Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 110. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I can draw your avatar!
February 20, 2015, 04:40:22 PM
I always find it funny when people complain about other people paying taxes when you know they're paying it themselves. I also always imagine they're typing this from an iPhone sitting in Starbucks on their work break  Cheesy.

Grin

Hope that in my life I have to pay a lot of taxes, espacily hope I will be in the high value income tax and maybe, one day I will have to pay a lot of tax on my bitcoins. All will imply I have a lot of money to spend Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
February 20, 2015, 04:32:55 PM
^^^^^ thirty-thousand.org !!!!
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
February 20, 2015, 03:57:39 PM
I always find it funny when people complain about other people paying taxes when you know they're paying it themselves. I also always imagine they're typing this from an iPhone sitting in Starbucks on their work break  Cheesy.

Yeah. nobody likes to pay taxes but playing the victim while using all the benefits of taxation does not make one look like a hero.  Americans are enjoying the safest times in all of human history. People were never this free in history nor as able to enjoy longevity and relative peace. Yet somehow they think that they are being oppressed by participating.

Well I've had the displeasure of living in some of the shitiest, war torn, armpits of this planet. Places with an actual anarchy. You would not like them. A lot of kids in the U.S. seem to think they would be free in an anarchy. But there is no freedom in anarchy for anyone but the strongest. You would wake up to that the day a militia shows up to take everything you have and put you to work in the mine. Then you would be like Police! Police! Someone come save me!

There's a difference between honest taxes and cruel ones. I'd call 10% of income an honest tax, but paying 20% + another 20% vat, like we do in Europe is a theft and slavery. I'm not against paying my share, but i'm not going to give away half of what I'm earning to the government. And no, not all of us are paying taxes, some are avoiding them, just like not all of us are respecting the law.
That is the real problem. Not the concept of taxes as a way to pool money for our common interest, but the abuse of taxation. I hate the way the taxes I pay are mismanaged and wasted on stupid things the government shouldn't even be involved in. I think this is a growing problem in the U.S.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
February 20, 2015, 03:54:53 PM
... And no, not all of us are paying taxes, some are avoiding them, just like not all of us are respecting the law.

-Come on Duke, let's go do those crimes.
-Yeah. Yeah. Let's go get Sushi and ...and not pay.
Activity: 756
Infleum
February 20, 2015, 03:38:23 PM

Yeah. nobody likes to pay taxes but playing the victim while using all the benefits of taxation does not make one look like a hero.  Americans are enjoying the safest times in all of human history. People were never this free in history nor as able to enjoy longevity and relative peace. Yet somehow they think that they are being oppressed by participating.

Well I've had the displeasure of living in some of the shitiest, war torn, armpits of this planet. Places with an actual anarchy. You would not like them. A lot of kids in the U.S. seem to think they would be free in an anarchy. But there is no freedom in anarchy for anyone but the strongest. You would wake up to that the day a militia shows up to take everything you have and put you to work in the mine. Then you would be like Police! Police! Someone come save me!

There's a difference between honest taxes and cruel ones. I'd call 10% of income an honest tax, but paying 20% + another 20% vat, like we do in Europe is a theft and slavery. I'm not against paying my share, but i'm not going to give away half of what I'm earning to the government. And no, not all of us are paying taxes, some are avoiding them, just like not all of us are respecting the law.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
February 20, 2015, 01:46:51 PM
people agree to pay taxes because with it they buy civilization.

Now whether the governing bodies responsible for the allocation of this collective investment are trustworthy is a different story.

hence these experiments in democracy (USA being one of them), though representative government fails when the representation is flawed.

Did you know the founders intended the ratio of citizens to representatives to be between 1:30,000 and 1:50,000?

Apparently this was the only thing that George Washington spoke up for during the founding. He was most concerned with the ratio of representation.

Do you know what it is now?

it ranges between 1:700,000 - 1:almost a million.

how can 1 individual represent 700,000 people?

Why did it go from 1:30,000 to 1:700,000? because the federal house of representatives is arbitrarily capped at 435 due to some decision in 1911.

checkout http://thirty-thousand.org/

/rant
legendary
February 20, 2015, 01:33:37 PM

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
February 20, 2015, 01:15:31 PM
i dont know what you mean op ?
taxes go to the country , so that there can be free hospitals , roads , etc. if this is not how you want it to be
simply create your own country.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 20, 2015, 12:53:29 PM
Don't ask what the state can do for you but what can you do for state.

both are wrong, you should not be forced to do anything for the state, especially when you don't know where your money are used, or for what they are used

government is the first thief remember
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
February 20, 2015, 11:56:41 AM
So many ignorant statists making the same boring arguments over and over and over and over and over and over..

I want to cry.

I am living in a cage full of slaves and I am surrounded by other slaves telling me how great the cage is. Sure I get to vote on what's for supper every now and then. But whenever I propose we work together to escape the cage I am met with hostility and labeled as dangerous, radical, naive, Utopian, and selfish.

Not in my lifetime.

Why would others paying their share bother you? You could just mooch off our labor and enjoy the benefits of taxation but not pay. Then you wouldn't be a slave anymore. Roll Eyes

legendary
February 20, 2015, 11:13:18 AM
So many ignorant statists making the same boring arguments over and over and over and over and over and over..

I want to cry.

I am living in a cage full of slaves and I am surrounded by other slaves telling me how great the cage is. Sure I get to vote on what's for supper every now and then. But whenever I propose we work together to escape the cage I am met with hostility and labeled as dangerous, radical, naive, Utopian, and selfish.

Not in my lifetime.

Why would others paying their share bother you? You could just mooch off our labor and enjoy the benefits of taxation but not pay. Then you wouldn't be a slave anymore. Roll Eyes
February 20, 2015, 07:37:59 AM

I want to cry.

I am living in a cage full of slaves and I am surrounded by other slaves telling me how great the cage is. Sure I get to vote on what's for supper every now and then. But whenever I propose we work together to escape the cage I am met with hostility and labeled as dangerous, radical, naive, Utopian, and selfish...

Aww...  I know what'll make all that angst better!
Activity: 1022
February 20, 2015, 05:29:52 AM
You are being taxed because you are under a contract with "the government".

It is not a social contract; it is a commercial contract.
In other words,
you still have a contract with the government
and this is why they make claims against you.

IT IS NOT A "SOCIAL CONTRACT" BY ANY MEANS!

It is the SSN "brand" that makes you a target.

It is a contract you don't sign and the terms change at will when the state wants. The people can theorically change the contract too but it is not always easy.
Activity: 546
February 20, 2015, 03:25:57 AM
You are being taxed because you are under a contract with "the government".

It is not a social contract; it is a commercial contract.
In other words,
you still have a contract with the government
and this is why they make claims against you.

IT IS NOT A "SOCIAL CONTRACT" BY ANY MEANS!

It is the SSN "brand" that makes you a target.
Activity: 784
February 19, 2015, 10:12:41 PM

I want to cry.

Not in my lifetime.

You are just young and dumb and probably privileged.  You'll change your mind if you ever grow up.
Activity: 788
Merit: 1000
February 19, 2015, 09:24:44 PM

I want to cry.

Not in my lifetime.
Activity: 756
Infleum
February 19, 2015, 05:40:14 PM
I think most people don't agree, they are forced to comply. It's either that or fines and then jail. Goverments are like leeches, but unlike leeches bite back when you try to shake them off.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
February 19, 2015, 02:59:22 PM

Seams like we have ourself a true american spirit. Would you care to enlighten us what "state" actually is? Its a group of well coordinated thiefs and lyers that drain the prople of any chance of making a buck playing it by the rules. So, i would rather say, do whatever you can for yourself , because noone else cares about you, and that my friend is the hard truth.
Taxes are originaly a good idea, but it has gone too far and too off the original idea to help the comunity with tax money, instead it goes into very wide and deep pockets first.

cheers
February 19, 2015, 01:29:17 PM
If people cannot afford to live somewhere, they should live somewhere else ...

They'll live at your place & shit on your living room carpet then. 

Your betters--the smart rich who own you and write the laws--have chose to make you pay taxes.
Because they feel that taxing you & giving your money to the poor is the simplest way of keeping said poor off their expansive lush lawns.
And because they can.
And they can because they're richer & better than you.  It's nature's way--the strong & adept rule the weak, lazy & stupid.

Accept your lowliness, learn your place in the food chain, and stop making a nuisance of yourself.
Activity: 1022
February 19, 2015, 12:47:07 PM

You should not ask what the state can do for you but you shouldn't work for the state either, you should work for yourself and your family and enjoy your freedoms.
Jump to: