Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people believe in religion? - page 4. (Read 19593 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
June 20, 2017, 09:21:13 PM
Religion is a big part of our community, there are plenty of reasons why religion is important to all of us. Religion from my perspective is created so that, all of us people are united and can understand and respect each other. Truthfully, im not a very religous person myself, but i am affiliated to one, because i know that religion keeps us unified to each other. I too, have questioned my religion multiple times, "does this really exist or does that really happen?" (I am not pertaining to any religion) In my own personal belief and opinion, religion is only made by people from the old days to stop the peoples war or violence to each other, religion is created so that equality of people will be possible, religion is the reason why people from all around the world are at peace. We believe in a specific set of rules or law that are made to give us a positive point of view to our actions. These rules or law are made so all people will know what they must or must not do in order to respect their religion. In almost all religion, God/Gods are made, there is one reason for creating God/Gods in my opinion, God/Gods are created in order for the community to be commited to joining only in one religion, another reason for creating God/Gods, is it will affect how people will see the outcome of their actions, they will mostly do what is right for them according to which religion they are from. That is all. For me, i have an openmind, i believe in my religion, but at the same time, i also think if what im believing is believable or not(you get what im saying, right?). So for me i will just keep on having an openmind and learn about the truth and facts from  religions all over the world. (I mostly believe in facts, rather than fiction).
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 20, 2017, 07:49:04 PM
So you are against the system? Yeah, me too. I don't have problem with lots of religions existing, but it's hard to know that sometimes they are used to control people.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 20, 2017, 02:37:27 PM
religion is opium for the peoples said by kaiser willhelm of German Empire

people need to belive in something, they belive in it so strongly they would kill for it. seen on tv nearly every day by now

This is a good religion you have when you say these things. It helps people to understand about religion in general.

Cool
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
June 20, 2017, 02:29:25 PM
religion is opium for the peoples said by kaiser willhelm of German Empire

people need to belive in something, they belive in it so strongly they would kill for it. seen on tv nearly every day by now
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 20, 2017, 02:21:49 PM
Dude, people can believe in anything. Thinking and imagination process is the reason we're able to do this with any topic.

It also shows that a person's religion is anything that he believes in. Religion doesn't have to be an organized body of people.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
June 13, 2017, 09:46:22 AM
My opinion, because they are mostly inept, ignorant
It's not the only reason. Believe in God people who are not confident. Man is so constituted that he needs something to believe in. Normal people believe in themselves and insecure people believing in God, to blaming him for your failures in life.

It is a hobby for most people.  Way to socialize with other hobbyists.

It does not matter that it is a complete nonsense, it fulfills their need to belong to something bigger....

Tribalism at its best.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
June 20, 2017, 02:19:49 PM
Dude, people can believe in anything. Thinking and imagination process is the reason we're able to do this with any topic.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
June 20, 2017, 12:58:44 PM
Being a Hindu, I must say that religion is extremely important for me. And being a victim of religious persecution, I can't imagine a life without my Hindu identity. Two decades ago, my family was driven away from the Indian state of Mizoram, for refusing to convert to Christianity. We lost our house and property, but we stayed loyal to our religion. Even after two decades, we can't go back to our village. 
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
June 20, 2017, 10:17:08 AM
Because most humans are born religious. Religion is inherited from parents, and parents teach religious teachings. Introduced to the scriptures, all are taught to finally believe. But for those who do not believe it is their life choice. But the risks that exist must be ready to bear.

It's fact that religion is mostly inherited from the parents but such faith is usually only traditional, related to certain religious holidays.
Such religion is part of culture and tradition and has nothing to do with true faith.
People who are looking for a sense of life and a higher purpose, who feel that life is something more, become true believers.
It's also answer why people believe in religion. 
First group of people just follow tradition but second group really trying to live according to their faith.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
June 20, 2017, 10:10:26 AM
Because most humans are born religious. Religion is inherited from parents, and parents teach religious teachings. Introduced to the scriptures, all are taught to finally believe. But for those who do not believe it is their life choice. But the risks that exist must be ready to bear.
What you said about inheriting a religious beliefs from parents, that is right and i agree with that too. And you are right when you say that believing or not is a persons choice, just their own. I have religious parents, and they thought me all they know and believe, on some parts i agree with them, but i did not found salvation or peace in religion. That is why i moved on in finding something to believe in, not a religion necessarily. Life is full of choices, and it is up to us to decide what we want to do. But i am not sure what did you mean when you said "But the risks that exist must be ready to bear."? Risk of not believing?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
= jasad =
June 19, 2017, 11:55:10 PM
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
June 19, 2017, 11:37:56 PM
because they can find a peace in a religion.
not just for believe but they found a reason why should they believe in a god, as a muslim we learn qur'an as our book guidance, and we found the truth there.   
Because they believe in God, so they want to be close to almighty one. By attending in the church together with their brother's and sister's
all of them are happy together serving the Lord.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
ZUFLO and only ZUFLO
June 15, 2017, 07:20:53 AM
i explained to myself all that in these 4 lines:
........... evolution .... aesthetics .... almighty god .... morality .... secular god
technology <<-perfectgoodier>goodiest>divine ->> morality
... profanistsspam>slam>genialists>divinists ....
broadest definition of the word "god" is: "god is anything that is mssing"
................................................................... thanks
Activity: 273
Merit: 10
June 15, 2017, 07:08:03 AM
In my opinion, religion is the reason that why we understand each other.
Our world have a many religion but they're all saying thats have a God that create the world.

Yes i also think so.
Religion makes one understand each other even though it is not our siblings.
That is what makes me believe religion to understand each other, to love, always invite me to do good to someone.
Activity: 280
June 15, 2017, 04:51:32 AM
Because some faith comes from religion some people ease their pain by religion. they believe if their time comes they will be saved by their gods.
Activity: 132
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
June 15, 2017, 04:44:32 AM
Well, people believeon religion because they have faith that there is god that made us and all things in this world, that there is God that guide and love us even we're sinful.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
June 15, 2017, 04:29:02 AM
I think what really the believers are very few. For me criterion of a believer is not something to which religion he classifies himself, and by his actions. They only say they believe in God, and do every day commit many sins.

Very good point Smiley
I think People ''feel'' that there is something much more important than them, other reality.
They can't explain so many things in their lives and wants to be connected with ''higher'' reality, origin, creator or God.
Religion require self discipline and responsibility and most people don't have such qualities.
Still, they wants to be part of higher reality, with hope that such connection will benefit their lives.
Yes, they commit sins every day but can we say that anybody is perfect, without sin?
If religion at least affects people to be a little better persons, then religion is already fulfilling its purpose.

Activity: 574
Merit: 506
June 15, 2017, 12:46:13 AM
The contributions of genes and environment to religiosity have been quantified in studies of twins (Bouchard et al., 1999; Kirk et al., 1999) and sociological studies of welfare, availability, and legal regulations (state religions, etc.).

Koenig et al. (2005) report that the contribution of genes to variation in religiosity (called heritability) increases from 12% to 44% and the contribution of shared (family) effects decreases from 56% to 18% between adolescence and adulthood.

This would all indicate, that in environment where religious people do have more children (modern west) and starting of family is a choice (modern west), desecularization will be direct result. Atheists will (un)breed themselves to extinction.
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
June 14, 2017, 07:53:01 PM
I think what really the believers are very few. For me criterion of a believer is not something to which religion he classifies himself, and by his actions. They only say they believe in God, and do every day commit many sins.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 14, 2017, 11:50:04 AM
I think we all like miracles and someone else to help us (we are praying to God),because there is always hope and because we are week.It's something like Santa Clause we are all happy because someone good guy love us and will give us a present if we are behaving good, and if we already know that there is no Santa/God we are keep trying and ask more help/present because we have nothing to loose against we will receive and receive without to give.At least some people are happy with this.Thank you mom and dad for my Christmas presents!
(Sorry I don't know good english but I am trying..)
Pages:
Jump to: