Pages:
Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 9. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
July 22, 2018, 04:46:40 AM
I don't think people agree to pay nologists.Nobody asks us whether we want to or not.This is a concept built over the years, and we know from birth that there are taxes and have to pay.For us it is the norm.If taxes have wieli just the majority got used to the rally and refused to pay not realizing that.And so for many generations pays and we continue to pay
Activity: 136
Merit: 10
July 22, 2018, 04:34:33 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.
Paying tax is one way of supporting the government in making a better country. The money that use to pay tax is use bythe goverment  to build infrastructure, create services for their people.Without this how will government achieve the things they want for the country if there is no source of fund. Paying tax in our country is aligned in our constitutional law that every one should pay tax. Paid tax are being returned to the people in terms of services needed but some times the money is used on a wrong way by the politicians that benefits theirselves only.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
July 22, 2018, 04:29:39 AM
actually by paying taxes for your country it's the same you contribute to the development and infrastructure of your country so there is nothing wrong you pay taxes.
the wrong thing that happened here is the tax misuse, there are some parties who are not responsible for the taxes that have been collected
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
July 21, 2018, 08:55:33 PM
As far as I know taxes are paid for the country to prosper and provide better services for the citizens for example. schools and the poor. Clearly there are cases where there is corruption in government so the promised service is not provided. I think we can decide to fight, but that brings more chaos.

Tax is the lifeblood of the government, of very nations. It is use to build infrastructures,government services like healthcare,education,defense,subsidy needed by citizens also in return. As long as the services is okay,we cant complain but still corruption exists that drain our government funds which affects the services.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
July 21, 2018, 08:42:09 PM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

Every government has obligation to its people like providing basic services and needs, infrastructures, security and protections but how could they completely to provide them all if they don't have the resources to spend for all of these obligations? As citizens, it will be our obligation to pay the tax as required by the law so therefore we should give our contributions without hesitation with hope that they will always use our money for our own good.
Activity: 28
July 21, 2018, 08:21:27 PM
I pay my tax. I don't always like how the government spend it, but the basic idea of taxes is an idea is so successful. So I'm personally, support taxes as without taxes we would not have police, prisons, highways, emergency weather warning systems, utility infrastructure and all public services.
Activity: 161
July 21, 2018, 08:02:45 PM
As far as I know taxes are paid for the country to prosper and provide better services for the citizens for example. schools and the poor. Clearly there are cases where there is corruption in government so the promised service is not provided. I think we can decide to fight, but that brings more chaos.
Activity: 149
Merit: 12
July 21, 2018, 05:13:43 PM
I think they do pay taxes because it is their citizens debt and there's is no other way modern country can exist, modern economics are based on such sistems so there is no other choice.
Activity: 766
Merit: 509
July 21, 2018, 03:55:44 PM
Because it is more than obvious, at least, i would not want to have legal issues so far because of not paying taxes, they suck, but that is the way that this world works
Activity: 34
July 21, 2018, 03:45:34 PM
the only reason this works is because the citizens are unorganized and unarmed.
if people gather in groups of tens of people to protect each other against the government there is no way they could throw anyone in jail.
then we could say survival of the fittest...
Activity: 111
July 21, 2018, 02:59:11 PM

If we do not want to have a problem maybe we just have to obey the rules made by the government of your country. If you do not want to pay taxes you may be able to petition the government, although your petition may not be considered if only you who submit it. Paying taxes is not a very heavy thing then than that you probably do not need to do things like disagree with paying taxes.
Activity: 728
Merit: 350
Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities
July 21, 2018, 02:53:28 PM
actually I do not agree to pay taxes because I see many corrupt officials in my country, I do not want the money that I pay for the state tax used them for their own benefit

I guess this depends on the country, it sounds an unfortunate situation but in my country the taxman can command the army in collection of taxes.  They dont need a search warrant, nothing they just walk in and take everything.   Every other part of the law requires due process but the tax man he serves only the government.   I hope you live in a democratic country so you have some recourse but some of the most harsh laws are in favour of tax because they give government money to run.

I always mention Irwin Schiff because he should never be forgotten.   He died chained to a hospital bed while suffering late term cancer and blindness in one eye.   His crime was to write a book which USA government banned throughout the land.   One of two books to ever be banned from sale in every state of the USA.   The book was about how Federal taxes are illegal, about a century ago USA started income taxes and the Federal reserve.  90% of the dollar value has been lost since then and they are over 20 trillion in debt and its looking worse unfortunately.

These things are relevant to crypto because dollar decline is inverse to BTC and crypto overall.    Forget the tax, I suggest pay it but inflation also is a tax and you cannot avoid this except through alot of effort and perhaps crypto use Smiley

I still remember reading Irwin Schiff's book https://www.ebay.com/p/The-Biggest-Con-How-the-Government-Is-Fleecing-You-by-Irwin-A-Schiff-1977-Paperback/261714 back in the late 70s. Don't recall how it crossed my radar, but one way or another the read more or less influenced the path I took in life. FWIW, I don't consider myself a staunch Libertarian, leaning ~60 Conservative, embracing the quality aspects of all political affiliations.

I'm quoting the above passage to make mention of my sentiment upon reading Irwin's son's position on Bitcoin --> https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-skeptic-peter-schiff-to-joe-rogan-btc-will-plummet-voorhees-debate-rigged/. Odd, that Peter seems counter to his dad's belief, assuming the later would've been a formidable Bitcoiner.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
July 21, 2018, 05:14:11 AM
Everyone understands that the cost of the country comes from taxes, if nobody pays the tax then the state must get money from debt to the international and this will make the country remove subsidies and much needed public service.
it they get money from international debt, they must pay interest from this debt.and effect of this they willl reduce fund allocation for infrastrucutre developtment.
Activity: 324
July 21, 2018, 04:58:23 AM
I would like not to pay but how to do this. I think that it is impossible not to pay taxes because the government lives using the money that they get from people. the situation in the country will worsen
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
July 21, 2018, 04:43:48 AM
the state provides protection and regulation of various aspects of society. so we pay some money for it
Activity: 553
Merit: 250
July 21, 2018, 04:21:52 AM
Everyone understands that the cost of the country comes from taxes, if nobody pays the tax then the state must get money from debt to the international and this will make the country remove subsidies and much needed public service.
Activity: 220
July 21, 2018, 04:07:36 AM
Collect taxes to serve the country, if there is no tax, the country can not survive. So everyone agrees to pay taxes to the government. I think the government should reduce taxes for the poor.
Activity: 434
July 21, 2018, 04:06:51 AM
The burden of paying the taxes always fall on the working class. The rich people get most of their income in the form of dividends and capital gains and for them they pay far lower taxes than the common people. There should be uniform tax level for everyone in the planet.
It's correct. Tax collection is imperative for every country to implement the law. It will be a burden for the working class. And high-income people and low taxes are not a big deal for the rich. So in my opinion, it is a good idea to collect taxes in the most fair way possible for everyone to be fair. Community values are increasing and progressing. I think it would be more reasonable.
Activity: 269
Decentralized Transportation Solution
July 21, 2018, 03:47:03 AM
People agree to pay taxes because first of all only their country will be the beneficiaries of it. Taxes is for the sake of their country and also for the economy too. When one's country grows their ecomony it symbolizes that there is a change between the taxes collection it symbolizes also that there are many people of that particular country will have jobs.
Activity: 579
Merit: 309
July 21, 2018, 03:37:18 AM
I think paying taxes is a duty that will make us feel lucky, if paying taxes then we get ease in all business especially business and investment, and by paying taxes then we will easily get the ease of lending from banks.
Pages:
Jump to: