in glory and joy.

Cool

Not my God.... no such thing!
Your God, because He holds you alive. The funny thing is, that if you don't acknowledge Him in this life, He will prove Himself to you in the judgment, but by then it will be absolutely too late for you to be saved.

Why do you keep trying to turn everyone into Zombie's? Are you a brain sucking leech?
You mentioned in a different post that you were more caring than I. Here I am, trying to save you for eternity, and all you can do is accuse me of trying to turn people into zombies. You are the zombie. Stop resisting true life.

What makes you think I am stressed? I am far from stressed.
Like standing on the cliff with your eyes closed. One more step and you are gone for good.

I am disappointed in you though.
You are soooo caring that you are disappointed in me? LOL.

You seem to be an intelligent person, however, your failure to recognize the contradictions in your own bible is quite astounding.
As I said in another post. First you go this way, then you go that. You contradict yourself all the time. Of course, when one looks into the details of your life, he can see that most of them aren't contradictions at all.

The details of the Bible show that it doesn't contradict itself at all.

You also fail to follow the commandments of your bible. I think I will take it on as a quest to get you to recognize these failings.
You simply don't accept that believing in Jesus IS following the commands of the Bible.

If there is an eternal life (which I don't believe), it will be in your version of Hell where you will be bringing the Jim Beam, Pizza and Leather Chair. I'll bring the women.

It is my loss that I am talking seriously with you, but you are joking with (and maybe trolling) me. But others may see and learn. So there will be benefit to some, through the joking that you do.

Cool
legendary
December 09, 2016, 11:03:03 AM
I'm not an Atheist myself. I have friends who are, and they said to me that they think religion is a waste of time, thinks have happened in their life and they question where was god when I needed help the most.

Remind your friends that atheism is a religion. Search the Internet for people and websites who explain why and how.

Cool

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
December 09, 2016, 10:53:10 AM

See:

For one such argument.
Jump to: