Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low - page 22. (Read 2442 times)

Activity: 219
Merit: 0
March 17, 2018, 11:29:59 AM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
People will buy high sell low because they dont have a strategy in terms of knowing the volatile movement.Or maybe because they emergency need money to buy somethings very important thats why they force to sell their holdings.
This is because your psychology is not good. When the market is falling too fast this makes you scared and you have sold out what you are. And the people who have psychological fear as you, have sold together BTC and this is the reason for the price of BTC is down.
Activity: 264
Merit: 10
March 17, 2018, 11:20:14 AM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
People will buy high sell low because they dont have a strategy in terms of knowing the volatile movement.Or maybe because they emergency need money to buy somethings very important thats why they force to sell their holdings.
Activity: 420
Merit: 50
March 17, 2018, 10:55:17 AM
I think it's normal for newbies in crypto world that you panic selling when all coins huge down, just like me when I was newbie, but I learned the lessons that we should have patience, the knowledge about cryptocurrency and the strategy so you will become successful trader or investor.  
It is considered as a panic selling on bitcoin. Others are too rush in terms of transaction so better to be think wisely and learned more about the transaction site how it goes in order to be success and have a profit when selling those bitcoins.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
March 17, 2018, 10:13:08 AM
I think it's normal for newbies in crypto world that you panic selling when all coins huge down, just like me when I was newbie, but I learned the lessons that we should have patience, the knowledge about cryptocurrency and the strategy so you will become successful trader or investor.  
Activity: 140
March 17, 2018, 10:13:02 AM
maybe your reason is a bit acceptable or reasonable, but for me people who buy expensive and sell cheap because do not know how to work bitcoin, even some people sell cheap because of panic after hearing bad issue of crypto ..
Activity: 182
March 17, 2018, 10:12:01 AM

Thanks, guys!
I think people like this are too excited and too rash. They buy high prices because they believe Bitcoin prices will rise higher than the capital they spend. But in fact, when the price dropped, they panicked and eventually sold Bitcoin that they have with the goal so as not to lose too much for fear the price could drop more drastically. Maybe this is my translation.
Activity: 196
March 17, 2018, 09:35:28 AM

Thanks guys!
I think your reason is also the main reason of all the peoples who buy high and sell low prices because they also want to cut bigger potential losses if the prices of their holdings continue to decrease. For that is the best you can do to avoid lossing all your investment.
Activity: 645
Merit: 145
March 17, 2018, 09:21:16 AM
That happen to the people with low knowledge about bitcoin. Most of them probably heard for bitcoin on news when bitcoin already hit $19 000 , so they thinking that if they invest now that they will get huge profit.. Then bitcoin drop to $10 000 and people start panic sell because they heard on news that it's over and bitcoin goes back to $1000 , so they take only $9000 lose per bitcoin.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
March 17, 2018, 04:22:22 AM

Thanks guys!

I think that's a classic case of panic, plain and simple. Panic and desperation overpowered your capacity
and strategy to counter a red day in cryptocurrency. Some have better reasons than others, whatever
reasons one must have, we should all respect that. A good lesson should be there somewhere, In this
venture, most of us aim to profit and look only forward to a green day. But it's not the case most of the
time, I believe crashes and dips are more common than price climbs and spikes. Strategy requires
patience, anticipation and preparation. A red day can indeed turn into something of a good opportunity,
you just have to look and understand it on a better point or view and work your strategy one red day
at a time.
Activity: 164
March 17, 2018, 02:39:53 AM
investors have their own goals and strategies for doing business, therefore they may sell them because they need the capital to reinvest their money to the new altcoin.
Activity: 178
Merit: 5
March 17, 2018, 02:21:29 AM
Many sell the coins they hold cheaply when the price drops dramatically, this is done because of panic, fear of greater loss. but some are doing it for urgent needs. because they have invested all their money without any capital reserves.
Activity: 139
March 16, 2018, 04:11:33 PM

Thanks guys!

I think you should think before deciding to sell it, you better hold the crypto you have and do not panic too much with falling prices. Be patient to wait, the market will improve and you will get the benefits you want.
Patience is the most important thing if you are suing bitcoin as it needs time to grow and being in hurry will spoil all of your profit, better if you hold your bitcoin for long time and not to sell it for low type of profit. Using bitcoin will assure you about the future that the price of bitcoin is going to raise soon so no needs to be worry if you are suffering the dump in price soon you will hear about the highest price in the market, then it will be the chance to sell so no need to be greedy and sell try to save it as long as possible.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
March 16, 2018, 01:08:00 PM

Thanks guys!

Definitely you are one of those panic sellers. When price is high, you buy because of thinking that those coins will still go up to the moon without realizing that sooner or later, the price drops. And when the price drops, you sell them because you think that it may keep on decreasing. Those moment, you are panicking and thinking that its better to sell in lw price than to have nothing.

I think it is true must better to buy on which the coins was still in a low price, But on your way i think it is not good to doing that to buy in a high price and sell in a low price where is your profit on that. You losses some of your money on your doing.
Buying high and selling low will not only cause a loss but a person will also lose the chance to earn any profit from the future value. Most of the people who show such a behavior are novices, having a very little knowledge of bitcoin or any other digital coin. They think that the price will only increase but in reality it cuts at both ends. The price increases as well as decreases. Whenever there is this unexpected decrement, people do panic selling.
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
March 16, 2018, 07:08:08 AM
For me, some people forget that bitcoin and other cryptocurrency doesn’t have a stable price. We all know that bitcoin and another cryptocurrency is fluctuating too much. I think that you are panicking to lose your money and don’t make a massive profit. The first thing you need to do is to relax and calm your self, after that try to analyze that market volume of bitcoin after examining the volume you can notice if it will increase or decrease. We all know that when the demand for bitcoin is getting higher the amount if it will grow and when the bitcoin demand becomes lower the price will also decrease. Just don’t panic sell your bitcoin and hold it. Make sure that if you sell your bitcoin, you will reach your effective rate.  Smiley
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
March 16, 2018, 07:04:20 AM
Maybe they have a reason why they are selling in a low price like they suddenly need money to pay for something thats why even they know selling it with a low price will result a loss for them they still sell it, another reason is maybe it is their first time to investment that much thats why they panic when they saw the price is lower the amount when they bought the coin.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
March 16, 2018, 06:59:18 AM
I think people who sell in low price and buy high price is does people didn't still have ENOUGH knowledge  yet. Maybe if someone will talk to there or mentor they will think that there strategy is wrong
For the beginners there are many many success stories and the advices which will give them the good direction towards the market, the best is that before making any move in the market.

Just remember that this move will effect you for a very very long time and if you fell that this move is wrong or premature than just stop and ask for the mentorship on this forum, you will get good guidance and once you have made the decision, just be sure that your decision is correct and will give you a lesson for the future.
Activity: 349
March 16, 2018, 06:55:40 AM

Thanks guys!
There are many reasons for this, but most people find that they do not make a profit on the money they buy, so they sell their payment lower than the price they originally purchased. At that moment, the market will recover, and there will be more people taking part in trading on the floor.
Activity: 276
Merit: 100
March 16, 2018, 06:52:04 AM

Thanks guys!

The reason why a lot of people do it because they get panic as long as btc price decreases or down.  I also become one of those people during my first month in trading and i've  learned how to control it.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
March 16, 2018, 06:34:32 AM
I think the reason people buy high, besides the fact that they are investing on emotion, is because they don't know how to value a business.I wouldn't buy a $20 gallon of milk because it's not worth that much, and I think everyone would agree with that.
That is a good point and they are just investing just like what you said, based on their emotion and because of the hype that is telling them that the coin will keep on going up then they get hyped up and they believed that it will continue to go up so they bought at the top and after a few days, the hype is gone and the price is falling down and they are still holding because the hype is still in there but they didn't realize that it is already late for them.
Activity: 308
Merit: 3
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
March 16, 2018, 06:02:41 AM
They accept selling losses because they do not expect the future, they fear the altcoin they are holding will continue to fall, all their capital will be lost. Like today's market, all red. Investors were afraid and they sold altcoin a lot, this move has made altcoin prices continue to fall. I think, should not be too worried, expect the Crypto market, they will grow in the next few months.
Pages:
Jump to: