Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 23. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
May 16, 2018, 08:16:19 AM
All the reasons are vague for a genuine ICO and will be your greatest mistake if you quit it.
Activity: 365
Merit: 101
May 15, 2018, 08:19:15 AM
I agree with your statement above that the number of ICOs is getting higher and higher but they all stop operating whenever they are done with the sales.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
May 14, 2018, 10:48:59 PM
My point of view is not to give up all these ICO but to pick from them. If we can't find the right one then we should try more than one. I think then one of them would be fruitful. I think ICO is one of the next big technological advancement. We simply can't keep us away from it, we shouldn't.
Activity: 392
Merit: 49
May 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
The problem is, there are way too many ICOs, so all the money is divided among them. The collected funds are very often only a bit below softcap an the result is not good at all as motivation for the ICO team. Lots of ICOs started their planning phase in December or January, when the whole crypto space was very enthusiastic. Four month ago every shitcoin reached hardcap, but now it is the other way round. Even good ICOs have problems to reach softcap. This will be an issue if you started by thinking you could reach hardcap easily but in the end only almost the softcap is passed.

But there are positive aspects too: maybe we get some useless shitcoins away, the amount of them is quite impressive and it would be a good thing if the bitcoin dominance will profit by this.
Activity: 117
May 14, 2018, 11:15:59 AM
Some awesome points here. I think it's fair to say not everyone who makes  project is legit. But thorough investigations is important. Before investing I always try to protect my money or investment before any profit.

I do not think Ico itself is bad but the bad is our attitude towards how this market works, no one wants to invest in the project because he believes the future of the project but only to sell profits.
Ico is good to invest if you can really make money if the projects are going to be listed in a big exchange and not on etherdelta and hitbtc the most common is throw away and sell out of panic.
Activity: 714
Merit: 103
May 14, 2018, 10:50:01 AM
when the market is in bad condition some time ago I decided to temporary stop in ico, I think the risk is too big at that time.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
May 14, 2018, 10:38:28 AM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

I think not all ico are scams, but many ico are nice and have the potential to grow. If you ever fooled with ico do not think all ico is a scam, try to bounce back and see ico in a positive manner.

I am with the author, and really I can relate his concerns. Though not all ICO's are scams, but some are half bake and do not have a clear intention with the project. Its just created just for trading to take profit in my opinion. There are good projects too, like the Ethereum platform for example, but with the Ethereum tokens, there are also many projects that failed don't have any value at all. The flood gates are opened but I have this can be regulated soon.

+2 merits for the author for his valid and realistic concerns
Activity: 112
May 14, 2018, 10:13:18 AM
Thus quite an incredible analysis. I have personally had problem with the equivalence of ICO prizes with ethereum. Selling thousands of a particular token for just one coin is quite a bad marketing strategy. Thanks for that analysis. With the issue of too much ICO, its all because there are no legit ways to check ICOs. Most also have unrealistic ideas that you can't even comprehend. Untill a a good mechanism is put in place to check ICOs, it will be risky to invest much.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
May 14, 2018, 09:48:48 AM
Some ICO's once recorded in the trades the group don't effectively improve their venture. Contributing an ICO's are not productive nowadays such a large number of cheats after they collected colossal cash. Just couple of I can state great and consistent with their words since they take after their guide and guarantee to exercise the venture.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
May 14, 2018, 09:46:19 AM
I understand your points of view about ICOs and why you have decided to quit on them. Your concerns and points are true and very much valid, like there are a lot of ICOs out there and most of them are just for scams or other bad activities. Though these statements are true, I can say that it can't still deny the fact that a lot of people are still into it and are doing it properly and it is letting them earn clean money, hard earned money for their families, just like me, I am still into it. It is helping me earn something for my family,  so just an advise we just really need to be very careful on which ICO to invest into.
Activity: 151
May 14, 2018, 09:25:00 AM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

I think not all ico are scams, but many ico are nice and have the potential to grow. If you ever fooled with ico do not think all ico is a scam, try to bounce back and see ico in a positive manner.
Activity: 98
May 14, 2018, 08:26:52 AM
Many potential ICOs are quitting at some point for a variety of reasons such as impatience, not finding the major trading floors, the need for cash.
Therefore, before investing in an ICO project we should find out that the ICO has the potential and future development basis, bringing benefits to the community, the opportunity to make a profit from the that ICO.
Activity: 193
May 14, 2018, 06:37:23 AM
You do not have to take any advertised ICO. Choose with a good team and with a partially working product. You can evaluate by its need for end users and the likelihood of occupying a market niche.
Activity: 365
Merit: 101
May 14, 2018, 06:17:18 AM
I get what you are saying but we need to point out that there are so many ICO's that being launched every now and again which makes them less profitable for the investors than they could be. Even though there are still some ICO's that look promising and can bring profit.
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
May 14, 2018, 02:59:07 AM
Some ICOs success when landed on exchange and some dont. Its depend on the community, because i think the dev team can not control the price in the market. Its true that join on ICOs sometimes give us many bonus but many people dump the bonus when token landed on exchanger and thats make the price fall.
I am better investing my money on token/coin that already exist in market because we can research more deeper
Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
May 14, 2018, 01:22:17 AM

• massive hardcaps

Investors are keep making investment to ICOs due to its profitability. There are many people who loses their money in ICOs because their knowledge is not enough. It is better if we will research well first before we participate in ICOs.
copper member
Activity: 363
Merit: 9
May 14, 2018, 01:07:25 AM

• massive hardcaps

It is now very hard to recognized a legitimate ICO to invest. On my experience in investing in ICO is not good because the price of token dropped to 50 percent of it's ICO price and now i am waiting for to recover to it's ICO price or more before i could make any move on that token that i had. Surely i am going to lose money if i am going to sell it now.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
May 14, 2018, 12:51:30 AM

• massive hardcaps

It was very unfortunate for you to invest on an ico that has failing their platform because there are a lot of ico's today who are successful in their project and you should not give up on looking for an ico or joining their community.
Activity: 32
May 14, 2018, 12:42:07 AM
Whenever you try to access ICOs, you get vulnerable to any hack probability and so better to keep away from it.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
May 13, 2018, 12:37:27 PM
Yes I agree with your point but I will not quit participating some ICO's because I know that not all ICO are the same even it is too risky to invest our money you just need to be more careful in choosing them to invest your money. Reading their project and and observing their teams are the best things to do in joining some of them.
Pages:
Jump to: