Pages:
Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 89. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 0
January 24, 2018, 02:17:15 AM
We pay taxes for the services provided by our government, infrastructures and other government projects. Ideally, we should benefit from paying our taxes.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
January 24, 2018, 01:25:49 AM
People agree to  pay  taxes because our government required it,and of course even  in bible times, they are paying their taxes and it is an act of submission and obedience to our government.
Activity: 116
Merit: 100
January 24, 2018, 12:59:40 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.
The government says that they need tax for the development of the country. For the salary of government employed, military and other services. So we are force to pay that. Even we refuse.
Example was on our country Philippines. Many people refusing and complaining about tax charges. And now the government remove the tax from everyones salary! And transfer the tax on everyday needs like food, water, electric bill, gas and other goods. How cruel is that. Just to fool people that they remove tax!
That was my example, even we refuse they have the way.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
January 24, 2018, 12:31:12 AM
Because taxes are for social services. These services are aimed to serve all the people regardless of their status in life. The money that the governments collect from taxes also are beneficial to the government's stability and effectiveness. More money, theoretically, generates more social services that ultimately benefits the people.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
January 23, 2018, 09:42:18 PM
As has been mentioned, taxes are supposed to pay salaries of police, firemen, keep the roads maintained, and fund local schools. Taxes are an integral part of a civilized and governed society.

I don't always agree with taxes, I think there are always cases of bad people misusing tax dollars. There seems to be corruption in many local governments where tax dollars are stolen!!

Well, maybe that was known in your place and appreciate that too. For me when regards to the topic and the subject creator people agree to pay taxes because they wanted to legalized to the government the using of crypto- currencies world wide. And that's what i aim too. To have a peaceful mind and nothing to worry in making transaction because you have a participation of taxes in your country.
Activity: 17
January 23, 2018, 09:17:01 PM
As has been mentioned, taxes are supposed to pay salaries of police, firemen, keep the roads maintained, and fund local schools. Taxes are an integral part of a civilized and governed society.

I don't always agree with taxes, I think there are always cases of bad people misusing tax dollars. There seems to be corruption in many local governments where tax dollars are stolen!!
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
January 23, 2018, 07:50:48 PM
Because the taxes help to improve the community or the coubtry you are in. People has to contribute to the betterment of the society. For construction of road, health program and all.
MiF
Activity: 1400
Merit: 258
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
January 23, 2018, 05:27:12 PM
the govs render a bunch of good services: infrastructure, medicine, pension, low income support etc - the whole thing may crash without management ... without taxes
People really agree to pay taxes for good and it is also required by the goverment.But i think there is no harm on paying taxes  the only problem there is some  politician is  corrupting the said taxed that they collect from some business man investors etc,that is why the taxes that is said to be for infrastructure for medicine  for poverty etc. is slowly getting small or maybe few and slowly there will be no return to economy.
Activity: 117
Merit: 12
January 23, 2018, 04:26:28 PM
the govs render a bunch of good services: infrastructure, medicine, pension, low income support etc - the whole thing may crash without management ... without taxes
Activity: 124
January 23, 2018, 03:10:23 PM
As a good citizen must be a taxpayer ..
all are also useful for general purposes, such as road repairs and other infrastructure.
Activity: 434
January 23, 2018, 03:02:34 PM
The money you pay in taxes goes to many places. In addition to paying the salaries of government workers, your tax dollars also help to support common resources, such as police and firefighters. Tax money helps to ensure the roads you travel on are safe and well-maintained. Taxes fund public libraries and parks.i think so that people agree to pay taxes.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
January 23, 2018, 01:51:41 PM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.
The reason why people agrees to pay taxes because they have no choice to pay for it and it is according to the law. Only few people do not pay their taxes because it depends on the salary of a certain person. But if bitcoin started to pay taxes that will be unfair because bitcoin is not under by the government that is why we cannot pay taxes.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶
January 23, 2018, 01:29:50 PM
Because people have it, and you have no other choice. If you want to live in comfort, then you need to do this, otherwise it does not.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 01:20:26 PM
In my opinion, reasonable taxation is permissible because we compose groups, nations, and societies, and the operation of these requires funds, to be precise, the taxes we pay for protect ourselves.
Activity: 448
January 23, 2018, 12:13:51 PM
Well, I think people are already used to it, or they understand that this is true for the needs of the country, because without our taxes, as now it would not have been.
Activity: 29
January 23, 2018, 11:14:50 AM
People agree because it's easier to think about than having to make decisions themselves and get educated as a citizen.
Most people either want to 'focus on their job' all day(workaholics/artists who never stop working) or netflix and chill
i.e. people who don't like getting too involved politically or socially because it means 'working' outside of 'work. I say
this lightly, and mostly for the US, but my thoughts are that this is all a huge reward for those catering to these people,
since they don't go anywhere, learn anything new, or get involved in social or political causes(well, they don't get involved
deeply, they DID like some posts one time when their close friend posted some memes that really spoke to
them.

Customers that don't think keep buying stuff and stay loyal. Citizens that don't question why taxes are needed and where
the funds actually go are perfect citizens in an oligarchical society. Awareness is the first step to understanding, but
in the states we aren't even aware of who our state rep is most of the time, let alone what their pay is like and who's
lobbying to get them to vote this way or that way. Our whole system is belly up so the 1% can take all the white meat
they need. Just my 2 cents though.
Activity: 80
January 23, 2018, 11:04:00 AM
Because taxes arise as a logical consequence of living in a country. Where there is a country there is a tax. The state needs a source of revenue to finance its expenses, one of the sources of which is taxes.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
January 23, 2018, 10:55:47 AM
People agree to pay taxes because it is our responsiblity as a citizen of the country to pay in order for the government to build some infrastructure projects for the development of the nation. Other reasons where our taxes goes are for the benefits of the poor people that the government are helping them specially those who are sick and a calamity victims. If we do not pay taxes our government cannot stand because theres no fund to be use for some projects and as a salary of the government employees as well.
Activity: 5
January 23, 2018, 10:51:00 AM
Generally I think taxes are necessary but the Question is, hoch much power and influence do we have on their spending? For example, in the United States are living more than 47 Million people in poverty or are homeless, at the same time the gouverment is spending more than 700 Billion dollars for its military.

Activity: 504
Merit: 101
January 23, 2018, 10:43:35 AM
It's for the betterment of the country, we unite and pay our taxes in order to support the government with their projects such as roads, establishments, hospitals etc.

I agree.  Taxes are not just money given to the government to use as salary for its employees.  Morethan that taxes are used to give us a comfortable life.  To be secure and give us what we need in our lives.  Like you said, those taxes are used to build roafs, establishments, hospitals, and schools.
If we are given the chance not to pay tax, then we would be in the side not to do it, besides we can live even not paying taxes, but what about our country? Just to think about what could possibly happen if we don't pay tax. No government, no rules, no people would put in jail, no media, in short our country would be just like a hell.
Let should be thankful that those who have nothing in life and can't even work because of disability or illness has still chance in living because of our government who helps them to live.
Pages:
Jump to: