Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 13. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 105
September 29, 2018, 10:54:43 PM
ICO campaign is a big help to those companies endorsing new products of the company. Without it, it would be very hard for them to advertise. So for bounty hunters, we are great help for them and we are being paid for. The only problem is ni matter how serious we are doing our job, we don't realized that we were trapped by scammers all around. But i will not generalized it because there are still more ICO that pays. We only have to wait. I will not quit but i will pursue no matter what.

There is still a lot of legit ICO who really pays a good amount of token. However, if you don't have an idea how to differentiate between legit ICO and Scam ICO, then that's the time you'll be having a problem after the ICO ends. I will not also quit in ICO because this is my only way I can earn huge profit. Because of ICO, a lot of things have changed in my life, especially in terms of financial aspect.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
September 29, 2018, 10:24:21 PM
I'm sure there will still be a few hidden gems out there that will go 100x=1000x , but the majority will fail which makes investing in ICOs extremely risk.  High risk = High reward
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
September 29, 2018, 10:17:12 PM
Unfortunately, many ICOs do nothing except disappointment. It is very difficult to find a truly successful ICO.

That is the reason they are ICO, they are still offering the coins and no one can ensure a good project that easily since there are a lot of great ICOs with them and investors will be having a hard tine to choose where to invest.

Another problem for me on these projects is that you can't pick a great one since it is hard to choose the legitimate project to the scam project. There are a lot of scam projects out there and investors should really be careful about them. The worst thing is the beginners that don't know how to pick the scams from the legit, they are the one whose being the victims by this scammers.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png
September 29, 2018, 09:21:53 PM
ICO campaign is a big help to those companies endorsing new products of the company. Without it, it would be very hard for them to advertise. So for bounty hunters, we are great help for them and we are being paid for. The only problem is ni matter how serious we are doing our job, we don't realized that we were trapped by scammers all around. But i will not generalized it because there are still more ICO that pays. We only have to wait. I will not quit but i will pursue no matter what.
Activity: 154
Merit: 17
September 29, 2018, 07:20:23 PM
I wouldn't actually encourage anybody to quit ICO as it remain the strength of new coins. Come to think of it, if we all decide to quit the ICOs, how will new projects emerge and survive?
Activity: 280
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 29, 2018, 07:14:40 PM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Some people think to quitting ICO because their are a lot ICO are not legit. They are scared to invest their money for the reason they don't want to lose their money.
Activity: 238
dApps Development Automation Platform
September 29, 2018, 06:52:53 PM
p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Got me with this one LOL.

Beside from that admin would reply sometimes when asked about the projects progress with countless "engaging with possible tie ups"

Numerous "new projects" has been promising but none I have encountered with success yet. Sad
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
September 29, 2018, 06:45:28 PM
ICO was a way to get nearly free money but the times have changed, yes, for me it is obvious that they doesn't work well now, their era is coming to an end probably.
Many investor are now quitting in ICO's because even the ico became successful now it will not really worth it when it get listed on the some exchanges because the market is very unstable and i remember the pumapay ico it raised $117m but after ut get listed on the market the price us below the ico price.
Activity: 900
Merit: 503
September 29, 2018, 01:25:00 PM

I mostly liked this very post scriptum and your comment about gifs  Cheesy
It is definitely no good when everybody is so optimistic that cannot point out the developers their errors (and all new projects have their specific defects).
That's why I feel a bit sceptic towards ICOs that have more than 30k participants in their Telegram group (most likely the greatest majority of them have come solely for an airdrop).
Activity: 282
Merit: 4
dApps Development Automation Platform
September 29, 2018, 12:59:32 PM
Unfortunately, many ICOs do nothing except disappointment. It is very difficult to find a truly successful ICO.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
September 29, 2018, 12:53:27 PM
ICO was a way to get nearly free money but the times have changed, yes, for me it is obvious that they doesn't work well now, their era is coming to an end probably.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
September 29, 2018, 09:46:12 AM
Quit ICO and join a PUMP group. The biggest PUMP community ever! You can join via discord https://discord.gg/fm3tyYW. One pump per week. Last couple was on Vibe (16 september) and NAV ( 22 september) on Binance
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
September 29, 2018, 09:07:56 AM
This is very normal that most of people are quitting ico's. The investors invests money to make a profit, no one wants to risk his money. If the investor could not buy from pre-sale, he chooses to buy from exchange. Because most of tokens prices can not reach to public sale prices after they are listed on exchanges.
buying on exchanges now become best way to avoid big loss while token dumped.as we know much token dumped after its token listed on market.some private sale contributor or bounty hunter sell their token at cheap price.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
September 29, 2018, 08:53:13 AM
This is very normal that most of people are quitting ico's. The investors invests money to make a profit, no one wants to risk his money. If the investor could not buy from pre-sale, he chooses to buy from exchange. Because most of tokens prices can not reach to public sale prices after they are listed on exchanges.
Activity: 730
Merit: 102
Trphy.io
September 29, 2018, 08:45:38 AM
I also quit joining ICOS ,i have joined several from the past but i have never been a fan of ICO ,i just join because of the hype i guess
i have observed that most altcoins when launch in an exchange deflate in value lower than the ICO price. So i think its a better strategy to wait and invest when its already launched in an exchange. Trading is a waiting game and patience is a virtue if you missed one there will always be another chance.
Activity: 322
September 29, 2018, 08:17:00 AM
I don't see it is the best way to do if you know you can earn better in some ICO's that you've only be careful on joining their campaign to make your investments really grow in a good amount. All I can say to you about joining ICO's is read and research before participating on them to prevent on losing any amount of your investments that you want to deploy to them.
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
September 29, 2018, 07:37:14 AM
Do not quit ICO's, when market correction is over, sure good project with real service to deliver will be profitable, do not be in a hurry to earn in the cryptocurrency platform, the deal is to ensure you research properly before you invest in order to get the best from your investment and also to avoid investing in scam ICO's , Be assured that the future holds good ICO in the future.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
September 29, 2018, 04:46:04 AM
I think that investing in ICO and gambling during the downturn in the cryptocurrency market is very similar. ICO is only the most confident when investing in bitcoin. In addition to this, the ICO risk is very large.
Quiting up is depends on our luck, maybe some other people quit ico because they are not lucky on this feild. Investing in ico is just like gambling. We really need to select the verry best ico to gain a huge amount of profit, maybe there are so many ICO on the feild and I believe that some of the ICO's are scam so we really need to take good care on choosing the right ico.
Activity: 434
September 29, 2018, 04:29:44 AM
I think that investing in ICO and gambling during the downturn in the cryptocurrency market is very similar. ICO is only the most confident when investing in bitcoin. In addition to this, the ICO risk is very large.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
September 29, 2018, 02:34:03 AM
Now the difficult period for the crypto-currency market is just continuing, including for ICO projects. Therefore, most likely, such a solution can be true for the current time. The bear market will pass, then investment in ICO projects can be resumed.
I have been very skeptical about ICOs for a very long time and I always believed that it was far more prudent to invest your money into bitcoins or cryptos rather than investing in an ico which may run away with your money at the long run and it always seem to happen.

Investing In ICOs may give you more profits because of the higher risks. I am in the same side as you are. I think BTC and cryptos has a good potential right now to give profits due to the "low" market. Better invest in BTC than any other ICO right now.
Pages:
Jump to: