Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 179. (Read 901343 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
May 08, 2016, 02:57:14 PM
Moloch keeps spamming this thread with demons that have nothing to do with the question in the subject nor with atheism itself

The pentagram of Venus is probably the source of all the madness we see into this world: I'm trying to relate the pentagram of Venus with the star of David and the Orion's belt. Finding this relationship can be the clue to understand the world as we know it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities. It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs....

Quoting myself:
Moloch keeps spamming this thread with demons that have nothing to do with the question in the subject nor with atheism itself

Your post have been reported to moderator.

How can you claim Baphomet has nothing to do with atheism?

Do some fucking research kid... god damnit

The picture of the statue is atheism in action... read a damn newspaper... jesús h fucking christ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet#Modern_interpretations_and_usage

In 2014 The Satanic Temple commissioned an 8 1/2 foot statue of Baphomet to stand alongside a monument of the Ten Commandments at Oklahoma State Capitol "respect for diversity and religious minorities" were cited as reasons for erecting the monument. After the Ten Commandments monument was vandalized plans to erect the Baphomet statue were put on hold as the Satanic Temple did not want their statue to stand alone by the Oklahoma capitol. The Oklahoma Supreme Court declared all religious displays illegal and On 25 July, 2015 the statue was erected near a warehouse in Detroit, as a symbol of the modern Satanist movement. The Satanic Temple may take the statue to Arkansas where another 10 Commandments monument is proposed.

You exemplify the reason atheists hate religion... it's because of ignorant religitards like you
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
May 08, 2016, 02:54:29 PM

The pentagram of Venus is probably the source of all the madness we see into this world: I'm trying to relate the pentagram of Venus with the star of David and the Orion's belt. Finding this relationship can be the clue to understand the world as we know it.

Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities. It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs....

Quoting myself:

Your post have been reported to moderator.

Best regards.
May 08, 2016, 02:39:13 PM

legendary
May 08, 2016, 01:17:13 PM
not sure how the pentagram of venus has fuck all to do with why atheists hate religion,

I answered this on 08/2015: read back the thread to know my answer to this thread topic, or I can repost here if interested.

but regardless,
thanx for the azimuth linc ! very interesting. bookmarked. (no it aint me, lol)
 and no worries mate, i wont report you to the moderators  Wink

Since I answered the question 6 months ago and since this thread for me can be closed, I took the time to give my opinion on satanism: since user Moloch keeps spamming this thread with demons that have nothing to do with the question in the subject nor with atheism itself.

I know you call it "madness" as you are an atheist.

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
May 07, 2016, 09:02:12 PM
not sure how the pentagram of venus has fuck all to do with why atheists hate religion, but regardless,
thanx for the azimuth linc ! very interesting. bookmarked. (no it aint me, lol)
 and no worries mate, i wont report you to the moderators  Wink
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
May 07, 2016, 08:53:15 PM
Slavic neopaganism is the future, all hail the Dabog.
legendary
May 07, 2016, 08:07:28 PM

That's from the bible... the bible believes in satan, etc...

FYI, Venus is also known as "the morning star", "lucifer", etc...

Don't forget, Christianity is based in Judaism, which is a religion based around numerology and astrology...

God is the sun, and Satan is Venus... that's the symbolism you seem to be missing...

But, once again, those are Judaic myths, not satanism... satanists don't believe in any of that nonsense

Edit: That is a SUPER strange quote... Is Jesus saying he is the offspring of Satan (the morning star)?!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

Lucifer (/ˈluːsɪfər/; LOO-sif-ər) is the King James Version rendering of the Hebrew word הֵילֵל in Isaiah 14:12. This word, transliterated hêlêl or heylel, occurs once in the Hebrew Bible and according to the KJV-based Strong's Concordance means "shining one, light-bearer". The Septuagint renders הֵילֵל in Greek as ἑωσφόρoς (heōsphoros), a name, literally "bringer of dawn", for the morning star. The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate, which translates הֵילֵל as lucifer, meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus", or, as an adjective, "light-bringing".

Venus is also called the "evening star" but only the morning one is worshipped.

You can see why Venus is seen in the morning and in the evening as well in the link I posted above and that I will repost here:
https://johncarlosbaez.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/the-pentagram-of-venus/

The worship of the morning star is all over in the Bible but not mention to the evening star seems to be found, or at least that I'm aware of.

The fact that God presents himself as Lucifer at the end of the Bible is the reason that explains what listening to women do.

Worshipping the morning star is also the fundament of freemasonery: morning star can be many things as seen here.

Best regards.
May 07, 2016, 07:39:24 PM

You don't have a clue what you are talking about

Educate yourself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism#Atheism_and_Satan

LaVey was an atheist, rejecting the existence of all gods

"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
- Re 22:16

What gives you confusion is called Venus and is not a star is a planet.

That's from the bible... the bible believes in satan, etc...

FYI, Venus is also known as "the morning star", "lucifer", etc...

Don't forget, Christianity is based in Judaism, which is a religion based around numerology and astrology...

God is the sun, and Satan is Venus... that's the symbolism you seem to be missing...

But, once again, those are Judaic myths, not satanism... satanists don't believe in any of that nonsense

Edit: That is a SUPER strange quote... Is Jesus saying he is the offspring of Satan (the morning star)?!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

Lucifer (/ˈluːsɪfər/; LOO-sif-ər) is the King James Version rendering of the Hebrew word הֵילֵל in Isaiah 14:12. This word, transliterated hêlêl or heylel, occurs once in the Hebrew Bible and according to the KJV-based Strong's Concordance means "shining one, light-bearer". The Septuagint renders הֵילֵל in Greek as ἑωσφόρoς (heōsphoros), a name, literally "bringer of dawn", for the morning star. The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate, which translates הֵילֵל as lucifer, meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus", or, as an adjective, "light-bringing".
legendary
May 07, 2016, 07:33:52 PM

Educate yourself:

"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
- Re 22:16

What gives you confusion is called Venus and is not a star is a planet.

Best regards.
May 07, 2016, 07:15:10 PM

Who said anything about satanism?

I said I have a t-shirt with a picture of satan making a snow angel... it's funny

Do you know anything about satanism?

Satanism is not satan worship... satanists don't believe in satan any more than they believe in god

Atheism is not satanism: you are off topic your posts had been reported to the moderator.

Educate yourself:

legendary
May 07, 2016, 07:12:10 PM

I said I have a t-shirt with a picture of satan making a snow angel... it's funny

Satanism is not satan worship... satanists don't believe in satan any more than they believe in god

Atheism is not satanism: you are off topic your posts had been reported to the moderator.

Best regards.
May 07, 2016, 07:00:34 PM

...."hey, nice sand angel tho!".....

I have this on a t-shirt

legendary
born once atheist
May 07, 2016, 06:36:47 PM
ya know i dont hate religion
aamof
i like religion . i mean if it wasnt for religion i wouldnt be able to have a good laugh
every day at the thought of grown men and women believing in fairy tales.
and threads like this.
now excuse me while i find a couple of quotes from one of my hero fellow atheists, Sir Isaac Asimov
(that name has a lovely ring to it doesnt it now?  Grin )
ah, here they are ....

Quote from: Asimov, Isaac

"I certainly don't believe in the mythologies of our society, in heaven and hell, in God and angels, in Satan and demons. I've thought of myself as an 'atheist,' but that simply described what I didn't believe in, not what I did. Gradually, though, I became aware there was a movement called 'humanism,' which used that name because, to put it most simply, humanists believe that human beings produced the progressive advance of human society and also the ills that plague it. They believe that if the ills are to be alleviated, it is humanity that will have to do the job. They disbelieve in the influence of the supernatural on either the good or the bad of society."

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centures since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.

Asimov, Isaac,
(1920-1992) who wrote over 500 science fiction books, was a strong proponent of scientific reasoning who adamantly opposed creationists, religious zealots, pseudoscience, and mysticism......
legendary
May 07, 2016, 03:33:16 PM

I have this on a t-shirt

Best regards.
May 07, 2016, 03:28:47 PM

I have this on a t-shirt

legendary
born once atheist
May 07, 2016, 03:01:44 PM
So Jesus and Moses were hanging out in heaven, totally bored (what a surprise)
So Jesus says "dude, I'm sick of this shit, lets go downstairs to earth where the real action is and have some fun.
Lets go do miracles!"
Moses with a gleam in his eye, replies "oh I'm there dude! lets do it man, I still have my chops! So, how 'bout we head to the old holy land .?
Maybe even find a talking bush and set it on fire! But I ain't wandering in the desert for forty years! It's too frikkin hot and these sandals give me blisters."
So... (you always start a good story with "so" these days.  "AND SO" if its religious babble...I mean Bible nonsense)....  
So, Jesus is like "cool bro, how 'bout you grab that big ole staff of yours and you part the Red Sea just for shitz 'n giggles!?"
So, Moses is like "oh yeah, and then you walk across the water, and maybe even leap over the big ole chasm I make!
oh, and don't forget to to turn the water into a couple a jugs of wine cuz we're gonna partaaaay brother!! (none of that Riunite shit though)
"Sounds like a plan my man!" replies the true messiah himself.
AND SO.. They headed down to earth and they arrive at holy land beach.
AND SO... Moses turns towards the Red Sea, and lifts his staff on high, and spreads his arms to the heavens.
AND SO... The angels began to sing and the gentle sea breeze turned into a raging gale, and the waters of the Red Sea were parted.
AND THEN... Moses lowered his arms,
AND...with a smug grin on his face, turned back to face Jesus. OK dude, your turn, lets see you do your thing!
AND SO... with a flourish of his robes, Jesus steps onto the waters of the Red Sea and begins to stride across without so much as a ripple.
 "Check it out bro! now I'm gonna walk out on water, run and jump over the giant part in the Red Sea you just made! woo hoo "
But to Moses' bewilderment, halfway across the water, just as Jesus gets up to leaping speed, with each step taken, he slowly starts sinking into the water!
Moses watches with horror as his buddy, the Savior, the son of God himself, the true Messiah, is now splashing and flailing helplessly in the drink!
Poor Jesus begins to choke, while the waves toss him around, like a waterlogged rag doll.
AND SO...Moses, upon seeing his side kick, the almighty Messiah, clearly in trouble, swims out to save him from his watery grave.
AND....Moses drags Jesus, using the lifeguard hold, back thru the now un-parted choppy Red Sea. (he had to drop his staff, you see)
AND.... Moses lays The Savior out on the beach, "Hey Jesus" says an enlightened Moses, as he looked down
on his buddy on his back with arms outstretched no less, "I got an idea...now you can make a sand Angel!".
AND SO...Jesus flapped his arms and legs in the sand and HE DID make a sand angel!
AND SO...Between gasps and hack-ups of mouthfuls of salt water, Jesus splutters
"Moses I'm saved! You SAVED me... Praise the lord!... oh wait... I AM the lord!....damn it bro, what went wrong?"

Moses slapped a consoling hand on Jesus' shoulder and said,
 "Don't worry about it, dude. Last time you tried it, you didn't have holes in your feet.".....

PA DA BOOM PSHHHHH.....

"hey, nice sand angel though!".....
legendary
May 06, 2016, 10:23:07 AM
science proves God exists...

QOTD: "When it comes to tithing... I throw a bunch of dollars into the air, and let God take what he needs... the rest I stick back in my pocket"

Wow! There you go again, almost formally stating that you think that you are God. Are you really waking up to the fact that atheists are setting themselves up as gods when they state that God doesn't exist?

Cool

A Moloch is a demon: user Moloch is not an atheist.
"And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD."
- Lev 18:21
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

Open your eyes and stop blaming the wrong people.

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 06, 2016, 08:47:36 AM

QOTD: "When it comes to tithing... I throw a bunch of dollars into the air, and let God take what he needs... the rest I stick back in my pocket"

Wow! There you go again, almost formally stating that you think that you are God. Are you really waking up to the fact that atheists are setting themselves up as gods when they state that God doesn't exist?

Cool
May 06, 2016, 03:10:45 AM

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 06, 2016, 12:44:41 AM
show me one shred of scientific evidence that your imaginary god exists.
just one. im not holding my breath.
you talk about this evidence but so far you have demonstrated zilch, which is hardly surprising because there isnt any.
You really need to get out more. If you would get out to the country, enter a forest, view the night skiy from a countryside, visit a farm, you would see the proofs for God all over the place.

oh and BTW  ... a 2000 year old book written by a bunch of goat herders doesnt count.
If you studied the Bible and the history surrounding how it came into being, you would see that it can't exist. But it does. It is a miracle that only God can do.

If believing in God was is a form of blind faith, perhaps theists would be are some of the most pathetic people around.
fify
Understanding that God exists from science and nature isn't faith. It is knowledge. Believing in God has to do with believing what He promises in the Bible.

seriously dude, go read up on  some real science.
Wake up while you still have time?
are you shitting me?
(face palm)
No, you are shitting yourself. It (the shit) was in your hand when you did that face-palm thing.

The Atheists Pledge of Allegiance....
(anon)

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands,
one Nation under an imaginary deity-figure that was created by ancient men and used to this very day
to control the masses by preventing any sort of intelligent freethought and limiting freedoms, and belief
in whom has caused countless atrocities throughout the world, and whose human son/savior-figure was
actually borrowed from other religions, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all

Since...
nature proves God exists...
scientists believe their theory probability because they are grasping at straws trying to disprove God...
atheism acts like religion that is self-contradictory...
why don't you come to the truth of God and the Bible before it is too late for you?

Cool
Jump to: