Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 22. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
May 17, 2018, 01:22:02 PM

Due to the popularity of bitcoin, ICO leave with the intention of cheating and we all enter this btc world to generate income not to lose
Activity: 112
May 17, 2018, 01:18:26 PM
ICOs are bad because of scammers and overrated projects, people always like to have free money and ICO was good for it but nowadays it's very difficult to find decent project.

Its true only few ICOs are paying well and its hard find a good ICOs nowadays because even those trusted bounty manager are sometimes handling bounty programs that scammed their followers.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
May 17, 2018, 01:11:44 PM
ICOs are bad because of scammers and overrated projects, people always like to have free money and ICO was good for it but nowadays it's very difficult to find decent project.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
May 17, 2018, 10:06:08 AM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
I have no doubt that most of ICOs nowadays are scam. There are many greedy person who doing fake projects for them to easily make money. We should be careful if we will make investment with ICOs.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
May 17, 2018, 09:49:42 AM
You had valid reasons why to leave in ICO's. We can not force you to remain in the industry since you consider many things. All we have now why we stay is the hope. Hope that we will earn again by going back trend in increasing. All things might happen in the future so we had a big hope that it will have a positive outcome.
Activity: 29
May 17, 2018, 08:40:02 AM
Very interesting topic and views you guys have. I am actually investing more time and energy exploring different ICOs.
Activity: 55
May 17, 2018, 08:16:20 AM
On the contrary, I study deeper ico. I see this as a prospect and an opportunity to make good money. Don't leave stay with us)))
Yeah you are right. Investment in cryptocurrency needs patience and courage to bear the loss. If you are real businessman then you will be able to handle bad situations but if you are ordinary investors then it is difficult for you to cross difficult situations. Most people withdraw their money due to huge deficit in the price. They can’t want to lose all their money.
Activity: 196
May 17, 2018, 03:39:32 AM
I believe any reasonable person would agree not everyone that venture into it genuine. In any case, exhaustive examinations is critical. You made some amazing points there thank.
Activity: 854
Merit: 251
May 17, 2018, 02:42:56 AM
there are many reasons someone goes out or quits the investment of cryptocurrency. including the reasons for their lack of capital and also too long to lose money in cryptocurrency
Activity: 365
Merit: 101
May 17, 2018, 02:34:01 AM
Even though there are so many ICO projects that can be characterized as bad, unsuccessful ones or they lack the idea and promising development team that will not bring ICO to the end of its existance just yet. It is way too popular to distinguish completely now.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
May 17, 2018, 02:27:00 AM
Some ICO's once recorded in the trades the group don't effectively improve their venture. Contributing an ICO's are not productive nowadays such a large number of cheats after they collected colossal cash. Just couple of I can state great and consistent with their words since they take after their guide and guarantee to exercise the venture.
These ICOs have already dominated the bad name with bitcoins. The wavelength of scam and fraud in this ICO investment is now resonating with nothing. People are losing interest in this category because of no final or genuine response from them. That is why these projects are now being banned in some countries and they should be, or a proper structured system should be established.
Yeah, we know that ICO has some chance 70% fail project, That's why you need some research about the project and others think. Don't invest with money you cant afford to lose, Before making some investment ICO have already some agreement.
Activity: 397
Merit: 100
May 17, 2018, 02:23:05 AM
Some ICO's once recorded in the trades the group don't effectively improve their venture. Contributing an ICO's are not productive nowadays such a large number of cheats after they collected colossal cash. Just couple of I can state great and consistent with their words since they take after their guide and guarantee to exercise the venture.
These ICOs have already dominated the bad name with bitcoins. The wavelength of scam and fraud in this ICO investment is now resonating with nothing. People are losing interest in this category because of no final or genuine response from them. That is why these projects are now being banned in some countries and they should be, or a proper structured system should be established.
Activity: 686
May 16, 2018, 07:40:22 PM
most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale

Are you sure? Most ICO's I've seen are normally bought by big BTC/ETH holders, which are not necessarily investors...
If they are buying into the ico, how it is possible that they are not investors? How do you define investors? Anyone that invest in an ico no matter how big or how small is that investment becomes an investor, but now most icos are creating a presale of tokens in which only those that have a lot the money are admitted which is a shame because that leaves many people out without the possibility of investing at those preferential prices.
Activity: 249
May 16, 2018, 06:31:02 PM
Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.

I think that person is not that kind of investor like you that's why he/she want to quit ICO . Well it's not bad when you want to quit investing with ICO maybe you lost a lot that's why but you need to be aware that investing with ICO needs you to become wise. Just like what you did you have the strategy that's why you gained profit.
Activity: 392
May 16, 2018, 06:20:50 PM
many may be the reason why you quit from ico. ranging from because you lose a lot in ico and also maybe you just do not believe in ico anymore. it could happen
Quitting in ICO is really okay if you are loosing a lot of money, and we all know that investing in ICO have a high risk, but there is no doubt that if we can find a good ico we really earn a big profit so my advice you can still invest in ICO but just only invest with great ICO.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
May 16, 2018, 05:00:04 PM
ICO will again shoot at X10 + once bitcoin again will be $ 20,000 and go top. And in general, 60% of ICO failure and fraud.
Some icos have the chance to do that, to grow immensely in value as bitcoin begins to grow, but you must remember that most icos failed already, and I think that with the new regulations that are coming to icos many people are afraid to invest in them and are preparing to invest in coins that are already established and that have a good development team that we know it's not going to disappear overnight.
Activity: 826
May 16, 2018, 09:06:02 AM
many may be the reason why you quit from ico. ranging from because you lose a lot in ico and also maybe you just do not believe in ico anymore. it could happen
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
May 16, 2018, 08:53:16 AM
Yes, some of the ICOs have gone horribly bad Developed unexpected future Unplanned investment is really worthless as investing in it is really trashy but here you see it so open in the market that everything is a formulation and there are people trying to make money from it as well as you see here
Activity: 450
Merit: 107
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
May 16, 2018, 08:47:39 AM
In my opinion. if you want to follow ico or investment in ico then choose a coin that is really reliable, corporate identity is clear and have good management level. so that ico to be released really has a high selling value when it entered the actual coin market.
Activity: 168
May 16, 2018, 08:38:12 AM
I definitely agree with your points but quitting is not the solution. we all know there will be fanstastic projects  e.g. wanchain , ICX , vechain like them in near future. One thing i realized was people tend to be  active in bull market and loose hope at go inactive in bear market so they miss the good opportunity. Stay focused.
Pages:
Jump to: