Pages:
Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 90. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 507
January 23, 2018, 10:32:35 AM
I believe the best way to understand it is reading about the theory of a "social contract" as defined by Jean Jacques Rousseau. That's why we agree to pay taxes.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
January 23, 2018, 10:19:12 AM
It's for the betterment of the country, we unite and pay our taxes in order to support the government with their projects such as roads, establishments, hospitals etc.

I agree.  Taxes are not just money given to the government to use as salary for its employees.  Morethan that taxes are used to give us a comfortable life.  To be secure and give us what we need in our lives.  Like you said, those taxes are used to build roafs, establishments, hospitals, and schools.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 23, 2018, 09:37:38 AM
I think there is no problem about government collecting taxes or citizen paying taxes.It is simply because government needs a money to sustain the expenditures of the country.The reason why citizen get good assistance and benefits to the government is because of paying taxes of the taxpayers.The government get funds to the taxes.
Activity: 28
January 23, 2018, 09:24:38 AM
It's for the betterment of the country, we unite and pay our taxes in order to support the government with their projects such as roads, establishments, hospitals etc.
Activity: 23
January 23, 2018, 08:36:35 AM
For me, the reason why people pay taxes, is to avail all the benefits that is given by the government .
Activity: 175
Merit: 23
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
January 23, 2018, 08:25:42 AM
Rules are rules, Laws are laws. Citizens should pay for taxes because it is stated in the law. It is not that we agree on paying taxes, it is compulsory. If no one pays , the government wont have the money to support our country and the government will fall. That's why we "need" to pay for taxes.

This is the reality and responsibility of every citizen living up to now. Paying taxes because that is our responsibility and also we are obliged. We can face different problems if we will not comply to the law or when we go against the law. This is how the world works.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 23, 2018, 07:43:27 AM
Mark Bond, of Norfolk, England was arrested in 2010 for non-payment of tax, despite handing police a "notice of intent" stating that he was no longer a UK citizen. He told police that the notice had already been delivered to the Queen and the prime minister. He told the local paper: "Today I asked the judge to walk into the court under common law and not commercial law. If I had entered under commercial law it would prove that I accepted its law. I was denied my rights to go in there." He was sentenced to three months custody, suspended on condition that he pay off the debt at £20 a week.
Its what an individual can do against powerful machine! Who can stand up against it, even people who do that suffer later.
Rules are rules, Laws are laws. Citizens should pay for taxes because it is stated in the law. It is not that we agree on paying taxes, it is compulsory. If no one pays , the government wont have the money to support our country and the government will fall. That's why we "need" to pay for taxes.
We pay taxes to have roads, hospitals, justice, protection, security, and many other things, problem comes when you pay tax and you don't have nothing from above, or you have but not cause of government, but they ask you to pay anyway, or to say they demand.
System is not fair for all of us, but people on the top are probably satisfied with current state, and many from tax is great source of income for people on right places, that's why we can't talk agree on nothing, this people will always find a way to divide us and continue to rule. We don't have other choices except to try to get rich and secure some good place in this jungle world.
Activity: 24
January 23, 2018, 07:34:42 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.
For me because its our responsibility to pay taxes if we not pay these taxes how can workers and other people get there money , so for me its not wrong if we pay taxes for those workers that workers very hard .
Activity: 358
Merit: 108
January 23, 2018, 07:23:59 AM
It's not always possible to pay taxes, because it's hard to trace the real name of the account owner in bitcointalk. org. except that the government will contact the exchange providers who will automatically deduct the transactions and go to the government account. it's worthy of tax.
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
January 23, 2018, 07:21:25 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.
there are so many reason out of it first of all there are so many wages in the world and in the government who will make their wages? i mean where will they get their amount of money to give on their  members of the government right of course from people. they can't serve without money so people agree to pay taxes.
Activity: 6
January 23, 2018, 07:09:52 AM
Activity: 70
January 23, 2018, 06:54:16 AM
People agree to pay taxes because its for our country to grow.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 06:18:35 AM
because that is a law, we pay taxes so government do thier job they make project for the people thru our taxes,if we did not pay our taxes our government are not strong enough to make thier project.
Activity: 69
January 23, 2018, 04:41:16 AM

It is stated in the law however it depends on the country you are living in. It is part of the constitution, it is done in order to fill up all the necessary budget of the govenrment,like building infrastructures and more.
Activity: 88
Merit: 18
January 23, 2018, 03:39:25 AM
It really depends on the jurisdiction you live in, circumstances do vary significantly.
Some places, government really works for the people by providing them with free good quality healthcare, free education, free public transport and so on using your tax money. Other places it is not the case so you will feel that it is not fair to pay anything although that jurisdiction may have instruments to track you and force you to pay.
Due to all of us not sharing same experience, we don't have enough cohesion elements to share same opinion on this thus denying us a chance for a unified strong action against all governments.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
January 22, 2018, 08:20:20 PM
I think they know that is for their good and also for their family. Taxes makes infrastructure, building, livelihood and other program for the people. Taxes makes improves our country's class. And for being employed, its always part of my salary deduction. I see what our government used my paid taxes.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
January 22, 2018, 07:45:17 PM
We pay taxes because the federal, state, and municipal governments enact tax laws. That tax revenue pays for government services. The federal government collects about the same as the state and local governments combined.
Activity: 117
January 22, 2018, 07:42:33 PM
People agree to pay taxes because it is our responsibility as a citizen of our country. It is the source of fund where the government get in order to build and make projects for the people and for the improvement of our country.
Activity: 63
January 22, 2018, 07:23:19 PM
Any good or service the government can provide, the free market can provide more efficiently.

Government is just lazy middle man in most cases. They don't build the roads or schools, they pay private companies to, but the government takes a cut.
And the gov makes a ton of dumb rules, and then pay themselves for it with money they took from you by force. how shitty is that?

Right now the money goes: People >> Government >> Companies

It should be: People >> Companies

Anything worth having is worth paying for yourself.
If you wouldn't pay for it, that is quite a statement because it means that good or service is worthless.
Activity: 24
January 22, 2018, 07:16:35 PM
Roads, expensive and mismanaged aren't free.
Pages:
Jump to: