Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 113. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 337
Merit: 258
December 01, 2016, 08:45:24 PM
@stats, make sure you pick a passage from the New Testament as modern day Christians (a la BADecker) believe that the coming, death and resurrection of Jesus effectively wiped out any relevancy of the Old Testament in regards to sins and how to live their lives.

They still use the Old Testament when it's convenient though to explain other things, like how the Earth was made etc.  It's a bit like a Choose your own Adventure book in that aspect. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 01, 2016, 07:49:13 PM

@ BADecker...... I am not sure how you believe in the fact you follow your Gods words when the reality is..... YOU DON'T. You put your own spin on things to make it appear you are doing his work to fit your own agenda.
I don't understand how a person such as yourself can be so fluent in English, yet can't understand the simple words that I say. Might it be that you simply don't want to understand? I'll say it again.

When the people asked Jesus what they had to do to do the works of God (i.e., following God's words), Jesus said that they had to believe in Him (Jesus) to do the works of God. So, even though I on my own can't and don't follow God's words, because I believe in Jesus I DO follow God's words. Believing in Jesus (Who followed all God's words perfectly) causes that following of God's words to be attributed to everyone who believes in Jesus.

As I have shown you the words from YOUR Bible which highlight your failure at following the rules/laws/commandments of YOUR God, you once again place an uncanny twist on the wording to suit your own belief thus going against YOUR God. This will continue to land you in your HELL, right along side me!
As I have shown you from the words of the Bible, believing in Jesus IS following all of Gods words. I am not the one who originated this. It is written in the Bible. In Jesus, I am saved from Hell. Without Jesus, I would be lost, because without Him I cannot follow God's words.

Now just for the record, I don't believe in Heaven, Gods, Hell, The Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny or Santa, so your threat of an everlasting eternity of pain and suffering doesn't frighten me or worry me. That is your fear and the fear of religious people.
The little child who runs out into the street after the ball, has no fear of the bus that is going to hit him, either. Some of the little children listen to their parents to look both ways, and are saved from the bus. Listen to your Father God and believe in Jesus, 'cause Hell is a lot worse than being hit by a bus.

For all you know, you could already be in Hell and I am here to torment you for eternity. Therefore, now that we have begun, please visit a local shop and purchase me some Jim Beam, settle in and get comfortable for this is going to be one hell of a ride!

This life is like Pergatory. We are much nearer Heaven in this life than Hell. After all, absolute zero is only about 458 degrees away. But you can get to temperatures in the millions. Much closer to Heaven than Hell.

Cool

Might it be that you only ever speak about your God and Bible with words which are twisted by yourself but are not actually correct? I have used passages from your holy book to highlight exactly what it says yet you continue to put a spin on things with no reference to the EXACT wording of your holy book and god.

I suggest to you that your god is testing you.... I am here to discover what is really in your heart and how you feel about your God. At the moment I say you are failing. Your twisting of words and passages are not correct. You do not follow the word of your god completely but twist and scheme to make the words fit your actions. I suggest you repent to your God now and beg for forgiveness. Your actions are contradictory to his word and that will commit you to an eternity with me.

I have asked you to bring the Jim Beam.... now I think I need Pizza to go with it. I'm settling in for the long haul.

To break it down into simple English for you..... follow your God completely. You say the Bible is his words........ then follow them completely. Do not twist them to suit yourself. If you do.... The Bible say you are going to Hell with your current actions.

Like I said, I don't believe in any of it, but you do, so maybe you need to wake up!

[/quote]

Tell me one thing (start out with just one) that is in God's Word, that I am not obeying, and I will show you how I am obeying it.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
December 01, 2016, 05:37:10 PM
Now just for the record, I don't believe in Heaven, Gods, Hell, The Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny or Santa, so your threat of an everlasting eternity of pain and suffering doesn't frighten me or worry me. That is your fear and the fear of religious people.
The little child who runs out into the street after the ball, has no fear of the bus that is going to hit him, either. Some of the little children listen to their parents to look both ways, and are saved from the bus. Listen to your Father God and believe in Jesus, 'cause Hell is a lot worse than being hit by a bus.
Horrifically inaccurate analogy.

The correct version is:
Little child runs out into street after ball, has no fear of the bus that's going to hit him. Some of the little children listen to their parents and look both ways, and are saved from the bus. Some don't listen, so one parent jumps into a bus and deliberately crushes their own child to death for no reason whatsoever, except hate of course.
The child isn't the problem, the bus isn't the problem, it's the evil parents.

Same with your evil god.

Trouble is, if one is foolish enough to worship an evil god, knowingly aware it is evil yet pretending it isn't, then one must themself be evil. No two ways about it.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 01, 2016, 06:48:33 AM

@ BADecker...... I am not sure how you believe in the fact you follow your Gods words when the reality is..... YOU DON'T. You put your own spin on things to make it appear you are doing his work to fit your own agenda.
I don't understand how a person such as yourself can be so fluent in English, yet can't understand the simple words that I say. Might it be that you simply don't want to understand? I'll say it again.

When the people asked Jesus what they had to do to do the works of God (i.e., following God's words), Jesus said that they had to believe in Him (Jesus) to do the works of God. So, even though I on my own can't and don't follow God's words, because I believe in Jesus I DO follow God's words. Believing in Jesus (Who followed all God's words perfectly) causes that following of God's words to be attributed to everyone who believes in Jesus.

As I have shown you the words from YOUR Bible which highlight your failure at following the rules/laws/commandments of YOUR God, you once again place an uncanny twist on the wording to suit your own belief thus going against YOUR God. This will continue to land you in your HELL, right along side me!
As I have shown you from the words of the Bible, believing in Jesus IS following all of Gods words. I am not the one who originated this. It is written in the Bible. In Jesus, I am saved from Hell. Without Jesus, I would be lost, because without Him I cannot follow God's words.

For all you know, you could already be in Hell and I am here to torment you for eternity. Therefore, now that we have begun, please visit a local shop and purchase me some Jim Beam, settle in and get comfortable for this is going to be one hell of a ride!

This life is like Pergatory. We are much nearer Heaven in this life than Hell. After all, absolute zero is only about 458 degrees away. But you can get to temperatures in the millions. Much closer to Heaven than Hell.

Cool
[/quote]

Might it be that you only ever speak about your God and Bible with words which are twisted by yourself but are not actually correct? I have used passages from your holy book to highlight exactly what it says yet you continue to put a spin on things with no reference to the EXACT wording of your holy book and god.

I suggest to you that your god is testing you.... I am here to discover what is really in your heart and how you feel about your God. At the moment I say you are failing. Your twisting of words and passages are not correct. You do not follow the word of your god completely but twist and scheme to make the words fit your actions. I suggest you repent to your God now and beg for forgiveness. Your actions are contradictory to his word and that will commit you to an eternity with me.

I have asked you to bring the Jim Beam.... now I think I need Pizza to go with it. I'm settling in for the long haul.

To break it down into simple English for you..... follow your God completely. You say the Bible is his words........ then follow them completely. Do not twist them to suit yourself. If you do.... The Bible say you are going to Hell with your current actions.

Like I said, I don't believe in any of it, but you do, so maybe you need to wake up!

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
December 01, 2016, 05:00:25 AM
I am a "Christian" but hate religion. This sums up my views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

So there ya go~

END OF THREAD

Atheists don't hate religion.  Christians do!   Grin

lol

/thread

But honestly, I'm not a religious person but I was raised in a christian family and I still live by the teaching of Jesus, the most important thing in my life would be "Do to others as you would like them to do to you.", of course I mean that outside the internet. I do believe that Jesus existed, and I can't deny that, but the whole thing about the church and the the pressure that still exists pushing the non believers to convert or they'll go to hell is still really annoying to me. I mean, we're all going to hell so I gues I'll meet you all guys in some religions hell.
legendary
November 30, 2016, 07:52:25 PM

Since I have shown that I DO follow the words of the Bible, even when I don't, but you are unwilling to even read what I write, remember these things in the time of great trouble that is coming on you. Remember the things I wrote. Perhaps the Lord will be merciful enough to you that He will give you the chance to turn before it is too late for you.

Cool

How ironic that you choose to ignore your god's commands when it suits you!

James 1:22 "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

I wonder how your god will feel about you disobeying his words and making your own decisions based on his words?

Samuel 12:15 "If you will not listen to the voice of the LORD, but rebel against the command of the LORD, then the hand of the LORD will be against you, as it was against your fathers.

I'm guessing Badecker that you not following the word of your God completely..... you are screwed!

Oh well..... it won't be so bad... if your God turns out to be real, you will have me for company for eternity! How bad can that be?

Absolutely! I entirely do what the word says. I do it through Jesus, my Savior, who said that the work of God is to believe in the One God sent, namely Jesus.

Your reminder that I do what God says in his Word, even if it is through my proxy, Jesus, gives me renewed peace. And if and when I make mistakes in life, it is Jesus Who deals with me in grace and mercy and forgiveness.

Now, YOU. Do you have Jesus in your heart? Do you believe in Him? Because if you don't, you are doomed to Hell... unless you change and believe.

I won't be in Hell with you. But, you will be in too much pain, roasting there for you sin, to even take note of anyone else. And especially you and a few more in this forum, because you have great opportunity to change through my urging, but don't change. Those people who have had little chance to change in life, will receive little pain in Hell.

Wake up before it is too late. If you live a hundred years in this life, it might seem long. But it is short compared with eternity. And, you don't know when your life will end. You might live for another hundred years, but you might die later today. You just don't know. Turn now.

Cool

Cool
legendary
November 30, 2016, 07:44:03 PM
Atheists hate religion on the grounds that it is contrary to their principles of life. They are trying to prove his theory of the absence of God and their annoying opposite opinion

Everybody has a religious attitude about something. Atheists have a religious attitude about their atheism.

Atheists suggest that they believe that God doesn't exist. If they try to prove that He doesn't exist, they have, at best, weak faith, and shouldn't be called atheists.

Cool
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
November 30, 2016, 01:52:16 PM
Atheists hate religion on the grounds that it is contrary to their principles of life. They are trying to prove his theory of the absence of God and their annoying opposite opinion
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
November 30, 2016, 05:51:17 AM

Since I have shown that I DO follow the words of the Bible, even when I don't, but you are unwilling to even read what I write, remember these things in the time of great trouble that is coming on you. Remember the things I wrote. Perhaps the Lord will be merciful enough to you that He will give you the chance to turn before it is too late for you.

Cool

James 1:22 "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

I wonder how your god will feel about you disobeying his words and making your own decisions based on his words?

Samuel 12:15 "If you will not listen to the voice of the LORD, but rebel against the command of the LORD, then the hand of the LORD will be against you, as it was against your fathers.

I'm guessing Badecker that you not following the word of your God completely..... you are screwed!

Oh well..... it won't be so bad... if your God turns out to be real, you will have me for company for eternity! How bad can that be?

Absolutely! I entirely do what the word says. I do it through Jesus, my Savior, who said that the work of God is to believe in the One God sent, namely Jesus.

Your reminder that I do what God says in his Word, even if it is through my proxy, Jesus, gives me renewed peace. And if and when I make mistakes in life, it is Jesus Who deals with me in grace and mercy and forgiveness.

Now, YOU. Do you have Jesus in your heart? Do you believe in Him? Because if you don't, you are doomed to Hell... unless you change and believe.

I won't be in Hell with you. But, you will be in too much pain, roasting there for you sin, to even take note of anyone else. And especially you and a few more in this forum, because you have great opportunity to change through my urging, but don't change. Those people who have had little chance to change in life, will receive little pain in Hell.

Wake up before it is too late. If you live a hundred years in this life, it might seem long. But it is short compared with eternity. And, you don't know when your life will end. You might live for another hundred years, but you might die later today. You just don't know. Turn now.

Cool

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
November 30, 2016, 12:29:03 AM
'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.from the bible..
Well it's not as powerful as..

BE FREE TO BE WHO YOU WANT TO BE AS LONG AS YOU HURT NO ONE..

'You shall love your neighbor as yourself...MERRR..Why you ask?..

Well plenty of people hate themselves and plus want to kill them selves..
SO should i do the same for my neighbour  Grin..
legendary
November 30, 2016, 12:09:12 AM
I am a "Christian" but hate religion. This sums up my views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

So there ya go~

END OF THREAD

Atheists don't hate religion.  Christians do!   Grin

Exactly! Religion is all just all just a bunch of rules and judgment,  I even hate the stigma of being considered a "Christian."
So many Christians overlook this in the Bible. "'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
I am so, so sorry on behalf of judgemental and legalistic Christians. I simply adore everyone unconditionally; gay, straight, white, black, muslim, atheist, etc. I love everyone and I love Jesus because he loved me with an unconditional love even when I hated him; truly giving me hope and new life.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16
Very nice BUT go to SAUDI ARABIA and say the same thing..
They will love you back just as much Grin..
legendary
November 30, 2016, 12:04:53 AM
I am an atheist and this sums up my views..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc81Un8ltS4

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
November 29, 2016, 11:59:48 PM

So there ya go~

END OF THREAD

Atheists don't hate religion.  Christians do!   Grin

Exactly! Religion is all just all just a bunch of rules and judgment,  I even hate the stigma of being considered a "Christian."
So many Christians overlook this in the Bible. "'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
I am so, so sorry on behalf of judgemental and legalistic Christians. I simply adore everyone unconditionally; gay, straight, white, black, muslim, atheist, etc. I love everyone and I love Jesus because he loved me with an unconditional love even when I hated him; truly giving me hope and new life.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
November 29, 2016, 11:51:03 PM

So there ya go~

END OF THREAD

Atheists don't hate religion.  Christians do!   Grin
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
November 29, 2016, 11:44:22 PM
legendary
November 29, 2016, 11:42:08 PM
By the definition - atheists doesnt hate religion, and those who hate religions are called antytheists. Thats a very distinct difference. Because if you are trully an atheist you just dont give a shit about any theistic aka dogmatic believes. Dogmas are as far from you as a snow are from an africans. And from my perspective its the believers of dogma, who implies thru the psychological mechanism of projections, their hatred towards the atheists. So the subject should be - why Religious people hate atheists, and why the atheists even bother?
Because if you are trully an atheist you just dont give a shit about any theistic aka dogmatic believes.NOT TRUE?..

I am an atheist and yes i didn't give to shits about theistic aka dogmatic believes then one day out the blue this happened..

Two Muslim men jailed after brutally attacking couple becaue they ...
two-muslim-men-jailed-after-brutally-attacking...
31 Aug 2016 - When the two Arab men noticed ham on the couple's pizza they told them they ... After being accused of eating the ham, which is forbidden.. They then began to beat her male friend before security staff helped them..PARIS

Now you bet i care about religion as an atheist it could save your life..
I.E don't eat ham pizza in Blackburn or Luton Wink..

So why the hate?..You only get battered for eating ham pizza..Whats the problem?..
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
November 29, 2016, 11:39:34 PM
A : with out
theist : belief in the existence of a God or Gods

in my opinion, Atheist: they dont hate Religion, they dont even care about it. They are free doing anything because they believe theres no Heaven,Hell,God or afterlife thing. CMIIW
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
November 29, 2016, 10:20:15 PM
By the definition - atheists doesnt hate religion, and those who hate religions are called antytheists. Thats a very distinct difference. Because if you are trully an atheist you just dont give a shit about any theistic aka dogmatic believes. Dogmas are as far from you as a snow are from an africans. And from my perspective its the believers of dogma, who implies thru the psychological mechanism of projections, their hatred towards the atheists. So the subject should be - why Religious people hate atheists, and why the atheists even bother?

Antitheists

Good distinction!

Now these Crusaders can start an all-new thread to harass and bully and call people names, all in the name of their god.

That's all they've done here.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
November 29, 2016, 10:20:02 PM
I have met quite a number of Atheist and even some that were even very vast in matters of religion but at a point they just decide to stop the believe but I think the reason they hate religion ( especially those who had been a believer) is because they now have much reasons provided and explanations to the "supernatural" they once hold dearly and they felt "my intelligence has been insulted all this while" and that is the most annoying thing to happen to anyone...

I do not believe in any god but I don't consider myself an atheist, since I follow the philosophy of buddhism and it helps me. But I do believe in ghosts, tbh and in paranormal at all. I spend a lot of time on 4chans /x/. But those people who says something  stupid trying to be above everyone else and just being cringey are cancer.
legendary
November 29, 2016, 08:40:26 PM

Cool

I can't help but find this thread pleasantly cathartic, especially when BADdecker posts. Hahaha  Cheesy 

Since the dictionary definition of the word "religion" shows that atheism is a religion, you need to realize that the topic question is misleading.

Cool
Jump to: