Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people believe in religion? - page 7. (Read 19593 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
June 08, 2017, 08:39:50 AM
There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

People believe in religion because they think that religion can save them from punishment. They thought that the religion is the key to be saved, but in some beliefs, religion can't save you, it's your relationship to God that matters.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
June 08, 2017, 02:18:27 AM
Because religion is a way of life, a religion that makes us not lead a life carelessly. Religion is inherited from parents, parents guide their children according to religious rules. Religions that always make us remember sin, and make us more careful in doing something. All religions teach good things, why do people not believe in good things? All bad things come from people, not from religion.
Activity: 239
Merit: 0
June 08, 2017, 02:00:46 AM
There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

Because they are uneducated.

Whether you can prove if people who have a religion are not educated.

I think why people are religious
Because there are still many people in this earth can not solve the mystery of the mystery of God's creation.

This is something that is so far from the truth it's possible disgusting in nature when you go ahead and think about it. Look at it like this, the world really isn't a wonderful place and people need something to look forward to / to believe in.

People need to feel their is reason behind everything that occurs in their day to day lives which are usually rather shitty, for most people. A good amount of both uneducated people and educated people believe in religion.
[/quote]
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 20, 2017, 08:00:37 PM
religion was made by those people who wants to profit with it. Religion divides the unity in this whole world. I only believe at our creator.

Yes, before religion was created perhaps for this purpose, but now it does not make sense anymore, as everything can be explained with the help of science, but with God it's possible to use your words and good deeds.

I agree. Sometimes, religion, with it's purpose of gathering people to it's teachings, makes a bigger separation and differences among people. Just look at how many religions we have today. And even at this time, new religions are still being started. Some of these religions differ on how they understand the bible or the koran. I mean come on. It's the same book with the same principles. So for me, being an adult, just do what you know what is right and respect other people. That's basically what will define you in the end.

Yes you're right, every religious books have only one message, love God, but what matters is, that you choose a religion that is your best way to love God, like you are doing. Smiley

But you should know, that is dangerous out there, without a protection. Even after you die, God will protect you, if you surrender to him.

the only trick is to remember him and never forget him. Jay Sri Krishna.

Amen.

But DO step up to the miracle info from God... the Bible.

Cool
Activity: 453
Merit: 100
May 20, 2017, 10:29:02 AM
religion was made by those people who wants to profit with it. Religion divides the unity in this whole world. I only believe at our creator.

Yes, before religion was created perhaps for this purpose, but now it does not make sense anymore, as everything can be explained with the help of science, but with God it's possible to use your words and good deeds.

I agree. Sometimes, religion, with it's purpose of gathering people to it's teachings, makes a bigger separation and differences among people. Just look at how many religions we have today. And even at this time, new religions are still being started. Some of these religions differ on how they understand the bible or the koran. I mean come on. It's the same book with the same principles. So for me, being an adult, just do what you know what is right and respect other people. That's basically what will define you in the end.

Yes you're right, every religious books have only one message, love God, but what matters is, that you choose a religion that is your best way to love God, like you are doing. Smiley

But you should know, that is dangerous out there, without a protection. Even after you die, God will protect you, if you surrender to him.

the only trick is to remember him and never forget him. Jay Sri Krishna.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 20, 2017, 09:48:37 AM

Activity: 196
May 20, 2017, 07:18:53 AM

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
May 20, 2017, 07:09:37 AM

It seems that you have some negative experience with religion.
Yes, some religious representatives did bad things in the past, but many more religious people did great things for their communities like charity work, building hospitals, shelters for homeless people, building schools etc.
They all was inspired by God and their religion.
So, before we judge something, we should look at results, fruits of their work.
So, why do people believe in religion?
Because they want to connect with their origin or creator, with God.
Since we are fallen people and we lost connections with god, we need guidance and help how to connect with God again.
God is about love and care for others, not hatred or selfishness.
Because of it, religious people are always inspired to love others, help others...

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
May 20, 2017, 04:04:19 AM
Activity: 588
Merit: 351
May 20, 2017, 01:15:27 AM

Because lot of people all around the world believed that through religions, they come closely to God.
And with it they felt that God is always close to them and help in time of needs.

I agree with your opinion there, and people often think that religion will do the salvation and as what i can see mostly that people are worshiping the religion more than GOD.

In my own belief if you're no longer comfortable and you feel uneasy on what is your religion doing, don't imitate what they are doing for each one of us have different beliefs on how to worship GOD so other persons advocacy doesn't matter at all as long as you are worshiping GOD in a good way not in bad.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
May 19, 2017, 09:51:09 PM

Because lot of people all around the world believed that through religions, they come closely to God.
And with it they felt that God is always close to them and help in time of needs.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
May 18, 2017, 07:33:29 AM
Because I want to free my sould and drain all the sin inside me. With religion, this is much easier to get rid of all the sin.

no religion doesn't do any of that. religion is based on how a certain someone a teaching and a group or congregation decides to follow that person. if you want to make up for your mistakes, do it on your own accord, you don't need a religion to do that. respect and do what you know is right as an adult.

You might be mistaking religion with cults (including secular ones like feminism or communism).

Religion is first and foremost a belief system, that instills values in people, therefore shaping their culture.

The guy above you got it right. He is making his own decision, yet unlike you has advantage of falling back on moral compass that can guide him whenever he feels lost. And everybody was at one time or another lost.

Your brain is slave to your body, it doesnt tell to leave married woman alone or not to steal. Values that you promised to protect do.

Bible is specific in this case as it sees life of every individual as long struggle with temptation, promising rewards to those, who are strong enough to rise above mere animals with enlarged brain case.

Now only those who are not sufficiently informed in the field of science can believe in religion and can not find an explanation for all things.

So tell me, why are you here, sir? I mean on Earth, not this thread in particular. What do you do here and what is your purpose?

The belief that we can understand life through science alone is like trying to understand a desert by counting every single stone and pebble in it.

You can try to google it, though. Good luck.
The belief that we can understand life through science alone is like trying to understand a desert by counting every single stone and pebble in it. WHY?.

understand life through science..How else will we understand life   make shit up?.. < .RELIGION.

Science is the only way to understand life..

by counting every single stone and pebble.
Darwin is the daddy Grin..

- Then why dont you understand life? Did you fail your science exam? Good, that old scholars of Greece and Rome werent dependant on public education system then.

"Darwin is the daddy"

Mr. Charles Darwin was anglican christian while he developed his theory. Get that through that thick skull of yours.

He was born into religion. Like the rest of the population.  He did what he did despite of his religion, not because of it.
Activity: 139
Merit: 20
May 19, 2017, 08:11:40 PM
Throughout history main factors were fear, search for power, force, stupidity, etc.
The biggest reason now is because they were taught so when they were young. They grow up believing in something and if they close their eyes to everything else for long enough, they will stay religious.

No gods, no masters.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
May 19, 2017, 07:33:43 PM
because they need to believed in religion that will saved them soon but to be honest for me i don't believed that religion can save people it was our faith to All might God who are controlling everything that what will happens to each and everyone.
legendary
May 19, 2017, 05:06:13 PM

Because religion loves peace

If there is no religion in this world there will be world war 3

On the contrary, religions kindle wars among themselves and very often they are mass hemorrhages ostensibly for the benefit of their religion.

Same thing that non-religion does... WW2, Stalin, many more.

Cool

Religion as well as the cult of personality are created in order to easily manage people. People are inspired with fear and guilt. And because of this they become easy to manage. And this is very convenient for the government

Yes, it is very convenient to manage people who do not know how to think independently and receive all the answers with the help of science.
There is this sentence that i remembered just not while reading and it goes something like this: Where science ends, religion begins. For now science can not prove everything, and that is why there are still people who believe in some things that are rather... funny. But not all religious people are blind sheeps that follow.

When you look at all the things that are there to be proven, science barely scratches the surface. Better to look at the religions, which give you an overview of the things that science will never be proving for thousands of years to come.

Cool
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
May 19, 2017, 01:52:21 PM
There is nothing better than a religion does. If something else is found people would have followed that. But what we got is the religion. We believe, because it make a person live righteously and make others live righteously.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
May 19, 2017, 12:51:06 PM

On the contrary, religions kindle wars among themselves and very often they are mass hemorrhages ostensibly for the benefit of their religion.

Cool

Religion as well as the cult of personality are created in order to easily manage people. People are inspired with fear and guilt. And because of this they become easy to manage. And this is very convenient for the government

Yes, it is very convenient to manage people who do not know how to think independently and receive all the answers with the help of science.
There is this sentence that i remembered just not while reading and it goes something like this: Where science ends, religion begins. For now science can not prove everything, and that is why there are still people who believe in some things that are rather... funny. But not all religious people are blind sheeps that follow.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
May 19, 2017, 08:43:15 AM

Cool

Activity: 262
May 19, 2017, 07:49:09 AM

Cool

legendary
May 19, 2017, 06:19:51 AM

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: