Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people believe in religion? - page 6. (Read 19593 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 11, 2017, 08:54:41 AM
There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

Many people can not even explain their religion and why they are trying to believe in it, because they were forced into their childhood as a tradition of their ancestors.

And tradition is good, because it works... except for the people who have died in the wars their traditions cause. This can be any people, people of formal religions, or people of informal ones.

Cool
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
June 11, 2017, 08:48:05 AM
There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

Many people can not even explain their religion and why they are trying to believe in it, because they were forced into their childhood as a tradition of their ancestors.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
June 10, 2017, 02:11:48 PM
Because of having faith on it, people are always seeking peace, so religion can only refer the way of beautiful meaning of life, it's a total package of human life, so many people believe in religion.
Every religion shows us the perfect way of Life, it always suggests us to maintain our life in a disciplinary way.so it is vital platform for human being.
Activity: 138
June 10, 2017, 01:45:46 PM

Because they need to believe in something to strive for their goals, to develop, not to commit any acts banned by their religion.

You can achieve goals without religion. And some goals are contrary to religion. For example, I want to be rich. But the Christian believes that living in luxury is a sin.
Christianity today is very peculiar. If you change all that was happening in the eighteenth century before the 19, 20, 21 century - This is another church and another religion. Especially today when the holy fathers ride a Mercedes and wear watches for $ 20,000. What kind of role-playing is very hard to believe.

Now Christians themselves contradict their religion, because it really calls everyone to be modest, but many Christians are too rich, including priests.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
June 10, 2017, 01:16:03 PM
Because people like to talk to themselves and need a friend called GOD..

Well it stops them thinking they are MAD ..
No one likes to admit we like having a good old talk to ourselves ..
Always blame god       always ask god      always ask god for forgiveness ..

Thanks god for this food..Now why do people do that?..

Because your thinking if i say thanks to god he will give us some more..
Asking god for more food..

So why say thanks to god then..
If it's not more food it's a ticket into heaven ..

You love god because you want something.. Wink

And if you say it's not it's to be KIND ..

Ok so how kind can a poor person be?..
Not likely to get anything .

And the American bible crazies hates sharing ..

Oh god help me
Now why should god give something to you and not me?..
Do you pray harder than me?..

So it's about a competition to see who can pray the hardest gets the best love from god as in help.

Well if you win something IT'S GOD..
If you become something good IT'S GOD..

So what about the people who pray and still get no help and are dying..?

Nigerian church collapse kills at least 160 worshippers – reports ...
https://www.theguardian.com › World › Nigeria
10 Dec 2016 - The roof of a church collapsed on to worshippers in southern Nigeria, killing at least 160 people with the toll likely to rise, according to a .

YOUR GODS have a funny sense of humour ..
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL
June 10, 2017, 12:58:25 PM

Because they need to believe in something to strive for their goals, to develop, not to commit any acts banned by their religion.

You can achieve goals without religion. And some goals are contrary to religion. For example, I want to be rich. But the Christian believes that living in luxury is a sin.
Christianity today is very peculiar. If you change all that was happening in the eighteenth century before the 19, 20, 21 century - This is another church and another religion. Especially today when the holy fathers ride a Mercedes and wear watches for $ 20,000. What kind of role-playing is very hard to believe.
Activity: 602
June 10, 2017, 12:46:44 PM

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
June 10, 2017, 12:01:16 PM

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
June 10, 2017, 08:58:22 AM
The main reason why people believe in religion is because of their GOD.  Like me a am a roman catholic, I love my religion. Faith will keep your life meaningful and it feels like someone is guiding you. Some of the people trust their own religion for them they see it as light that will keep them safe from any harm or struggles they will conquer. There are many types of religion different beliefs but has only one God.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 10, 2017, 08:40:13 AM
A bit of a weird question isn't it.
People believe because they believe...

And all in all there is more we don't know than we do know. Take Dark Matter for example. Reasonably recently discovered, however there is more of it than there is matter!

And we don't even know about gravity theory. There is a scientist who looked at gravity in atoms and molecules, and found that standard, Einstein gravity theory is wrong. His new gravity theory eliminates dark mater because of the way gravity works and doesn't work.

Standard gravity theory is the thing that predicts that dark matter exists. But this theory doesn't show how micro-gravity works between atoms and molecoues and the parts of the atoms.

The new gravity theory matches how the atoms and molecules behave, as well as how regular gravity works. It also eliminates dark matter, wich hasn't really ever been seen, but is only predicted by standard gravity theory.

Does this new theory of gravity finally explain dark matter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_AlkpbrP0g

Cool
Activity: 294
June 10, 2017, 08:07:14 AM
A bit of a weird question isn't it.
People believe because they believe...

And all in all there is more we don't know than we do know. Take Dark Matter for example. Reasonably recently discovered, however there is more of it than there is matter!
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
June 10, 2017, 08:02:26 AM
It is because religion has been a part of our lives since we are born in this world. This has been the tradition we have inherited from the past generations that is still continuosly spreading worldwide and many people say that religion unites the people with the same beliefs and way of worshiping in the God they are believing. But the sad truth is many religious people are over powering or discriminating the beliefs of other religions and they keep on pushing that what they believe must be based on what those mindful people know about the bible.

It's true that religion is part of our tradition and history, but it's even much more.
Many religious movements was inspired by God or revelations.
Many religious people was inspired by God or revelations to do great things for humankind.
Religion should help connect people with their creator, God and give them guidance in life of faith.
Unfortunately, it seems that today many religions lost this goal and purpose and became regular social groups, no so much spiritual any more.
It's very sad to see something liker this.
People believe in religion because they believe in God.
Activity: 228
June 10, 2017, 07:36:06 AM

Because since childhood, parents have imposed religion of the region in which they live and only adults have realized that religion in the modern world is useless.
Activity: 238
June 10, 2017, 07:33:02 AM
It is because religion has been a part of our lives since we are born in this world. This has been the tradition we have inherited from the past generations that is still continuosly spreading worldwide and many people say that religion unites the people with the same beliefs and way of worshiping in the God they are believing. But the sad truth is many religious people are over powering or discriminating the beliefs of other religions and they keep on pushing that what they believe must be based on what those mindful people know about the bible.
Activity: 658
Merit: 254
For campaign management, please pm me.
June 10, 2017, 06:45:00 AM
Why do they still believe in religion.
It is not because people are uneducated as what some says here. I know many well-educated and successful people that has and practice their religion. It is because when you believe, even if it is abstract; it feels like you are holding into something concrete. You hope that these/this God/s will do something great. That there is something destined for you after all.

I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.
I don't see the connection between having the information quickly and religion. The good thing about religion is similar to most other group out there only that they believe in God and other groups do not. But they have a commin denominator, when you are in religion you don't feel alone and you feel the support of other in the same belief system.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
June 10, 2017, 06:33:04 AM
Because they get taught religion from a young age, oftern
In most cases that is true, but i do not think that is the only reason why. I think that all humans in deep have hope, and from that comes religion, and when i say religion i mean believing in higher power. Sometime when people are powerless they tend to ask God for help, and start praying. In that moment most of people find they do believe in God.
Activity: 203
June 08, 2017, 11:15:50 PM
Perhaps they are trying to avoid responsibility for bad decisions. When they turn to God, they unconsciously feel support and I hope it will help them in their request. I do not believe in God and therefore do not understand these people. But their right and for me the most important thing for religion is not called for hatred.
Activity: 208
DocTailor ICO:
June 08, 2017, 10:39:00 PM
because they can find a peace in a religion.
not just for believe but they found a reason why should they believe in a god, as a muslim we learn qur'an as our book guidance, and we found the truth there.   
Activity: 631
Merit: 258
June 08, 2017, 10:00:20 PM
Because they get taught religion from a young age, oftern
Activity: 231
Merit: 102
June 08, 2017, 06:53:43 PM
Yes, because people don't understand many things. But also because human is vulnerable, not just physically but mentally too. They beleive in god because they hope that there is someone who cares for them, and who will give them better life after this one, especially to those that have hard life. THere is lot of poor people, and they beleive in some kind of god most.
Pages:
Jump to: