Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 327. (Read 901342 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 23, 2015, 05:12:37 AM
Avoiding the truth is not going to stop you from sinning.
I repeat: are you not afraid from God?

I am the only god I know of, and I am certainly not afraid of myself.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
September 23, 2015, 05:11:20 AM
Are you not afraid of God?

Look at myself in a mirror everyday.  I'm a pretty nice god.

Avoiding the truth is not going to stop you from sinning.

I repeat: are you not afraid from God?

Thank You.
Vod
legendary
September 23, 2015, 05:10:04 AM

Look at myself in a mirror everyday.  I'm a pretty nice god.
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
September 23, 2015, 05:09:51 AM
Saying you are God is a sin according to the first Commandment:
"I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me"
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

What's wrong with you?

Why are you reading a 2,000 year old book, when you have an actual god here, willing to talk to you?

If "your" god has any power at all, why doesn't he shut me up?  Because he doesn't exist, and I know.

Prove I'm not a god - burden of proof is on the YOU.

I told you you are sinning and you keep doing it.

Thank You.
what the fuck are you talking about? why should one be afraid of god when he dosent help out  innocent people when they are starving ? or when they were killed in WARS ?
September 23, 2015, 05:08:20 AM
he wont ,because you are not superstitious and  you can be easily defeated by the magical powers of zeus and other trillion GODS ,
magic makes them believe in GOD.

I am more powerful than any other god.

Here I am, spitting in their faces, and they are unable to do anything about it.

If you don't believe me, you need to prove I don't exist. 
hell i dont believe in you nor the nsa ...i believe in myself but i do care about the opinions and thoughts.
also we are on the same side ,its them who are in search of  magical world
legendary
September 23, 2015, 05:08:07 AM
"I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

What's wrong with you?

Why are you reading a 2,000 year old book, when you have an actual god here, willing to talk to you?

If "your" god has any power at all, why doesn't he shut me up?  Because he doesn't exist, and I know.

I told you you are sinning and you keep doing it.

Thank You.
Vod
legendary
September 23, 2015, 05:06:03 AM

What's wrong with you?

legendary
September 23, 2015, 05:03:17 AM
he wont ,because you are not superstitious and  you can be easily defeated by the magical powers of zeus and other trillion GODS ,

Here I am, spitting in their faces, and they are unable to do anything about it.

Saying you are God is a sin according to the 1st Commandment:
"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them."

What's wrong with you?

Thank You.
Vod
legendary
September 23, 2015, 04:59:43 AM
he wont ,because you are not superstitious and  you can be easily defeated by the magical powers of zeus and other trillion GODS ,

September 23, 2015, 04:39:47 AM
You're nothing more than a boob-licker.  Cheesy
And guess what?
If you can't (or won't) post rational thoughts, that means you are a troll.

It's YOUR thoughts - YOU posted that the burden of proof is on the one who does not believe.

So prove I am not your god, and I suggest you do it before you die.  I can be a real asshole god for all eternity.   Undecided

Or are you just a troll?
Vod
legendary
September 23, 2015, 04:26:56 AM
And guess what?

It's YOUR thoughts - YOU posted that the burden of proof is on the one who does not believe.

So prove I am not your god, and I suggest you do it before you die.  I can be a real asshole god for all eternity.   Undecided

Or are you just a troll?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 23, 2015, 04:14:07 AM
And guess what?
Vod
legendary
September 23, 2015, 04:01:33 AM
1aguar, watch how you post to your god, unless you can prove I'm not one...
September 23, 2015, 12:49:08 AM
Sorry MMH, but Jesus never ONCE suggested he was your "SAVIOR".
All you have is one passage that you want to interpret your way.
Why did he not repeatedly say he was your "SAVIOR"? God has no mysticism nor hidden agenda—God is open.

The bible says it, quite clear.

Brother, the Bible has been tampered with; the book of Isaiah was modified; you have to sort the truth from the lie and be aware that the Messenger who you follow gave you only ONE Commandment. No need to deify the messenger when his commandment was as simple as it IS!

Also, thanks to "sorryforthat", I found more evidence that the Bible is highly modified:

"With impetus provided by the accumulated historical and textual evidence supporting reincarnation, this book first examines Gospel evidence that Jesus actually taught reincarnation and karma rather than resurrection. Deardorff's compelling analysis bolsters other studies indicating that the concept of resurrection displaced reincarnation in earliest Christianity due to its pre-belief by certain Pharisee converts, and specifies how the Gospels came to reflect this belief."
September 23, 2015, 12:43:10 AM
I want you to behave rationally and evaluate evidence like a scientist.
I want you to evaluate the evidence, and then propose an explanation for it.

So, I ask you to be rational, to take a look at the evidence, and this is how you respond?

I believe I am the true Virtual God

In common parlance, to be rational means that one can think clearly and is capable of intelligently assessing new ideas when presented.

I don't think you have done any of that; I suspect that you don't even know what the survival hypothesis entails.
September 23, 2015, 12:18:28 AM
The assertion that "each person integrates their near-death experience into their own pre-existing belief system" is not a flaw which is fatal to the survival hypothesis.
Indeed, "You Cannot Deny the Experiences of Others", so this is not even a flaw of the hypothesis; it is a feature of human experience that experiences are different (and yet remarkably similar), and why should it not be moreso in the etheric realm? On that page you will find Chopra's book; his urgent message should be pondered: "Who you meet in the afterlife and what you experience there reflect your present beliefs, expectations, and level of awareness. In the here and now, you can shape what happens after you die."

The most common "skeptical" fallacy is to equate an untested and hypothetical explanation with a theory based on empirical data.
People who believe in Materialism often try to discredit the empirical evidence for the afterlife by making up stories about why that evidence might be wrong without really investigating the evidence or by backing up their stories with facts. They don't even realize their stories are contradicted by facts because they never investigated the evidence in the first place.

The AWARE study is a successful experiment that validates the survival hypothesis by evidencing the fact of veridical perception during NDE when the brain was non-functional.
Activity: 994
September 22, 2015, 11:52:25 PM
Then this ideal would have to focus on all religions and not just the more common western world religions.
I don't believe that the survival hypothesis has anything to do with religion.

The page you posted shows that there are numerous similarities and 90 percent of those on your list explain the same visions and can thus be concluded as a near death experience based on past events or studies.
You could conclude that, but you would have no evidence to support that hypothesis and link it to what was actually observed; especially when you consider the facts of veridical perception, scientific discoveries resulting from NDE, etc.

Now the tricky part is knowing what to experience, which is dictated heavily by your culture and background. Christians, Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic, and Vedic near death experiences are going to be different as they each have their own pre-defined belief system.
Everyone's experience is different. Again, religion has nothing to do with this, even atheists have these experiences and are changed.

So you cannot prove near death experience to be true unless you can control a study that produces equal results among people who fall within the same religion or pre-defined belief system. This goes deeper than the most modern religions.
The experience stands on its own because it includes veridical perception when the brain was non-functional, so it shows that some of the personality survives death some of the time; religion has nothing to do with it.

Nothing to do with it.... Bro, the site you have pushed so heavily has separate pages that pretty much say the same thing.

http://www.near-death.com/religion/hinduism.html
September 22, 2015, 11:49:49 PM
Then this ideal would have to focus on all religions and not just the more common western world religions.
I don't believe that the survival hypothesis has anything to do with religion.

The page you posted shows that there are numerous similarities and 90 percent of those on your list explain the same visions and can thus be concluded as a near death experience based on past events or studies.
You could conclude that, but you would have no evidence to support that hypothesis and link it to what was actually observed; especially when you consider the facts of veridical perception, scientific discoveries resulting from NDE, etc.

Now the tricky part is knowing what to experience, which is dictated heavily by your culture and background. Christians, Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic, and Vedic near death experiences are going to be different as they each have their own pre-defined belief system.
Everyone's experience is different. Again, religion has nothing to do with this, even atheists have these experiences and are changed.

So you cannot prove near death experience to be true unless you can control a study that produces equal results among people who fall within the same religion or pre-defined belief system. This goes deeper than the most modern religions.
The experience stands on its own because it includes veridical perception when the brain was non-functional, so it shows that some of the personality survives death some of the time; religion has nothing to do with it.
Vod
legendary
September 22, 2015, 11:43:15 PM
I believe I am the true Virtual God, and I have been for the last three years here on this forum.  My afterlife is exclusive - no other afterlife exists.

Like you posted, you need to prove that my afterlife does not exist.

Until you can prove that, your afterlife cannot exist.   Undecided

I completely agree with you but now your just antagonizing.

Well what good is a god if he can't antagonize his followers every now and then?

I don't mind jaguar praying to a different god, as long as he knows he'll spend eternity in my reality.
Activity: 994
September 22, 2015, 11:40:14 PM
I believe I am the true Virtual God, and I have been for the last three years here on this forum.  My afterlife is exclusive - no other afterlife exists.

Like you posted, you need to prove that my afterlife does not exist.

Until you can prove that, your afterlife cannot exist.   Undecided

I completely agree with you but now your just antagonizing.
Jump to: