Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do you invest in ICOs? - page 5. (Read 8112 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100
October 11, 2017, 01:08:50 AM
For me investing in ICO is a gamble, a risk you are willing to handle.  I personally joined some ICO because I believe the project will be worth it and believing that the coins I received from the team as an exchange from the money I invest in will have high gains.  People who are not willing to gamble should stay away from this because some projects may not turn out the way as expected but if the project boom then you can have more profits of multiple folds.  Cryptocurrencies are not for faint of hearts.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
October 11, 2017, 01:04:54 AM
Because ICOs are most profitable investment ever  Smiley

they are if you get in on the pre-sale.  you can buy the tokens at a guaranteed low value.  then wait for it to rise on etherdelta, then start dumpin'.  every over-hyped ICO follows a predictable pattern, where you know the price will rise right at the beginning, then usually decline slowly.  sometimes to sub-ICO prices.  the people who can get in on the presale take advantage of the certainty of it, and make a quick flip.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
October 11, 2017, 12:57:55 AM
Well, I won't comment on specific ICOs as saying they are good, bad, promising, scams or anything like that, but I will share my vision.

What do investors think to get in return?

To start, I think the answer to that question is pretty straight forward. I believe that even people that want to support the blockchain projects and community wouldn't invest just to help the people behind the ICO, everyone is expecting finantial returns. What do I think investors think to get in return? Money.

This happens because before this ICO madness began it was something less accessible and more risky to common investors (as it still is, but now more people are interested). One year ago a promising ICO would have raised around 5 million dollars and be considered succesful, and then as the company starts to show progress in their project development more people want to invest in them (through exchanges, after ICO period) and them its market value increases a lot, and people that participated on the ICO get higher profits.

But what if those coins do not get back the initial worth?

You should invest in an ICO if you think the project's value proposition is good, if it makes sense to be in the blockchain and if you trust the team can deliver what they are promising. If this is the case, price volatility is a common thing in crypto currencies and you should keep yourself updated about the project you invested in and see if their business is growing. Finantial returns should come naturally if you believe in the technology potential and in the specific application the ICO is proposing.
ICOs, also known as crowd sales, are a new way of financing for startups in the block chain space that involves issuing a new digital currency or token to early backers of the project in exchange for bitcoin, fiat currency or other established digital currencies.
That's kind of weird to see people call an investment so many things when they don't really have any real item to present later in the months.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
October 11, 2017, 12:56:01 AM
Well, I won't comment on specific ICOs as saying they are good, bad, promising, scams or anything like that, but I will share my vision.

What do investors think to get in return?

To start, I think the answer to that question is pretty straight forward. I believe that even people that want to support the blockchain projects and community wouldn't invest just to help the people behind the ICO, everyone is expecting finantial returns. What do I think investors think to get in return? Money.

This happens because before this ICO madness began it was something less accessible and more risky to common investors (as it still is, but now more people are interested). One year ago a promising ICO would have raised around 5 million dollars and be considered succesful, and then as the company starts to show progress in their project development more people want to invest in them (through exchanges, after ICO period) and them its market value increases a lot, and people that participated on the ICO get higher profits.

You should invest in an ICO if you think the project's value proposition is good, if it makes sense to be in the blockchain and if you trust the team can deliver what they are promising. If this is the case, price volatility is a common thing in crypto currencies and you should keep yourself updated about the project you invested in and see if their business is growing. Finantial returns should come naturally if you believe in the technology potential and in the specific application the ICO is proposing.
ICOs, also known as crowd sales, are a new way of financing for startups in the block chain space that involves issuing a new digital currency or token to early backers of the project in exchange for bitcoin, fiat currency or other established digital currencies.
Activity: 812
October 11, 2017, 12:49:34 AM
The tech is freaking awesome and the financial return. Why would you "invest" in something to not make a return?
I like to invest in coins when I notice something that is pretty cool in the software that a project releases. Bitcoin is one of the things that allowed me to participate in the project.
Activity: 42
October 11, 2017, 12:46:48 AM
Because ICOs are most profitable investment ever  Smiley
Activity: 158
October 11, 2017, 12:41:15 AM
I can't say for others. I look at ICO like any other fund raising exercise. And, my objective is always to support ICOs / ideas if they seem interesting to me. I also go through review of ICOs before investing on them. And I don't invest in a lot of them
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
October 11, 2017, 12:26:11 AM
I think most of the people are investing in ICO so that they can gain more rather than base solely on the growth of bitcoin. Since bitcoin has grew to such a huge price now, the percentage growth of bitcoin will become more limited whereas potential ICO still have a lot of room for growth. Just like eth, it has x1000 to 300usd.
Activity: 203
Merit: 101
October 10, 2017, 11:34:11 PM
The tech is freaking awesome and the financial return. Why would you "invest" in something to not make a return?
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
October 10, 2017, 08:37:47 PM
Why do you, if you do, invest in ICOs?
All investors always want to get big profit and ICOs is a chance. Of course have many altcoin price is down after ICOs end but if a good project then it will soon get back the initial worth even increase fast to generate a big profit for investor ( ex: NEO)
Activity: 266
Merit: 190
October 10, 2017, 08:30:37 PM
To make some Profit right? what else than Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
October 10, 2017, 08:26:03 PM
People invest in an ICO to have more money , to earn more money , because when you invest in an ICO early you will be given a bonus,. Investing in different ICO is too risky , if you don't know what will happen to your money in return , some are scams and some have failed. And investing in an ICO needs a lot of money to earn more profit in it.
Activity: 840
October 10, 2017, 07:39:07 PM
Hi,
this thread I want to ask you: Why do you, if you do, invest in ICOs?
I see horrible huge amounts of money going to those. What do investors think to get in return?
Mostly it's the same case: ICO starts, much money comes in, you get the coins.
Or do you invest because of other reasons?

For example (disclaimer: this is NOT hate!):
Why did trueflip.io get over $4,7 Million?

Thank you for answers!

i dont usually invest in ico but i guess the reason why they invest is because they want to buy the tokens cheap , because being an early investors gives you a lot of privillages and bonus but after that they would just dump the coin and earn profit. yet investing in ico's are pretty risky because i see these days there are many ico"s popping like a mushroom and like to scam people, id rather invest in bitcoin or altcoin than taking a risk.
To me i personally like to invest money in different ICOs because ICOs are usually giving you some extra money, that you usually cannot get from exchanges, Here from ICOs you get some bonuses and some time even get some extra currency, therefore ICOs are more profitable, but i think selection of ICO for investment is not an easy job, you need to get good information about the ICOs and only then you can take a step and can invest money in ICOs.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
October 10, 2017, 06:56:24 PM
I have only been able to get in on 3 or 4 ICOs.  Many of them I am priced out of the market as they want a minimum of 1 Ether etc to join. The ones I did particapte in allowed minimum of 0.1 Ether.  needless to say all the ones I bought into tanked as soon as they got to an exchange.  I have only lost money.  I find they are actually cheaper if you just wait - and buy once they are on an exchange - as I only have small amounts to invest.
Activity: 37
October 10, 2017, 06:42:38 PM
Same reason that VCs invest... offer great liquidity vs a traditional angel/startup investment: https://hbr.org/2017/03/what-initial-coin-offerings-are-and-why-vc-firms-care

This doesn't mean you can skip your research though!
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
October 10, 2017, 06:02:50 PM
Hi,
I see horrible huge amounts of money going to those. What do investors think to get in return?

Thank you for answers!

i dont usually invest in ico but i guess the reason why they invest is because they want to buy the tokens cheap , because being an early investors gives you a lot of privillages and bonus but after that they would just dump the coin and earn profit. yet investing in ico's are pretty risky because i see these days there are many ico"s popping like a mushroom and like to scam people, id rather invest in bitcoin or altcoin than taking a risk.
Activity: 246
October 10, 2017, 06:00:57 PM
I have changed my strategy. I am joining and flipping after hit 2x ICO price. If i don't sell those token it is downing under of ICO prices.
Activity: 1890
1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org
October 10, 2017, 05:50:10 PM
^ to make a profit, that's the reason I invested in ICO, but before I invested in an ICO I would pay attention to the concept first, how it works and team because I do not want to invest my money into an ICO scam.
Activity: 728
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
October 10, 2017, 05:40:26 PM
Hi,

Thank you for answers!

With good research and knowledge good project gives a good return on investment compare to other means of generating altcoin. With ICO you become a share holder in different project, which might become a major turning point now or in the near future
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
October 10, 2017, 05:12:17 PM
ICO are also a good way to gain some profit, because you always get some bonuses and also you can sell coins after they hit exchangeres almost in double price.
Just another way of trading Grin
Pages:
Jump to: