Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 107. (Read 50995 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
February 27, 2015, 12:37:55 PM
because i will go to jail if i didn't pay it Sad
the gov force me to pay taxes, and said it for developing my country
but in fact, many tax money is corrupted by bad individual in government

True. Some, if not all of the money that came from tax were used not in projects related to improving and developing the country, but to the politicians themselves. Very evident in my country. Sad thing.

Politicians taking their cut is nothing new.
The problem comes when that is all they do.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
February 26, 2015, 07:12:29 PM
Governments got their power by being stronger, smarter, and more industrious than the people they control, just like the wealthy got their wealth by being generally superior to the poor.
Ask yourself:  Would John Galt moan about being poor, weak and lazy?  Hell no!

If you're so smart, why are you so poor? Being stronger... well, maybe, but being smarter and more industrious?! Have you ever heard about the notion of "old money"?

From Wiki:

"Old money" applies to those of the upper class whose wealth separates them from lower social classes. According to anthropologist W. Lloyd Warner, the upper class in the United States during the 1930s was divided into the upper-upper and the lower-upper classes. The lower-upper were those that did not come from traditionally wealthy families. They earned their money from investments and business rather than inheritance. In contrast to the nouveau riche, the upper-upper class was families viewed as "quasi-aristocratic" and "high-society". These had been rich for generations. They lived off idle inheritances rather than earned wealth

You can smart and having character flaws or not wanting to get rich.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
February 26, 2015, 03:30:28 PM
^Most certainly.  For me, intelligence = cunning Cool

If I were to ask you a question, what would you pick between the two? Then after achieving it, will you be like the politicians too?  Grin

Depends on a whole bunch of things, like my circumstances & how much of each.  If the whole world was out to get me, I'd definitely chose cunning.  Wouldn't you?
inb4 "intelligence 'coz smart enough to convince world it don't want me" or "intelligence bcoz invent super weapon & kill world."
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
February 26, 2015, 02:54:39 PM
^Most certainly.  For me, intelligence = cunning Cool

If I were to ask you a question, what would you pick between the two? Then after achieving it, will you be like the politicians too?  Grin
February 26, 2015, 02:39:39 PM
^Most certainly.  For me, intelligence = cunning Cool
legendary
Cashback 15%
February 26, 2015, 02:35:29 PM
Governments got their power by being stronger, smarter, and more industrious than the people they control, just like the wealthy got their wealth by being generally superior to the poor.

If you're so smart, why are you so poor? Being stronger... well, maybe, but being smarter and more industrious?! Have you ever heard about "old money"?

Of course.  One doesn't get to the throne of power by being stupid & lazy.  It takes hard work and cunning!

And brains too. Don't forget the brains. Wink Without it, you can't advance in power and rule the people under you.
February 26, 2015, 02:26:17 PM

If you're so smart, why are you so poor? Being stronger... well, maybe, but being smarter and more industrious?! Have you ever heard about "old money"?

Of course.  One doesn't get to the throne of power by being stupid & lazy.  It takes hard work and cunning!

Activity: 742
Merit: 526
February 26, 2015, 02:19:55 PM

If you're so smart, why are you so poor? Being stronger... well, maybe, but being smarter and more industrious?! Have you ever heard about the notion of "old money"?

From Wiki:

"Old money" applies to those of the upper class whose wealth separates them from lower social classes. According to anthropologist W. Lloyd Warner, the upper class in the United States during the 1930s was divided into the upper-upper and the lower-upper classes. The lower-upper were those that did not come from traditionally wealthy families. They earned their money from investments and business rather than inheritance. In contrast to the nouveau riche, the upper-upper class was families viewed as "quasi-aristocratic" and "high-society". These had been rich for generations. They lived off idle inheritances rather than earned wealth
February 26, 2015, 02:17:06 PM
Ask yourself:  Would John Galt moan about being poor, weak and lazy?  Hell no!
legendary
Cashback 15%
February 26, 2015, 02:00:17 PM

True. Some, if not all of the money that came from tax were used not in projects related to improving and developing the country, but to the politicians themselves. Very evident in my country. Sad thing.
legendary
Cashback 15%
February 26, 2015, 01:58:10 PM
If you are using social healthcare or socially funded infrastructures and you aren't paying tax you do deserve jail.

If you aren't using any of these and keep it 100% private then you don't deserve jail.

Simple as.

I wish that that could be this simple. But sadly, it isn't. You know, the governments of the world doesn't simply allow any individual to live as private as possible. You need to be registered in their list to be able to live in their country.

How I wish I live as private as I can. Without taxes, or anything that is connected to any government. That would be nice, but I think I can live without the government lol.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
February 26, 2015, 11:52:30 AM
If you are using social healthcare or socially funded infrastructures and you aren't paying tax you do deserve jail.

If you aren't using any of these and keep it 100% private then you don't deserve jail.

Simple as.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
February 25, 2015, 11:33:48 PM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.
If you accept the taxes also the bitcoin transaction system will hardly accept you  Grin .
If you pay a small amount for taxes you may have double spent or your transaction couldn't
complete for a long time . default taxe is 0.0001 BTC per kB for a smooth transaction .
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
February 25, 2015, 02:05:32 PM
Theoretically I pay taxes because government can offer to me some services (like health, law enforcement ecc.). But, with the economic crisis, we pay taxes to pay state debts  Roll Eyes

that's the right answer I think , you are right
Activity: 420
Merit: 117
February 24, 2015, 04:42:03 PM
The two biggest holders of the U.S. debt are Japan and China. Japan is not an independent state, so it is effectively out of the equation (whoever begs to differ). China is the largest trading partner of the U.S., so it is very unlikely that it will drop its U.S. treasury holdings all of a sudden. In a sense, it can be said that right now the U.S. feeds on China, but how long will it last?

The US has been pushing SDRs through the IMF for some time now. SDRs came out of the Bretton-Woods System and where created as a fail safe for an expected USD shortfall in the 70s.

Interstingly, the US wants to bring China on board. The Chinese want no part as they stand to lose out because of all the US debt they hold. It's becoming clearer that the US cannot support the reserve status it has anymore, but is unwilling to relinquish the power the position provides. The rest of the World is becoming wise to the US antics.

So China has to become the main loser since it will have the U.S. debt now (then) worthy of nothing. Could they (the Chinese) think of this as the price they had to pay to get out of poverty and misery China had been in for the last few centuries? In any case, they now have plants and technology in their hands, so they are no longer much dependent on other countries technologically (mostly the U.S.).

Seems plausible. China is screwed if they do or if they don't. Their successes in the global economy have come from the US mostly. Americans demand goods at cheap prices and China took advantage of that niche.

Through buying US Treasury Bonds, China was able to finance many of its local and global projects in places like the Sudan or in Pakistan using the favorable USD exchange rate over their Yuan. They gambled and it paid off handsomely. Now, not so much...

Funny thing is the Chinese want to sell off their USTBs because of their overvalued currency, but doing so will boost the USD relative to theirs and hurt them more so. Just a giant dick measuring contest if you ask me. It's all about the power.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
February 24, 2015, 11:14:01 AM
[email protected].:
Let's see...  You've joined this forum on the fifth of January, BTC price bounced between $830 & $950 that day.

Good thing you've discovered Bitcoin (Just in time!), and opted out of USD 2%/yr inflationary death spiral Cheesy

You and I both. I'd love to see BTC succeed from both an economic standpoint and a personal one. BTC could be the vehicle that finally educates people regarding how the financial world works and gives them their voice back in how it all plays out in the future.

Losing 60-70% of one's worth seems like a pricey education, but to each his own Undecided

Don't let your assumptions cloud an otherwise unsupported claim.

You referring to "Losing 60-70% of one's worth seems like a pricey education"?  It does seem like an expensive lesson.  You're asking me to substantiate my opinion?

I think I have misread your comment. I took it as a sly remark. I see what you mean now. Yes, it is a pricy education, but those with the balls to attend this School of Hard Knocks stand a very good chance of getting ahead of the stampede.

I think it is not about getting the lessons but learning them, expensive lessons can make you do other mistakes if you become depressed and bitter.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
February 24, 2015, 11:13:45 AM
The two biggest holders of the U.S. debt are Japan and China. Japan is not an independent state, so it is effectively out of the equation (whoever begs to differ). China is the largest trading partner of the U.S., so it is very unlikely that it will drop its U.S. treasury holdings all of a sudden. In a sense, it can be said that right now the U.S. feeds on China, but how long will it last?

The US has been pushing SDRs through the IMF for some time now. SDRs came out of the Bretton-Woods System and where created as a fail safe for an expected USD shortfall in the 70s.

Interstingly, the US wants to bring China on board. The Chinese want no part as they stand to lose out because of all the US debt they hold. It's becoming clearer that the US cannot support the reserve status it has anymore, but is unwilling to relinquish the power the position provides. The rest of the World is becoming wise to the US antics.

So China has to become the main loser since it will have the U.S. debt now (then) worthy of nothing. Could they (the Chinese) think of this as the price they had to pay to get out of poverty and misery China had been in for the last few centuries? In any case, they now have plants and technology in their hands, so they are no longer much dependent on other countries technologically (mostly the U.S.).
February 24, 2015, 10:51:34 AM
[email protected].:
Let's see...  You've joined this forum on the fifth of January, BTC price bounced between $830 & $950 that day.

Good thing you've discovered Bitcoin (Just in time!), and opted out of USD 2%/yr inflationary death spiral Cheesy

You and I both. I'd love to see BTC succeed from both an economic standpoint and a personal one. BTC could be the vehicle that finally educates people regarding how the financial world works and gives them their voice back in how it all plays out in the future.

Losing 60-70% of one's worth seems like a pricey education, but to each his own Undecided

You referring to "Losing 60-70% of one's worth seems like a pricey education"?  It does seem like an expensive lesson.  You're asking me to substantiate my opinion?

I think I have misread your comment. I took it as a sly remark. I see what you mean now. Yes, it is a pricy education, but those with the balls to attend this School of Hard Knocks stand a very good chance of getting ahead of the stampede.

Know what you mean.  People make snide comments about my vast BTCeanie BTCabies holdings, but I just have to smile.  They don't understand BTCeanies, 'cos they ain't brilliant visionary financiers with balls of steel.  Not like myself Cool
Hang tough, bro!
Activity: 420
Merit: 117
February 24, 2015, 10:34:26 AM
[email protected].:

February 24, 2015, 10:30:34 AM
[email protected].:

Jump to: