Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 324. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 23, 2015, 04:17:07 PM
Why do you think they used to sacrifice animals? Or why do you think they put that into the bible if you don't believe it?

It may be an allegory related to law and commerce, similar to stories found in the Book of Jasher.
I have not studied it enough to come to a conclusion; I have not read the entire book nor even the parts about animal sacrifice; I focus on the parts of the Bible that do reflect truth, such as the New Commandment and the part about not judging.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 23, 2015, 04:07:17 PM
But the thing is, I keep telling you that Jesus said the only way to the Father was through the Son
And I keep refuting this point of view by telling you that it is merely an interpretation (as explained in StackExchange and Phoenix Journals), and it is not part of the core teaching which is called the New Commandment. He came to show us the path, but his being was not that path; it was his Oneness with God that was significant.

but you don't believe that means you have to believe in Him as the savior. The bible talks about sacrifices to get clean from sin...why do you think they sacrificed animals to the Lord?

I don't see anywhere where Jesus referred to himself as a "savior".

Why do you think they used to sacrifice animals? Or why do you think they put that into the bible if you don't believe it?
September 23, 2015, 04:01:52 PM
But the thing is, I keep telling you that Jesus said the only way to the Father was through the Son
And I keep refuting this point of view by telling you that it is merely an interpretation (as explained in StackExchange and Phoenix Journals), and it is not part of the core teaching which is called the New Commandment. He came to show us the path, but his being was not that path; it was his Oneness with God that was significant.

but you don't believe that means you have to believe in Him as the savior. The bible talks about sacrifices to get clean from sin...why do you think they sacrificed animals to the Lord?

I don't see anywhere where Jesus referred to himself as a "savior".
September 23, 2015, 03:37:44 PM
It's not that I feel that way; it is what he said or did not say that matters.
The New Commandment relates to your behavior, NOT your belief.
I don't need to believe anything besides LOVE to be a true Christian, for GOD IS LOVE.
You are forgiven of everything by just believing in Jesus?
It is not so for this is NOT the teaching of the New Commandment;
you have to earn your spiritual unity via God's kingdom within you, then you too can say "I and my father are one" and "I am going to the Father".
Ponder it, it is reason, not feeling.

My perspective is based on reason and has support all throughout the Bible; even Paul says "he that loveth his neighbor hath fulfilled the law.".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Commandment

And I am sorry for the label, my sister; it is only a general term like "Man", "prophet", "Father", "Son", etc.

Np. But I notice all of those general terms denote males. "woman", "prophetess", "mother", "daughter", etc. Wink

But the thing is, I keep telling you that Jesus said the only way to the Father was through the Son, but you don't believe that means you have to believe in Him as the savior. The bible talks about sacrifices to get clean from sin...why do you think they sacrificed animals to the Lord?
September 23, 2015, 03:23:18 PM
It's not that I feel that way; it is what he said or did not say that matters.
The New Commandment relates to your behavior, NOT your belief.
I don't need to believe anything besides LOVE to be a true Christian, for GOD IS LOVE.
You are forgiven of everything by just believing in Jesus?
It is not so for this is NOT the teaching of the New Commandment;
you have to earn your spiritual unity via God's kingdom within you, then you too can say "I and my father are one" and "I am going to the Father".
Ponder it, it is reason, not feeling.

My perspective is based on reason and has support all throughout the Bible; even Paul says "he that loveth his neighbor hath fulfilled the law.".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Commandment

And I am sorry for the label, my sister; it is only a general term like "Man", "prophet", "Father", "Son", etc.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 23, 2015, 03:11:43 PM
Still waiting for 1aguar to prove I am not a god.   Undecided

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
September 23, 2015, 03:11:33 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. And stop calling me brother. My profile clearly says I'm female.

hmm, well unfortunately in this community that can only go one of two ways: 1. awkward geeks behind computer screens will start hitting on you. 2. you'll be labelled a scammer for trying to take advantage of said awkward geeks.

i'd leave gender out of it. Wink

They can hit all they like, I'm already taken and will ignore it. I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone, as you don't see me asking for any crypto. I don't bring it up to get anything, except hopefully, not being called "brother" and "man" all the time. Wink

fair enough, fair enough. i'm just throwing it out there, half-joking. i've been lurking these forums a long time, and have ample reading experience when it comes to these things. Cheesy
September 23, 2015, 03:06:25 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. And stop calling me brother. My profile clearly says I'm female.

hmm, well unfortunately in this community that can only go one of two ways: 1. awkward geeks behind computer screens will start hitting on you. 2. you'll be labelled a scammer for trying to take advantage of said awkward geeks.

They can hit all they like, I'm already taken and will ignore it. I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone, as you don't see me asking for any crypto. I don't bring it up to get anything, except hopefully, not being called "brother" and "man" all the time. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
September 23, 2015, 03:02:07 PM

September 23, 2015, 02:59:49 PM
At least 1aguar thinks that the thing he follows is God. So, he is better than the atheists who don't even know (most of the time) that they are making themselves out to be God by their atheism.

Brother, there is only One God; my beliefs qualify as Christian, as you saw MMH admit; there is a simple test:
The Messenger who you follow gave you only ONE Commandment;
No need to deify the messenger when his commandment was as simple as it IS!

I did not admit it's Christian, because you do not believe Jesus saves us. That's not Christian. Following Jesus's 2 commandments is. You do NOT.

Loving the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul is loving Him as your Creator and loving Jesus as your savior. Anything less is breaking it and not Christian.

And Jesus gave 2 commandments, not just one. They encompass the 10 commandments.

Brother, there is NOTHING about a savior or the person of Emmanuel in Jesus' New Commandment. Whether it is one or two does not make a difference, we both know what is meant by the New Commandment.
He said "love one another as I have loved you", not "love one another because I am your savior".
He said "love GOD" and "GOD is within YOU", not "love Jesus, your savior, for I will forgive you".

September 23, 2015, 02:55:52 PM
At least 1aguar thinks that the thing he follows is God. So, he is better than the atheists who don't even know (most of the time) that they are making themselves out to be God by their atheism.

Brother, there is only One God; my beliefs qualify as Christian, as you saw MMH admit; there is a simple test:

I did not admit it's Christian, because you do not believe Jesus saves us. That's not Christian. Following Jesus's 2 commandments is. You do NOT.

Loving the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul is loving Him as your Creator and loving Jesus as your savior. Anything less is breaking it and not Christian.

And Jesus gave 2 commandments, not just one. They encompass the 10 commandments.

Brother, there is NOTHING about a savior or the person of Emmanuel in Jesus' New Commandment. Whether it is one or two does not make a difference, we both know what is meant by the New Commandment.
He said "love one another as I have loved you", not "love one another because I am your savior".
He said "love GOD" and "GOD is within YOU", not "love Jesus, your savior, for I will forgive you".
September 23, 2015, 02:48:25 PM

September 23, 2015, 02:42:52 PM

Do you forget so quickly that Emmanuel told us "do this and thou shalt live"?
So, all that is required is to follow the Law; strive for perfection in this regard and you shall live.
Do you so easily forget the passage which says "meditate upon God's Law day and night" and thou shall be blessed?
So, all that is required is to know the Law; strive to understand your duty and you shall be blessed.
Purity and perfection of intent is what is required in God's Law; humans will always "break", and this was always known, but a man with a kind heart has a pure intent and he is blessed and shall live.

By the most salient accounts, my God is the same as yours, we only have a few disagreements:
the terrorizing of the child Isaac by a God who IS LOVE
the part about God adding to the Gospels because they were incomplete the first time around
the part about God writing the NT in the first place, and inspiring all of those authors
the part about the Pharisee Saul being a righteous person who accurately taught the Christ path
God's teaching of karma and rebirth, rather than the teaching of the Pharisees (resurrection)
and also the part about a "savior", one who is viewed as an authority figure (rather than a teacher and a way-shower, one who should be emulated, not deified), who allegedly mediates your interaction with God (despite teaching that God's kingdom resides within YOU).
Oh, and also the POSSIBILITY that God may well have sent MESSENGERS JUST AS PROMISED.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
September 23, 2015, 10:50:28 AM
I'm worried about BitNow.  I sure hope we don't have to discontinue his intelligence series like we did with BADecker.   Undecided

I just wanted to welcome you to our theism group... now that you believe that God exists.

Grin

Heil to the Christian G-d!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 23, 2015, 10:30:16 AM
I'm worried about BitNow.  I sure hope we don't have to discontinue his intelligence series like we did with BADecker.   Undecided

I just wanted to welcome you to our theism group... now that you believe that God exists.

Grin
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 23, 2015, 10:28:33 AM
Sorry MMH, but Jesus never ONCE suggested he was your "SAVIOR".
All you have is one passage that you want to interpret your way.
Why did he not repeatedly say he was your "SAVIOR"? God has no mysticism nor hidden agenda—God is open.

The bible says it, quite clear.

Brother, the Bible has been tampered with; the book of Isaiah was modified; you have to sort the truth from the lie and be aware that the Messenger who you follow gave you only ONE Commandment. No need to deify the messenger when his commandment was as simple as it IS!

Also, thanks to "sorryforthat", I found more evidence that the Bible is highly modified:

"With impetus provided by the accumulated historical and textual evidence supporting reincarnation, this book first examines Gospel evidence that Jesus actually taught reincarnation and karma rather than resurrection. Deardorff's compelling analysis bolsters other studies indicating that the concept of resurrection displaced reincarnation in earliest Christianity due to its pre-belief by certain Pharisee converts, and specifies how the Gospels came to reflect this belief."

I believe the bible has been tampered with, such as the Book of Enoch getting taken out. But the Holy Spirit will guide you to see what's true and what's not. If you accept Jesus Christ as your savior,  you can get the Holy Spirit to guide you.

what the fuck are you talking about? why should one be afraid of god when he dosent help out  innocent people when they are starving ? or when they were killed in WARS ?

God gave us free will. Humans are the reason people are starving and have had wars.

I quote that.

Right!

Folks in this thread who are adamantly against God - even if they are so by trying to suggest that He does not exist - are simply upset that they can't have what they want. They are venting.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
September 23, 2015, 09:58:09 AM
Why did he not repeatedly say he was your "SAVIOR"? God has no mysticism nor hidden agenda—God is open.

Brother, the Bible has been tampered with; the book of Isaiah was modified; you have to sort the truth from the lie and be aware that the Messenger who you follow gave you only ONE Commandment. No need to deify the messenger when his commandment was as simple as it IS!

Also, thanks to "sorryforthat", I found more evidence that the Bible is highly modified:

"With impetus provided by the accumulated historical and textual evidence supporting reincarnation, this book first examines Gospel evidence that Jesus actually taught reincarnation and karma rather than resurrection. Deardorff's compelling analysis bolsters other studies indicating that the concept of resurrection displaced reincarnation in earliest Christianity due to its pre-belief by certain Pharisee converts, and specifies how the Gospels came to reflect this belief."

I believe the bible has been tampered with, such as the Book of Enoch getting taken out. But the Holy Spirit will guide you to see what's true and what's not. If you accept Jesus Christ as your savior,  you can get the Holy Spirit to guide you.

what the fuck are you talking about? why should one be afraid of god when he dosent help out  innocent people when they are starving ? or when they were killed in WARS ?

God gave us free will. Humans are the reason people are starving and have had wars.

I quote that.
September 23, 2015, 09:31:11 AM

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 23, 2015, 06:59:35 AM
I'm worried about BitNow.  I sure hope we don't have to discontinue his intelligence series like we did with BADecker.   Undecided
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
September 23, 2015, 06:57:51 AM
what the hell are you saying?? I created humans and I am the one real GOD .
and also I sent satoshi to make bitcoin.

Hey buddy.  Haven't seen you at the recent god meetings.  How are you doing?
yeah having hard time fooling people in east asia .. Embarrassed Embarrassed
also they are not making golden chairs for me in the new temples nowadays ? maybe open minded people are distracting them ?
Jump to: