Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 106. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 254
March 08, 2015, 10:43:45 AM
The private sector would provide a far better service at a much cheaper price.

No, the private sector can't.
It's impotent, it's weak.  My glorious jackbooted gubermint thugs already made your pathetic private sector my bitch, and I...  
I made it beg, squeal like a pig... I ... I've made it... HUMBLE.

The private sector does provide better services in many countries?
Just compare government run colleges with private run colleges.
Why do people prefer to go to private colleges?

For the same reasons they prefer to go to private schools--they can afford it & their friends, the other rich kids, go there. 
So now you know.
Activity: 714
Merit: 661
March 08, 2015, 10:01:33 AM
if you don't pay taxes you will not get facilities that govt provide you for free like free schools , hospital bill in some cases , or some accidental damage to your property
So it is not free school, free hospital bill and free accidental damage repairs. The fact that payment is decoupled in time from the service does not make it free.
On the contrary, it increases price elasticity, which means that the user becomes insensitive to price change.

If all of that was funded directly, and not through the intermediary of taxes, people would get upset about the prices, and the prices would decrease as a result.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 08, 2015, 07:35:13 AM
If people did not agree to pay taxes. Citizens cannot benefit from the services the government provides. For ex. school, healthcare ...etc.
And public workers like teachers and police officers would not be paid.

if you don't pay taxes you will not get facilities that govt provide you for free like free schools , hospital bill in some cases , or some accidental damage to your property
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
March 08, 2015, 04:05:12 AM

It's impotent, it's weak.  My glorious jackbooted gubermint thugs already made your pathetic private sector my bitch, and I...  

The private sector does provide better services in many countries?
Just compare government run colleges with private run colleges.
Why do people prefer to go to private colleges?
March 07, 2015, 08:48:42 PM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
March 07, 2015, 02:44:28 PM
If people did not agree to pay taxes. Citizens cannot benefit from the services the government provides. For ex. school, healthcare ...etc.
And public workers like teachers and police officers would not be paid for their hard work.

You pay 100 and you get 20 in services that are worth 5, services without competition, choice of using the service and innovation.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I love bitcoins.
March 07, 2015, 02:35:41 PM
And public workers like teachers and police officers would not be paid for their hard work.
Activity: 252
I love bitcoins.
March 06, 2015, 10:36:17 PM
And public workers like teachers and police officers would not be paid.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
March 05, 2015, 08:07:46 PM
Putin here, Putin there... Is there a thread on this forum where he is not being mentioned in the end? Taxpayer, Russians are coming to steal your taxes!
Putin seems to be some kind of modern Hitler wannabe. But did not he ban bitcoin in russia? Bitcoin it to complicated to control it seems, not mention it is hard to tax as hell due to its decentralized nature. The best FIAT if you want to avoid taxes it seems.

As far as I know, bitcoin is not officially banned in Russia, and its use is restricted only for legal entities. Besides that, with the recent devaluation of the national currency the Russian Central bank (which is the primary engine behind the bitcoin restriction in Russia) certainly has more important things on its agenda right now.

It has not been banned in Russia. They have taken a nuanced stance
"You can play with your bitcoins, but you can’t pay with them"
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/you-can-play-with-you-bitcoins-but-you-cant-pay-with-them-russia-824826
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
March 04, 2015, 10:41:29 AM
Putin here, Putin there... Is there a thread on this forum where he is not being mentioned in the end? Taxpayer, Russians are coming to steal your taxes!
Putin seems to be some kind of modern Hitler wannabe. But did not he ban bitcoin in russia? Bitcoin it to complicated to control it seems, not mention it is hard to tax as hell due to its decentralized nature. The best FIAT if you want to avoid taxes it seems.

As far as I know, bitcoin is not officially banned in Russia, and its use is restricted only for legal entities. Besides that, with the recent devaluation of the national currency the Russian Central bank (which is the primary engine behind the bitcoin restriction in Russia) certainly has more important things on its agenda right now.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
March 04, 2015, 10:27:52 AM
because i will go to jail if i didn't pay it Sad
the gov force me to pay taxes, and said it for developing my country
but in fact, many tax money is corrupted by bad individual in government

True. Some, if not all of the money that came from tax were used not in projects related to improving and developing the country, but to the politicians themselves. Very evident in my country. Sad thing.

Politicians taking their cut is nothing new.
The problem comes when that is all they do.
Politicians and diapers should both be changed regularly - and for the same reason.

Good one, but what to do when some politicians are glued to their chairs? Take Putin for instance, the guy changed the constitution to stay in power.

Depending on what you believe, a higher power has already set an unavoidable term limit for all humans.  Sometimes nothing can be done, but eventually even Putin will need to relinquish his position.

TT
Dont you know , putin has more bitcoin that all of us together. Putin is the creator of bitcoins my friend , and he's gonna make sure all the russians in the world starts using it.

Activity: 742
Merit: 526
March 04, 2015, 09:49:15 AM

True. Some, if not all of the money that came from tax were used not in projects related to improving and developing the country, but to the politicians themselves. Very evident in my country. Sad thing.

Politicians and diapers should both be changed regularly - and for the same reason.

Good one, but what to do when some politicians are glued to their chairs? Take Putin for instance, the guy changed the constitution to stay in power.

Depending on what you believe, a higher power has already set an unavoidable term limit for all humans.  Sometimes nothing can be done, but eventually even Putin will need to relinquish his position.

TT
Dont you know , putin has more bitcoin that all of us together. Putin is the creator of bitcoins my friend , and he's gonna make sure all the russians in the world starts using it.

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
March 04, 2015, 09:43:28 AM

TT
March 02, 2015, 09:55:19 AM
But where does the money go to? ...

Activity: 462
I can draw your avatar!
March 02, 2015, 09:44:18 AM
no one say they agree to pay taxex, and actually is the contrary, they evade taxes as much as possible

taxes are a form of a legal theft

I think everyone agrees to pay taxes when they pay voluntarily pay them. If people want to live and work in certain countries they have to play by the rules and laws set there, but people are free to move to a country where you don't have to pay taxes but usually there's a good reason why they don't.

It is not wise never to question the rules and laws and seek justification for them. We pay taxes from our income, then from everything we buy part goes to taxes too, that what is left we pay taxes on our savings or assets for having not spent the value of it.

But where does the money go to? Does it reflect in my surroundings, is there enough to justify the amount collected to benefit my social wellbeing? Education, expensive royal families, infrastructure..
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
March 02, 2015, 09:19:10 AM
no one say they agree to pay taxex, and actually is the contrary, they evade taxes as much as possible

I think everyone agrees to pay taxes when they pay voluntarily pay them. If people want to live and work in certain countries they have to play by the rules and laws set there, but people are free to move to a country where you don't have to pay taxes but usually there's a good reason why they don't.
Activity: 500
Merit: 501
http://digitalcoin.org/
March 02, 2015, 08:10:52 AM

TT
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 02, 2015, 06:19:22 AM

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 02, 2015, 05:57:17 AM
I believe it to be of importance to contribute to society and those less fortunate, ofcourse not all of taxes paid go towards what you want them to according to your beliefs, but I think that the majority of it do. Ofcourse, there can be severe repurcussions if you don't pay it, which also plays a part in the decision.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
March 02, 2015, 05:36:55 AM

Jump to: