Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low - page 30. (Read 2442 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 105
March 13, 2018, 02:41:26 PM
Well, many people do that panic buying and panic selling. For me, I bought my bitcoin when the price is high but it's okay because I'll never sell them yet. I only buy bitcoin if I got extra money on my pocket and then I never think that I have a bitcoin on my wallet. My reason to do that is to avoid panic selling.
Activity: 346
Merit: 103
March 13, 2018, 02:29:56 PM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
Yes there are many people in CryptoCurrency world are buy in a high price and sell it low, there's many reasons why it happened. First they sold their coins because of panic that happened right now in the market. Second there's a emergency happened they need a money for daily and the only way they could sell their coin.
I can say that there are factors affecting why people suddenly buy at high and sells at low. There could be a reason where they have panic attacks. They fear of loosing more so they tend to sell it. Why some people, like me most of time does this kind of thing because of the need of money itself. So i panic sell, seldom times.
Activity: 728
Merit: 502
March 13, 2018, 01:40:13 PM
If you will keep doing it, investing in crypto is not good for you. In investing selling low should never be an option. It is either you earn small or earn big. Never let your self lose hope cause we all know how crypto work. Patience and doing some research about the coin/s you're going to invest is the key to success.
How can a person gets profit if he is buying at high and selling at low? These are some common busies rules that are equally implementable in crypto world. As trading involves selling and buying like stocks, we need to be educated about such technicalities that would help us improving our trading portfolios. Bitcoins are volatile, don’t underestimate your controlling power and never sell at low prices.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
March 13, 2018, 12:22:47 PM
No one really wants to do that....
Activity: 233
Merit: 2
March 13, 2018, 12:08:14 PM
Those buyer buy coins at a high price because they think that it will be increased. But when the price become low they sell coin thinking that the price will be decrease more. I think that is their philosophy.

I think that the lack of basic knowledge about trading affects such decisions. In addition, under the influence of emotions comes to panic and sales. And the consequences lead to a loss of money.

Sometimes the price fluctuation will make us take some wrong decisions, there are many experts failed to predict price and lost their money. It all depends on your luck but you also right those who don't have basic knowledge about trading they will take this kind of bad decisions.

I trully believe that the reason why most people have come to an end of losing capital invested its because of failed to predict the price in regards to the fluctuation. And another make some of them are out of controlled there emotions draws the result of bad decision making. All this thing can be solve prior to your luck and proper mind set to have a good profit.
Activity: 119
March 13, 2018, 11:55:34 AM
Investing is something everyone does to ensure their future. My opinion is due to the pressure that occurs where stock prices continue to rise and make buyers multiply. They read and look and feel happy about it and want to contribute to it. Only experienced people who know the jump in and out of stock to make money. Purchase when prices are high with some stocks and that means paying a lot. The bad thing is that investors will sell from the market side and if selling at their own price can be a bad decision.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
March 13, 2018, 11:47:13 AM
Apparently, when something good or bad happens in crypto, we panic; either we panic buy or panic sell. When values of certain coins go high, we tend to panic and purchase that coin holding to a promise that this coin will continue to go up and has great potential because it is, again, increasing in value, though this may stand true to some coins but not all. On the other hand, when values go down, ahain, we tend to panic because it might continue to go down and we are losing our investment and it may or may not recover. So for the sake of saving some of our investment, we tend to sell our coin clinging to a certain comfort that atleast, we didn’t lose that much without knowing or having the patience to wait for that coin to recover and may even go higher than its current highest value.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
March 13, 2018, 11:41:26 AM
Those buyer buy coins at a high price because they think that it will be increased. But when the price become low they sell coin thinking that the price will be decrease more. I think that is their philosophy.

I think that the lack of basic knowledge about trading affects such decisions. In addition, under the influence of emotions comes to panic and sales. And the consequences lead to a loss of money.

Sometimes the price fluctuation will make us take some wrong decisions, there are many experts failed to predict price and lost their money. It all depends on your luck but you also right those who don't have basic knowledge about trading they will take this kind of bad decisions.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
March 13, 2018, 11:28:04 AM

Activity: 296
Merit: 13
March 13, 2018, 11:25:36 AM
Experience traders do this thing to cut losses, but newbies do this because of their weak emotions.
Every time you trade, it must be supported with your target price to prevent any big loss.
Panicking can also be the reason why, and again you must know how to control your emotion.
It cannot be denied that people tend to do that at times. The do calculated mistakes or atleast they will cut losses or just simply get back their capital. Most of us sometimes become impatient that is why we end up not earning and having some losses. Panic selling generally affects the bitcoin value which can aggravate the situation of bitcoin price and market flow. Please be reminded that before purchasing any coin, better for you observe the flow and always place buy on the lowest price possible.
Activity: 166
Merit: 11
March 13, 2018, 11:18:19 AM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

Being too emotional and too much panicking leads to wrong decision. That is why impatient people who sell during market crash always end up selling low. I always wonder why would someone sell their coin when they do not need their money instantly. Patience is needed when you are investing or trading because not all coins can make you rich in a small span of time. It also takes time for developers to develop their project and to increase market demand.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
March 13, 2018, 11:17:57 AM

Thanks guys!
There are many reasons people buy Bitcoin at high prices and sell it at low or even meager prices. In my country, there are quite a lot of Bitcoin sellers at low rates because they buy at high prices and face many risks. So they sell their Bitcoin to cut losses.
Activity: 9
March 13, 2018, 11:10:04 AM
damn it, i was into this when everybody around was getting huge gains. to impatient and chasing.

for me it was not paniking all the time. it was a mixture of chasing (when it went up of course) and selling because i thought i could buy back later and buy more coins.

now i am trapped in the opposit, hodl because i am down and not cashing out and rebuy later, because of fomo. as some already mentioned, if you wanna trade, you should map everything out and control your emotions. if you wanna trade, just trade coins you believe in. so it dont hit you hard if you got cought when it goes down more. also split you buyins and dont go all in at once!
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
March 13, 2018, 11:02:03 AM

Thanks guys!
On this case I think that's just because of uncertainty. Surely, no one wants to lose money especially on an investment. They probably buy when the price is high because they are expecting that its market value will continue increasing. And when it comes on selling, they are just worried so they just tried to cut of their losses. And that I think explains it all.
Activity: 532
Merit: 148
March 13, 2018, 11:00:46 AM

Thanks guys!
That is called panic buying because they think when they buy high the price will go high too they didn't mind what will happen later. The correct is buy low and sell high so that you'll be profited.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
March 13, 2018, 10:44:41 AM
They don't know the strategy of having a bitcoin or how to invest on it.
Activity: 106
March 13, 2018, 10:42:53 AM
Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
March 13, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

Thanks guys!
Those people who are buying bitcoin with a high price and selling it with only a low price are those people who are not patient enough and doing panic selling. They are afraid that if the bitcoin's price is going down, it may continue until zero and they will lose all of their money which is impossible to happen. Bitcoin's price is volatile. It may increase or even decrease its price.
Anyway, we can't blame them doing that way, maybe they are just new and still learning crypto trading. It happens sometimes to cut losses but it couldn't be possible it always happen. Actually, they want also to make profit and thinking that price is always on the go but they don't think also that it sometimes go down.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
W12 – Blockchain protocol
March 13, 2018, 10:26:10 AM
The reason behind this is that they have lack of experience as to what really the nature of cryptoworld. It's very vulnerable of price fluctuations due to its volatility. When they have read about FUDs, they will panic sell their holdings which make the market price even goes deeper only to find out that it goes rising up the following week.

Hodl is always the key to survive in this survival-of-the-fittest crypto environment.
Activity: 812
Merit: 262
March 13, 2018, 10:22:58 AM

Thanks guys!
Those people who are buying bitcoin with a high price and selling it with only a low price are those people who are not patient enough and doing panic selling. They are afraid that if the bitcoin's price is going down, it may continue until zero and they will lose all of their money which is impossible to happen. Bitcoin's price is volatile. It may increase or even decrease its price.
Pages:
Jump to: