Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 17. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 416
Merit: 21
June 15, 2018, 03:10:12 PM
most of the points mentioned look very realistic in current times in ico programs but patience pays a large in ico profit expectation last year profits are above more than 5000 percent for some icos
Activity: 1008
Merit: 540
June 15, 2018, 01:00:52 PM
This "ICO" phenomenon is overhyped. This creates a lot of speculations that drive people crazy. People just buy and sell without researching and leads to their downfall. I hope you'll find another area in which you can succeed.
Yes, there are a lot of new ICOs every day, and that will make us panic and lazy to learn about the projects. But anyway in 2018, I still see that ICO projects will be able to continue to make a lot of money

But I like these projects coming everyday if they are legit because on investment we earn a good profit from that projects.#

I do not know that why OP quit to invest in ICO for a few low value ICO investment as there are a lot of ICO which from the beginning came to know as more legit and of high potential ICOs and the investors earn a good profit.

In general there are so many ICO are there in the forum o=most of it are scams, You just need to choose wisely , Dont be lazy on reading and analyzing a certain iCO, It takes time to find a legit ICO in this scenario, patience is needed here in crypto, Quiting ICO will gain you nothing, especially when you are an investor, you will have loss no gain.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
dApps Development Automation Platform
June 15, 2018, 12:30:04 PM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Dead right. Luckily the past few ICO's I have participated gave a promising amount of tokens. Hopefully it's true though.

And you nailed it with "too much tokens reserved for team/marketing". yes they maybe responsible for the success of the project but the heck, a lot is allotted to their team that it makes the purpose of the project money milking ICO. Beside from that, there are a lot of bounty managers who b*tch out with the bounty hunters who asks a valid and appropriate questions. (Don't want to mention a team. LOL)
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
June 15, 2018, 12:10:32 PM
This "ICO" phenomenon is overhyped. This creates a lot of speculations that drive people crazy. People just buy and sell without researching and leads to their downfall. I hope you'll find another area in which you can succeed.
Yes, there are a lot of new ICOs every day, and that will make us panic and lazy to learn about the projects. But anyway in 2018, I still see that ICO projects will be able to continue to make a lot of money

I just hope that it will be very honest and transparent projects. Unfortunately, many people decided to quit ICOs as they met a lot of scammers. I am very sorry for it.

There is no way to determine if the ico is an honest proejct or a scam but you can always check the platform if it was reliable or not because the transparency of every developer will determine the project if it is reliable or not.
Activity: 462
June 15, 2018, 11:51:59 AM

I just hope that it will be very honest and transparent projects. Unfortunately, many people decided to quit ICOs as they met a lot of scammers. I am very sorry for it.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
June 10, 2018, 01:24:39 PM
The phenomenon of "ICO" is overhyped. This creates a lot of speculation that makes people go crazy. People just buy and sell without researching and leading to their downfall.
Activity: 432
Merit: 126
June 10, 2018, 11:45:02 AM
This is your point of view and im not against it. But for me, some ICOs help me a lot. Though i dont really invested on them and just got my tokens from bounties. Some of the thing you pin-pointed is really true and also in observe. Especially with this "many ICOs", and yes there are so many ICOs existing now in the market and somehow its very confusing where to invest. We cant also differentiate which one of them is a scam. Most of it is really a legit project that have their roadmap that attract many investors. This is a  scary part being involve in this ICOs. So i guess somehow i can feel your sentiments
Activity: 126
June 05, 2018, 11:09:07 PM
It's certain that the hard caps are high and that there are more and more... But some ICOs like crypterium or titanium still managed to reach it! I think the real problem is that it dilutes all this money on the market cap and therefore prevents good projects from succeeding  Sad
I never dropped an ico if I decided to leave us thinking that was the reason for ico, not my will or my fault, maybe those ico projects deceive or the benefits of Poor community makes me feel that I should not follow ico again
copper member
Activity: 381
June 05, 2018, 09:59:44 PM
Very interesting points you have made.. Icos are getting too many in general.
Activity: 40
June 05, 2018, 09:55:52 PM
It is necessary to carefully select all read about in Social Media. Well acquainted with the team, read what others have to say investors and experts.It is completely secure from fraud but at least minimizes risk join fraudulent ICO.
Activity: 95
June 05, 2018, 08:56:32 PM
Before I quit ICO because I can fulfill the requirements and sometimes there are lots of rule where in I can't understand.
Activity: 907
Merit: 500
June 05, 2018, 07:52:29 PM

But I like these projects coming everyday if they are legit because on investment we earn a good profit from that projects.#

I do not know that why OP quit to invest in ICO for a few low value ICO investment as there are a lot of ICO which from the beginning came to know as more legit and of high potential ICOs and the investors earn a good profit.
Activity: 197
June 05, 2018, 07:50:22 PM
Activity: 672
Merit: 273
June 05, 2018, 07:47:40 PM
YOu need to quit ICO forever. There is no advantage in investing ICOs. Moreover, in this year, most of ICOs have already failed. Instead of investing in ICO, you can buy real coin such as bitcoin or ethereum. They are better than ICO. Never investing in ICO Wink
Activity: 126
June 05, 2018, 07:31:45 PM
Many people only see high returns, but they do not see the trap behind the high ICO returns! ICO's fanaticism will only bring more bubbles.
At present, the ICO industry is not clearly regulated, and the capital's profitability has caused the market to be chaotic, and the ICO project has been strictly screened to make the market tend to develop healthily.
Activity: 86
June 05, 2018, 07:27:49 PM
good thinking but what I think opposite to you, my main income is only through ico although many ico now that is quite disappointing but I keep thinking positive about ICO, we also have to choose good ico with a great team so that the results we get satisfactory .
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
June 05, 2018, 06:48:21 PM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Participating in ICO's is still profirable and very interesting. It only takes a long time and hardwork but you have less to worry since you can have bounty tokens at the end.  Just validate carefully to find a legit ICO.
Activity: 237
June 05, 2018, 05:53:01 PM
I have not tried to join the ICO project, but one of my friends has tried it, and he really feels good, but it just takes time. Today, there are many ICO projects that compete in the market, and it seems for it to succeed in need of support from the market. Then if this does not work, it's bad from the members who have joined, so it's a bit risky for everyone who wants to be more profitable by joining any ICO project.
But if the interest of participating in the ICO is unstoppable, it must be with careful observation of the ICO to be elected.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 364
June 05, 2018, 05:48:04 PM
OP makes a lot of valid points but there will always be the hidden gems that you don't want to miss. We all have to adapt to this new market situation.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
June 05, 2018, 05:28:54 PM
This days there are many ICO that's why isn't so profitable. Everyday we can see several new ANN topic about new ICO project, but real questions is ; in which ICO you should invest? I stopped to invest in ICO long time ago, because in first one I was scammed and in second one when get listed everyone dump him and price drop so hard that when I sold my token (+ 20% bonus) I was still in loss.
I think most of us don't check ICOs thoroughly before we invest. Some of these ICOs don't respond to questions being asked but we still go ahead and invest. It is important to get enough information about the team and trace their track record to confirm their integrity. I still believe investing in ICOs is one of the best ways to earn in crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: