Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 15. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 232
Merit: 11
September 27, 2018, 05:15:07 AM
this is the reality if we play investment in bitcoin that has not been released or under pre-ico conditions. many investors have failed when buying altcoins in pre-ico conditions because after circulating on the market, the price of the coin fell greatly from the promised price. this is the crypto world that requires us to be very careful in buying coins that do not have good credibility. and we must understand all the risks that will occur.
at present, most ICOs when they enter the market, the price will not match the target price. well, that's because there are many things, the first is because they haven't run the program fully, and it's still under construction, so it's normal to have a price below the ICO. but I think, the project that has the price above the ICO from the start is very good indeed. Well, it all depends on the development that the dev has done. if you seek profit from ICO, I think you really have to be patient.

there is usually a 30% allocation of funds for the team and this is also useful for raising prices in the market, it is no secret that when distribution and coins have value, the majority of coins produced from the campaign will be sold immediately and reduce prices. This year is very different where the pump momentum that must be carried out by developers on their coins is hampered by market conditions that tend to decline, so it is not useful to raise prices if the overall trend is still negative. This is compounded by the emergence of many failed ICOs. so the assumption is that many investors will accumulate their minds to be pessimistic and consider all ICOs to be the same.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
September 27, 2018, 04:58:29 AM
This point of view is fair in its own way, but unfortunately not everyone will listen to it and will not stress this experience!
Activity: 390
September 27, 2018, 04:48:31 AM
the main purpose of the ICO itself is good, that is crypto integration with the business field. but until now many people have made ICOs for the sake of cheating and other bad things
Activity: 406
Merit: 49
September 27, 2018, 04:32:12 AM
Based on the statistics, it is much easier to buy a token already with a log on the stock exchange, the advantage is that you do not freeze assets for a long time and the price is much lower than the sale for ICO
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
September 27, 2018, 04:24:39 AM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

If these thing would you encounter by Investing in an ICO projects, Theres no one wouldn't be discourage by Investing again in such an ICO, but despite all that scenario if you really has a long patience. You will never be surrendered instead you find another projects that has a unique feature that don't have in your previous ICO Investment before.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
September 27, 2018, 04:10:17 AM
this is the reality if we play investment in bitcoin that has not been released or under pre-ico conditions. many investors have failed when buying altcoins in pre-ico conditions because after circulating on the market, the price of the coin fell greatly from the promised price. this is the crypto world that requires us to be very careful in buying coins that do not have good credibility. and we must understand all the risks that will occur.
at present, most ICOs when they enter the market, the price will not match the target price. well, that's because there are many things, the first is because they haven't run the program fully, and it's still under construction, so it's normal to have a price below the ICO. but I think, the project that has the price above the ICO from the start is very good indeed. Well, it all depends on the development that the dev has done. if you seek profit from ICO, I think you really have to be patient.
Activity: 224
BitHostCoin.io
September 27, 2018, 03:43:01 AM
what you mentioned really happened to IOO, and lately ICOs have often been created but cannot deliver very much results and maybe the ICO now has begun to tend to go down and the interested ones have started to decline, and your choice to get out of This ICO is the best choice for you.

It is always good to get out from the ICO's because really the companies are raising the money but cannot able to deliver what they have promised to the community. So it is always good to follow the interesting project while after listing them in the exchanges and follow their development strategy until they deliver the end product.
because nowadays many ICOs are cheating and the tokens are also getting destroyed the price is better I stop first until the market conditions and the ICO are good again

Well, yeah better to stop when the bear market starts and maybe make some good investments too when the bull run starts this will surely give us more profit and avoid loss of funds.
Activity: 686
Merit: 10
September 27, 2018, 02:49:14 AM
what you mentioned really happened to IOO, and lately ICOs have often been created but cannot deliver very much results and maybe the ICO now has begun to tend to go down and the interested ones have started to decline, and your choice to get out of This ICO is the best choice for you.

It is always good to get out from the ICO's because really the companies are raising the money but cannot able to deliver what they have promised to the community. So it is always good to follow the interesting project while after listing them in the exchanges and follow their development strategy until they deliver the end product.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
September 27, 2018, 02:44:23 AM
Activity: 560
September 27, 2018, 02:18:27 AM
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
September 27, 2018, 02:02:27 AM
I agree. The ICO craze is reaching its maximum. Everyone saw ICOs 40x'ing and what not last season. So naturally, everyone, both big and small investors, are trying to get in on the craze for the simple reason of dumping when the token or coin reaches a multiple in price.

And most ICOs are scams. You can argue this to death, but out of 100 ICOs, most are there for the hype and quick mass funding.

It's a bullet train to hell. Everyone who hasn't gotten off will end up splattered.

There's an exception to those few solid ICOs with great promise. But even those are pumped and dumped all the same.

Well maybe your right about that when you say people have crazes from reaching the maximum,but this is from the old days,when they are still concerned about the crypto community and about the investors

And todays i speaks.most of the ico is a killer of the investors.they victimizing people and suck all their assets and then go away taking all the investors money
Activity: 175
Merit: 23
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
September 27, 2018, 01:30:42 AM
I agree. The ICO craze is reaching its maximum. Everyone saw ICOs 40x'ing and what not last season. So naturally, everyone, both big and small investors, are trying to get in on the craze for the simple reason of dumping when the token or coin reaches a multiple in price.

And most ICOs are scams. You can argue this to death, but out of 100 ICOs, most are there for the hype and quick mass funding.

It's a bullet train to hell. Everyone who hasn't gotten off will end up splattered.

There's an exception to those few solid ICOs with great promise. But even those are pumped and dumped all the same.
This year many ICOs did not success because they did not reach there caps unlike last year that many called that year ICO year because many successful ICO have been made. Don't quit ICO because this is a normal phenomena in this crypto world so lets just be patient about it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 311
September 27, 2018, 12:14:12 AM
The current ICO market is really not potential. At the bottom of the market, everything is bad. But I believe there are still some great projects waiting for us. But now the investment in ICO has not made much profit as before, we should switch to other areas of monetization.
I disagree.
Current ICO markets are really much potential and they can really bear you huge profits in much less time. Just the issue is that there are a lot of projects who tends to be scam and that gets us a loss.
If you concentrate onto only Initial Coin Offering phases amd choose some potential project, than indeed you can make a great profit ahead.
Even choosing a correct bounty can lead you yo earn thousands of dollars so just imagine how much profit can you gain if you are investing your funds into it.
Activity: 728
https://streamies.io/
September 27, 2018, 12:06:54 AM
The current ICO market is really not potential. At the bottom of the market, everything is bad. But I believe there are still some great projects waiting for us. But now the investment in ICO has not made much profit as before, we should switch to other areas of monetization.
copper member
Activity: 301
Merit: 2
September 27, 2018, 12:05:03 AM
You have participated a lot in the ICO project and from that participation you have suffered a lot of losses, so you decide to stop participating in the ICO project. Indeed, that is your personal right, but if possible I suggest, do not stop here, look for a good project and get a lot of money to restore the losses you suffer.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
September 26, 2018, 11:33:52 PM
Many people prefer choosing coin in market and they dont join in ICOs. The reason is some token from ICOs when landed on exchanger, the price drop below ICOs price and its not good for investor
i am do that , make buy order in market with low price could make me earn more profit than people investing their fund in ico stage.since cryptocurrency market crash , i am affraid joining ico project.
of course this is what makes it difficult for us to find ico who achieved hardcap at this time. many people prefer trading by buying potential coins and have a large price reduction, so that later they will get a lot of profit
Activity: 261
Merit: 1
www.fintropy.io
September 26, 2018, 10:58:26 PM
With so many ICOs appearing this year, making the spread of investments out of control, many ICOs with potential projects lose to ordinary ICOs with unreasonable bonus offers.

of the many ICOs that appear, some fraud projects take the opportunity and make marketing look very sweet, the mindset of investors today is that they tend not to fully research, they just see the hype and just think about how to get instant profits.

The absence of good regulations and limited to independent assessment of platforms such as icorating, etc., makes everything business oriented. no one guarantees this project can be responsible for returning money and even developing their project after the end of the sale.

I stopped participating in the ICO this year, but I'm not too optimistic and just wait for the situation to be conducive again where the ICO is dominated by projects that have very good quality with clear development. There must be regulations in this regard, but unfortunately there is no such thing.
Activity: 532
September 26, 2018, 10:21:39 PM
Many people prefer choosing coin in market and they dont join in ICOs. The reason is some token from ICOs when landed on exchanger, the price drop below ICOs price and its not good for investor
i am do that , make buy order in market with low price could make me earn more profit than people investing their fund in ico stage.since cryptocurrency market crash , i am affraid joining ico project.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
September 26, 2018, 10:06:15 PM
I can get your point. there are so many people who lost money with ICO recently because most of ICOs are scams. That is the reason why you have to be careful
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
COVIR.IO
September 26, 2018, 08:27:20 PM
Pages:
Jump to: