Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I'm an atheist - page 2. (Read 88826 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
December 26, 2022, 10:32:03 AM

Whoa!! I have visions of what will happen in the future that come to pass too!.. like for instance, I had this vision last night that the sun would come up in the morning,
...and lo and behold, the sun came up!... its fucking magic!!! ...  

But anyway, ateotd ............... it's why I'm an atheist.

https://i.imgur.com/3IW9d6u.png  

Well, that just goes to show you, by your own admittance, that you don't really know how the universe works. The sun doesn't come up in the morning. Rather, the Earth turns so that a different section of it faces the sun.

So, learn a little science so that you can stop spouting magic. All you are proving is that your atheism is a religion.

Cool

The book of Genesis is full of magic. ROFL.

How old is Earth, again? Please do tell us.

Please do tell us your views on evolution. LOL.

Science my ass.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
December 23, 2022, 05:06:25 PM

Whoa!! I have visions of what will happen in the future that come to pass too!.. like for instance, I had this vision last night that the sun would come up in the morning,

https://i.imgur.com/3IW9d6u.png  

Well, that just goes to show you, by your own admittance, that you don't really know how the universe works. The sun doesn't come up in the morning. Rather, the Earth turns so that a different section of it faces the sun.

So, learn a little science so that you can stop spouting magic. All you are proving is that your atheism is a religion.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484
born once atheist
December 23, 2022, 04:27:44 AM
This is the most lengthy thread I have ever read since I joined Bitcointalk. ......
Obviously you must be new here... this one is a bit longer....https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wall-observer-btcusd-bitcoin-price-movement-tracking-discussion-178336

.....You have done justice by analyzing the two most popular religious believe.....

I can do justice by analyzing the Flying Spaghetti Monster if you'd like. His noodled appendage touched my soul and now I am a true believer.

..... I personally will not belong to any of those religion if it was only through just reading or listening to the religious leaders teach. .....
Oh come on now! Try reading the Holy Babble Bullshit Bible... its full of inerrant facts that cannot be disputed because ummm.... well they just can't, and that's that.

. I am a Christian, I stick to being a Christian because of my personal enchanters I have with Jesus and the Holy Spirit. ...

enchanters eh?  Yeah, I got enchanted once by an evil enchanter monster under my bed. I was five at the time and my mommy woke me up from having a nightmare.

...... I have received healing severally without taking any drugs. ..

Try taking drugs. You will have severally good times.

.... The holy spirit guides me ...

The holy spirit guides me too. Well, that's what I call  a shot of Absolut Peppar anyway  " The holy spirit"... its good shit man and causes me to make these less than eloquent posts.

........by showing me visions of what will happen in the future and they all come to pass.

legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
legendary
April 14, 2022, 04:40:14 PM
What seems to be the current best speculative attempt to explain the Universe's creation says that it was created by Quantum Fields, fields of energy which create particles by interacting between each other.

It's mainly a theoretical framework, as this is far from being empirical verified.

For beginners:
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/quantum-field-theory/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_field_theory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNVQfWC_evg

Anyone saying that anything able to create the Universe fits the concept of god, can create another church and start worshiping Quantum Fields.
legendary
March 17, 2022, 12:35:25 AM
As someone said, Christians (and before them, pharaoh Akhenaton and the Jews) spared Atheists a lot of time, when they ruled out all the thousands of gods that were worshiped 2 thousands years ago as purely fake gods.

They created the perfect target for Atheists: only one god.

The holy trinity didn't really create much problems. It's so absurd that makes every thing easier.

But the real point is, machines have makers. We don't have one strand of evidence that there is anything that came into existence spontaneously, without having been made. And we know of countless things that have makers.

The complexity of the universe shows that whatever could make it, fits our understanding of what God would be. God made it all.

Cool
legendary
March 15, 2022, 06:57:27 PM
As someone said, Christians (and before them, pharaoh Akhenaton and the Jews) spared Atheists a lot of time, when they ruled out all the thousands of gods that were worshiped 2 thousands years ago as purely fake gods.

They created the perfect target for Atheists: only one god.

The holy trinity didn't really create much problems. It's so absurd that makes every thing easier.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
January 15, 2022, 08:40:35 PM
The fact that there are hundreds of religions around the world is why I am also an atheist. Every single one of them thinks they have all the answers.... in reality, no one knows for sure.
legendary
January 14, 2022, 06:15:14 PM
The religious flatearthers denying evolution are implying that god created all the SARS 2 variants when he created the world.

They just kept quiet for six thousand years and then, in two years, started popping up like popcorn.

Remember, there are dozens of variants, with tiny mutations. We just read about the concerning ones.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variants_of_SARS-CoV-2

But all of them were planed and created by god at the same time.

We'll see how many more variants god prepared for us (irony).
legendary
December 22, 2021, 04:27:29 PM
The lie about Jesus resurrection is in accordance with many other, including the one saying that Jesus was a descendant from David born in Bethlehem, when everything in the Bible points out to Nazareth.

There is no record of any census around the year 0 to force them to travel with Mary about to give birth.

The killing of the babies by Herod is ridiculous. The Romans wouldn’t ever allow that.

In fact, something as outraged as this would leave traces on historical records, including Jewish records. They would be the victims.

All of these lies were invented solely to make Jesus fit the ancient prophecies about the messiah.
Activity: 1451
Merit: 973
December 19, 2021, 03:38:14 PM
I had a post deleted there so this is not a repost but just to make it clear. I don't hate or even dislike atheists or anyone for that matter. Its's your actions that define you as a person. There are plenty of so called Christians, Muslims, Jews et al who don't practice what they preach and plenty of atheists who practice better what the former preach.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 328
December 19, 2021, 02:22:27 PM
Is owning human beings as property moral?

Am skipping the rest questions so I can answer this. Like this, answers to the rest questions will also be what you will dispute. Every creator has a right to decide what they want to do with their creature, whether animate or inanimate. A car manufacturer, a goldsmith, a builder, a programmer are creators and are not different from God on that level. They have their different desires fir creating whatever they create. You have to understand that the only reason God created man was for His pleasure. So he can do with man the way it pleases Him like the creators of the objects I listed above.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
December 17, 2021, 03:57:30 AM
Where is Heaven?

Is that some sort of comic book convention?

Reading the statement at the bottom of your profile where the signature space is and what the conclusion you reached there, am forced to remind you what the holy book talks about in 1 Corinthians 1:27 as how God chooses the foolish things of the world to put the wise to shame. He chooses the weak things of this world to put the powerful to shame. You can read it up. Those who act wise now will always end foolish before God.

I agree entirely with the statement in af_newbie's signature space. Religion is an ancient mechanism of social control, nothing more. It's an anachronism. It helped to keep tribal groups together and also provided an invisible all-seeing presence who would punish any bad behaviour. Nowadays the role played by religion is fulfilled by other things, police, army, government, surveillance cameras, etc.
legendary
December 16, 2021, 08:25:44 AM
Where is Heaven?

Reading the statement at the bottom of your profile where the signature space is and what the conclusion you reached there, am forced to remind you what the holy book talks about in 1 Corinthians 1:27 as how God chooses the foolish things of the world to put the wise to shame. He chooses the weak things of this world to put the powerful to shame. You can read it up. Those who act wise now will always end foolish before God.

In your Christian mythology, what is God made of, what are his powers, and where does he live?

Can he make a stone that he could not lift?

Is owning human beings as property moral? Is it ok to kill men just because they had sex with other men?
Activity: 1890
Merit: 328
December 16, 2021, 12:47:15 AM
Where is Heaven?

legendary
December 14, 2021, 06:43:17 PM
This is the most lengthy thread I have ever read since I joined Bitcointalk. You have done justice by analyzing the two most popular religious believe. I personally will not belong to any of those religion if it was only through just reading or listening to the religious leaders teach. I am a Christian, I stick to being a Christian because of my personal enchanters I have with Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I have received healing severally without taking any drugs. The holy spirit guides me by showing me visions of what will happen in the future and they all come to pass.

So, fill yourself on the Bible. It's the only accurate source for Christianity. See you in Heaven.

Cool

Where is Heaven?

legendary
December 12, 2021, 08:48:58 PM
This is the most lengthy thread I have ever read since I joined Bitcointalk. You have done justice by analyzing the two most popular religious believe. I personally will not belong to any of those religion if it was only through just reading or listening to the religious leaders teach. I am a Christian, I stick to being a Christian because of my personal enchanters I have with Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I have received healing severally without taking any drugs. The holy spirit guides me by showing me visions of what will happen in the future and they all come to pass.

So, fill yourself on the Bible. It's the only accurate source for Christianity. See you in Heaven.

Cool
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
December 12, 2021, 05:01:38 PM
legendary
December 08, 2021, 08:21:44 PM
Christians don’t just pretend that Jesus survived the cross thanks to his «immortal soul».

They don’t just believe that he resurrected after three days, like Osiris and others (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying-and-rising_deity) or the Sun on the 25th December.

They pretend that he ascended to heaven still with his mortal body, flouting up into the sky.

It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Superman, it’s Neo… no, it’s Jesus doing a loop and another risky aerobatic maneuver.

Ergo, on Heaven there are mostly «souls», but people from the family also walk around there in body.

The body is made of matter, flesh and bones, but no problem. It won’t die or decay forever.

It's perplexing that someone can even accept these histories as worthy of consideration.

Since this is what's happening, it's amazing that people are mentally strong enough to replace themselves over God in the operation of things. Of course, they are only blinding themselves to the REAL God, and lifting themselves up to the god-position... because they think they want to be in control.

Cool
legendary
December 08, 2021, 06:15:19 PM
Christians don’t just pretend that Jesus survived the cross thanks to his «immortal soul».

They don’t just believe that he resurrected after three days, like Osiris and others (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying-and-rising_deity) or the Sun on the 25th December.

They pretend that he ascended to heaven still with his mortal body, flouting up into the sky.

It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Superman, it’s Neo… no, it’s Jesus doing a loop and another risky aerobatic maneuver.

Ergo, on Heaven there are mostly «souls», but people from the family also walk around there in body.

The body is made of matter, flesh and bones, but no problem. It won’t die or decay forever.

It's perplexing that someone can even accept these histories as worthy of consideration.
Pages:
Jump to: