Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people believe in religion? - page 10. (Read 19593 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 16, 2017, 10:41:21 AM
Because the time when we where born it is already existed. Its like we are belong to a pack (religion). As long it serves us for our purpose to be in line with our human existence its all good.

Religion has been imposed since childhood on the place of birth, but in the modern world people no longer need to be slaves to religion.
We are not in the medieval age anymore, the church have less and less power than before thanks to the information era that we are now.

According to the definition of religion (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t), your way of life is your personal religion.

Cool

Puddleduck, you make me laugh. You are such a funny little fellow.

You strive so very hard for people to be religious.

Is everyone having a religion really so important to you? The fact that you make everything a religion totally minimalises your religion and makes it no more exciting than watching paint dry.

Please keep throwing the threats of "........ is your religion" around it makes me laugh.

That's an interesting religion you have there... according to the definition of "religion," of course.

Cool
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
May 16, 2017, 09:15:55 AM
Because there is too many mysteries that remains unrevealed, we people believe what we see, but sometimes we believe what did our ancestors sayings and beliefs. We normally can't get things like after life, existence of other creature, and the last thing that have been in people's mind is the unusual drawings of our ancestors.

I agree with it.
People are simply search for protection.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
May 16, 2017, 08:11:58 AM
Believing in religion is nothing but having a right path to follow.all the religion have the same teachings.It leads you into doing all good deeds.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
May 16, 2017, 04:27:11 AM
Because the time when we where born it is already existed. Its like we are belong to a pack (religion). As long it serves us for our purpose to be in line with our human existence its all good.

Religion has been imposed since childhood on the place of birth, but in the modern world people no longer need to be slaves to religion.
We are not in the medieval age anymore, the church have less and less power than before thanks to the information era that we are now.

According to the definition of religion (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t), your way of life is your personal religion.

Cool

Puddleduck, you make me laugh. You are such a funny little fellow.

You strive so very hard for people to be religious.

Is everyone having a religion really so important to you? The fact that you make everything a religion totally minimalises your religion and makes it no more exciting than watching paint dry.

Please keep throwing the threats of "........ is your religion" around it makes me laugh.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
May 12, 2017, 10:17:09 AM
Because our religion can know the rules of life and know how to be ethical.

You must be a wild animal if you need a Bronze Age book to tell you what is moral or ethical.

Most stuff in the Bible is either ridiculous or flat out illegal.
Funny I agree, and what is illegal you found in the Bible? It seems to me that the Bible is just a historical fiction story about how evolved human relationships. I don't understand why she give such a value?

Oh, I don't know, killing, stoning, cutting off hands, plucking out eyes, slavery, genocide.  All of it is illegal today.

You want more examples? Here are some:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crazy-shit-bible-says-crazy-shit-christians-say-1367154

legendary
May 15, 2017, 06:42:22 PM

Cool
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
May 15, 2017, 04:52:00 PM

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
May 12, 2017, 08:52:01 AM

You must be a wild animal if you need a Bronze Age book to tell you what is moral or ethical.

Activity: 172
May 15, 2017, 02:51:35 PM

Activity: 663
May 13, 2017, 03:37:23 PM
Activity: 143
May 13, 2017, 11:28:59 AM
is not otherwise? why people do not believe in religion? Religion is the source of everything. Sources of law, the source of knowledge, the source of morality. Everything we do is in law on religion, all of which we know exists and is derived from the science of religion, all we do there are rules in religion. So why people do not believe in religion?

Best answer on the question imo
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
May 13, 2017, 08:47:33 AM
Tradition?
Culture?
Society you live in?
The thing is many people grow up with a religious parents and as they grow up they've accumulated the same belief thir parents have and that why they have a religion. When they grow up it's up to them to realize what will they do or if they will change religion or believe in nothing. I'm a believer in God not just because I came from a religious family but because I feel that there is something Devine out there that can't comprehend by human understanding.

I'm sure that there are many more reasons why people believe in God.
For many people it's way of life, or very important part of life.
There are many new people joining churches every day.
Why?
Most of them feel ''empty'' from everyday daily routine, work, eat, sleep, and work again.
They feel that life is much more than just to work for money.
Don't forget that religion give us values in our life, absolute, unchangeable values.
In modern society everything is relative and changeable.
People search for something stable and absolute.
Activity: 193
May 13, 2017, 07:48:33 AM
Tradition?
Culture?
Society you live in?
The thing is many people grow up with a religious parents and as they grow up they've accumulated the same belief thir parents have and that why they have a religion. When they grow up it's up to them to realize what will they do or if they will change religion or believe in nothing. I'm a believer in God not just because I came from a religious family but because I feel that there is something Devine out there that can't comprehend by human understanding.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
May 13, 2017, 01:04:54 AM
When no one stands with you then it is your religion that stands with you and supports you. Many people are there who blindly beliefs in religion and hurt people in terms of religion which is wrong. Instead every religion is same which taught us to live a happy life and never hurts the sentiments of any another person.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
May 12, 2017, 02:34:13 PM
Religion helps us to deal with our problems and show us numerous ways to live through them. Even if religion is a lie, Then its the best lie ever.

It may not be a necessity to the people but it gives a certain amount of strength. I'm talking about blindly following someone over a series of lies, am talking about a hope when you're down.
Yes you guys are totally right. Religion or believing can be a really powerful thing to help people get over some really bad and hard things. I have meet some people that had some hard time in there life, and they found great help in religion and teachings of same. And i do not mean blindly following either. They are really nice and good people, i am glad they found meaning to go on.
legendary
May 12, 2017, 10:29:41 AM

Funny I agree, and what is illegal you found in the Bible? It seems to me that the Bible is just a historical fiction story about how evolved human relationships. I don't understand why she give such a value?

Oh, I don't know, killing, stoning, cutting off hands, plucking out eyes, slavery, genocide.  All of it is illegal today.

You want more examples? Here are some:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crazy-shit-bible-says-crazy-shit-christians-say-1367154

That doesn't stop cops, the Government, and the military from doing things like this. But the Bible speaks against doing them.

Cool
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency
May 12, 2017, 09:21:02 AM

Activity: 560
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 12, 2017, 08:21:24 AM
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
May 08, 2017, 12:20:38 PM
I think that thus people try to avoid responsibility for bad decisions. When they turn to God they subconsciously feel the support and I hope that it will help them in their request. I don't believe in God and therefore don't understand these people. But it is their right and for me the most important thing to religion is not called to hatred.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
May 08, 2017, 12:10:10 PM
Religion helps us to deal with our problems and show us numerous ways to live through them. Even if religion is a lie, Then its the best lie ever.

It may not be a necessity to the people but it gives a certain amount of strength. I'm talking about blindly following someone over a series of lies, am talking about a hope when you're down.
Pages:
Jump to: