Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low - page 28. (Read 2442 times)

Activity: 234
Merit: 15
March 14, 2018, 07:23:36 AM
Because you are a panic seller I think. You are taking risks of buying high amount of crypto then you sell because you are afraid that you will lose more money than you thought you were. Being into crypto must be a risk taker and must be well-informed on what kind of crypto you will buy.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 500
In CryptoEnergy we trust
March 14, 2018, 06:41:56 AM
Yes everything is correct. That who so does is subject to panic and mood of crowd. It is necessary not to give in to emotions and always to think most. It is necessary to wait for growth if you bought good coins - that to you nothing to be afraid
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
March 14, 2018, 06:40:55 AM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

Definitely you are one of those panic sellers. When price is high, you buy because of thinking that those coins will still go up to the moon without realizing that sooner or later, the price drops. And when the price drops, you sell them because you think that it may keep on decreasing. Those moment, you are panicking and thinking that its better to sell in lw price than to have nothing.

I agree. This has happened to the market again and again, where so many coins are dropping in value simultaneously, and many people are panicking as to what will happen to the market. I think that as you go get more experience and explore the other facets of this market, then you would have a better grasp panic selling is, for most parts, not a good move. The key virtue here is patience because why would you even dispose your holdings, when in the end, it would only give you a loss or little profit. Most people here target around 20%-50% gain, so if you see that getting rid of it would only you something lower than that, then why bother? Just be smart mate.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Hexhash.xyz
March 14, 2018, 06:27:58 AM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
Definitely you are among to those people have a panic sellers. You buy coins when the price is high because you still believe that this will go up higher without thinking in the future of it. When the price dumping, you've sell it because you are arfraid that they will keep on falling down. That is a bad idea you have think it well before you make a big decision.
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
March 14, 2018, 06:23:00 AM
One thing that i believe which create such a lose is that you and those people that do end up buying high and sell low is that many of you people do not know when to buy, this is because the time at which you buy bitcoin determine your selling point.
Activity: 143
Merit: 0
March 14, 2018, 06:13:16 AM
People who are buying at high price then selling when the price is decrease, it is panic selling and many people who do this is new or beginner in trading and sometimes short term investors.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
March 14, 2018, 05:25:22 AM
Those buyer buy coins at a high price because they think that it will be increased. But when the price become low they sell coin thinking that the price will be decrease more. I think that is their philosophy.

I think that the lack of basic knowledge about trading affects such decisions. In addition, under the influence of emotions comes to panic and sales. And the consequences lead to a loss of money.

Im agree and disagree on your opinion that they are lack of knowledge in terms of buy and sells coin. We are always depending on the fluctuations of bitcoin and we didn't control the value rising and falling so that some of traders was afraid totally their money. Im agree with in the terms of because they are new here in trading so that is why they are panic selling and disagree for we didn't know what is there reason why they sell their coins.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
March 14, 2018, 05:07:02 AM

Thanks guys!
Many people buy Bitcoin at high prices and hope it will be higher than the old rate so investors buy in spite of the market price, but the market is where no one can guess in advance, so the coins they buy are down. After that, those people panicked and sold at low prices.
Activity: 135
Merit: 10
March 14, 2018, 04:54:57 AM
The goal of investing is to sell something at a price that's higher than what the investor paid to buy it. The problem investors face is determining when prices are low enough to indicate a buy and high enough to decide that selling is the best choice.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
March 14, 2018, 04:51:26 AM
people buy high and sell low...this happened because when people heared that bitcoin price is high they will get attracted so they buy but then when suddenly the price dropped they panic and the tendency they will sell their bitcoin with out thinking that it will increase again
Activity: 287
Merit: 102
March 14, 2018, 04:37:52 AM

Thanks guys!
Why do you even do this at all, When you buy high, never sell and continue to hold even when the value is plummeting and remember you haven't made a loss until you sell the bitcoins that you initially bought, so the next time you buy, be firm and resolute.
To avoid such clumps saturations it is often advised to go for low buying. If you have got much money to buy even at higher prices, better is to wait until the prices gets low and only then buy. Because at that you’re buying will become more efficient to produce results than the other case. But somehow if you unfortunately bought at higher price, don’t sell it until the prices get over your buying amount.
Activity: 42
March 14, 2018, 02:56:53 AM
They think that btc will fall down so it’s not worth it
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
March 14, 2018, 02:16:04 AM

Thanks guys!
There are so many reasons why people buy high ang sell at low price.
1. Financial problems they need to exchange fo cash.
2. Change of business priorities.
3. Panic of investment due to excessive drop of price in the market.
Activity: 352
March 14, 2018, 01:16:08 AM

Thanks guys!

Maybe you are buying coins at the hype and uptrend, try to research more on those sleeping coins and hold them for a while.
People are losing money because they are riding the hype of the market and fud in social media, Most people who are really successful in trading are those ones who bought coins on their stable trend and wait for the right time to earn.
Most of the newbies don’t know anything regarding the market and that they fail to understand what to do at time when the market is falling and because of which, they decide to sell their coins at cheaper rates. Other than this, loss of control over your emotions also make a very significant role and then makes you feel regret of what all you had done as this made you lose your money.
Activity: 228
March 14, 2018, 12:51:22 AM
I think it comes from the psychology of panic and are part of the standard equipment knowledge, experience in the market. they are easy to fail before the volatility and intense competition.
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
March 13, 2018, 11:39:57 PM

Thanks guys!
People tend to buy when prices are high with the hopes that prices would continue to go up and then sell when prices are going down to avoid and/or reduce their loss.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
March 14, 2018, 12:39:53 AM

Thanks guys!
People tend to buy when prices are high with the hopes that prices would continue to go up and then sell when prices are going down to avoid and/or reduce their loss.
I believe that the person who do buy high sell low process is commonly the person that has a low experience and lack of my trust or maybe patience as well. It is the most worst problem that can really contribute through a huge dumping of the Coin price in a market place. The nature of bitcoin price which is pump and dump is really require a patience, if we are out of patience maybe we are not belong in here.
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond
March 13, 2018, 11:18:55 PM
The main reason is to gain profit, as simple as that. It is very obvious that you only get losses instead of earnings when you buy crypto in higher value and sell it in a lower price, right?.

Anyway, it seems that is not your point but now I understand after reading the previous replies. All you want to say is why there are people who do panic selling? (am I right?) Well, I'm confused a little bit also, the principle of "buy low, sell high" seems very clear for me but I don't know either why others prefer to break it. In my opinion, they made bad decision like that because of emotional factors. There's a big possibility that fear conquers them every time btc deflates larger than the usual or maybe because they need money due to an emergency.

The second reason is considerable but panic selling because of a deflation? That's very wrong. Just a tip, you should look in terms of btc and not in terms of fiat. You just conclude that you are losing money because the equivalent amount of your btc in fiat decreases but in reality the btc you have is the same all way round.
Activity: 476
March 13, 2018, 10:22:41 PM

Thanks guys!
This could happen to people who are get panic and scare to lost their money that is why there are selling coins although they bought it in high price. For me although the price is down and I bought the coin high price I will sell my hold instead I will wait for the right time when to sell and I will keep monitoring its updates in order to know when to sell.
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
March 13, 2018, 10:16:58 PM
Many people buy bitcoins at high prices and sell them cheaply,
They panic and fear the bitcoin prices will continue to fall and then they sell for a very low price, this is a bad decision in my opinion.
because they do not believe and can not wait for the price of bitcoin back up
Pages:
Jump to: