Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low - page 24. (Read 2442 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10
March 15, 2018, 10:17:09 AM
Since they are fearing an impact that will affect the price of Altcoin they are holding, they think the price of the altcoin they hold will decrease in the future, they do not expect good in them. So they decided to sell their altcoin at a lower price than they bought to reduce losses. This is usually the case with less capital investors. New entrants to Crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
March 15, 2018, 10:06:07 AM
The market fools everyone who thinks they are great trader or have special skills in this market. People are addicted to make gambling decisions in several parts of life. Buying low and selling high what gives you profit and  investing amount grows day by day. Selling low also can be treated as panic selling that caused by media.
Merit: 100
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
March 15, 2018, 10:00:07 AM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

Maybe because it is much more comfortable to buy during this peak period since everything is going well thus it makes you more confident on investing to it which is a common misconception and impatience to new investors since their investments were bound to go to the drain when crashes happens next.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
March 15, 2018, 09:22:10 AM
The reason for people buying high and selling low is because they panic a lot whenever they notice the price is going down, nobody would like to make complete loss, they’d rather make a little loss. But not everyone would do that, just like me, I wouldn’t sell no matter how low the price gets. I believe that one day it will still rise, but if it doesn’t, I’m still okay with it.
Activity: 445
Merit: 100
March 15, 2018, 09:18:04 AM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
This scenario is surely because of the market volatility. During continuous increase despite of the expensive market value, people will expect for more which pushes them to buy even at a high price. But since it is given that volatility is normal, when dumps take place, investors will try to cut down their losses which yields to loss of profit. Just be calm whenever dumos are happening because it is not permanent and recovery will soon happen.
Activity: 182
March 15, 2018, 09:14:33 AM
I guess one of the most common reason is panic selling. They are afraid to lose more when the price drastically crash. So instead of waiting for it to shoot up again, they intend to sell it. They are afraid of facing another fall. Also, some emergency cases may arrive that may cause people to sell for urgent money.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
March 15, 2018, 08:47:10 AM

Thanks guys!
There are many reasons people buy Bitcoin at high prices and sell it at low or even meager prices. In my country, there are quite a lot of Bitcoin sellers at low rates because they buy at high prices and face many risks. So they sell their Bitcoin to cut losses.
This is general rule of every business and trade that whenever you purchase, you purchase it in the lowest possible amount and whenever you sell anything, it has to be higher then the amount on which you have purchased.

The matter is not simple with the bitcoin in many countries and many people, people sometimes get panic and sell whatever they have in their account or sometimes the situation in their country worsen and that leads for an early sale.
Activity: 386
Merit: 1
March 15, 2018, 08:38:42 AM

Thanks guys!

I think you should think before deciding to sell it, you better hold the crypto you have and do not panic too much with falling prices. Be patient to wait, the market will improve and you will get the benefits you want.
Activity: 798
Merit: 268
March 15, 2018, 08:21:39 AM
why buy at ath? acted upon hype, influence by FOMO and wrong charting thus incorrect entry point.

First, its hard to say that if its already an ath its good to buy at any price but make sure not to sold your holdings at a lower price because that is a sure loss. Always make a study, and don’t trade with lack of knowledge because most of the newbies are just depending on any hype or speculation.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
March 15, 2018, 08:19:29 AM

Thanks guys!
I think you sell cause it takes money to eat or you're someone panics and maybe you have also got more BTC you buy 1BTC then you sell it 2BTC or 3BTC,How is my opinion correct? Maybe you have got BTC more than you buying.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
March 15, 2018, 08:19:07 AM
I dont know what you will do that. That is very un usual, you are supposed to earn profit. I think maybe you are too impulsive that you dont have patience. You need to learn when to invest and let go so that can earn profit. Otherwise you will end up bankrupt.
Activity: 434
Merit: 9
March 15, 2018, 08:13:05 AM
why buy at ath? acted upon hype, influence by FOMO and wrong charting thus incorrect entry point.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
March 15, 2018, 08:09:29 AM
We all human. One of the reason people buy at high point and sell at a low point is due to human nature. People always want something that everybody want it. People have hard time control their emotion in a bear market, you have control your emotion and wait it out you will lose out for sure
Activity: 304
March 15, 2018, 08:06:16 AM
First you buy at high price because you are investing right? And when you are investing, you know the risk. The reason is you are so panic to sell it as soon as possible because it's price getting low. When you are investing it's all out! Just believe in it, and don't panic selling. It always happen that your money get loss.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
March 15, 2018, 07:41:45 AM

Thanks guys!
You are old in this forum and you know the price will not be stable but what are you doing friend? You buy high and you sell low how you can earn a lot of bitcoin turn into big cash ,for me it is good to hold it for a long-term if you want this is my advise only, well maybe this coming months maybe the price will increase, hoping it happen.
TRONscratch.com
March 15, 2018, 07:32:51 AM

Thanks guys!

They seem to make things complicated. Joining trading which they are unsure if they are going to gain profit then automatically change their mind when they are already in.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
March 15, 2018, 07:32:36 AM
People buy high and sell low because they don't know what to do with their coins and they bought at the tops and they don't have much knowledge about reading a technical analysis so that is the main reason in my opinion why the people are doing that and they should invest in knowledge first before in any coin in order to get a good result at the end.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 260
March 15, 2018, 07:22:09 AM

Thanks guys!

Definitely you are one of those panic sellers. When price is high, you buy because of thinking that those coins will still go up to the moon without realizing that sooner or later, the price drops. And when the price drops, you sell them because you think that it may keep on decreasing. Those moment, you are panicking and thinking that its better to sell in lw price than to have nothing.

I think it is true must better to buy on which the coins was still in a low price, But on your way i think it is not good to doing that to buy in a high price and sell in a low price where is your profit on that. You losses some of your money on your doing.
Activity: 742
Merit: 128
Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading
March 15, 2018, 06:12:07 AM
People do buy high and sell low  because they just panic, or they just simply need cash , that's the reason why we need passive income even though we are investing in crypto ,So we can hold for long term.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
March 15, 2018, 05:54:57 AM
The investor are scared that the prices continous on declining and it will never recover so they are doing panic selling without analyzing the importance of value, they buy in a high and sell low so it's really losing on their part.
Pages:
Jump to: