Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? - page 8. (Read 11234 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
November 24, 2017, 12:57:58 AM
Bit coin is currency and we know that currency is highly volatile the major components of economy change the demand and supply of a specific currency. The demand can make the volatility of currency bitcoin is also volatile but the demand for this currency is high due to which the price goes up.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
November 24, 2017, 12:30:37 AM
Bitcoin value is volatile because of the demand that is why it value of it is unstable sometimes high sometimes low that is why if you have already save bitcoin you need to wait for the value to increase in order for you to sell it before the value of it will drop again.
You need not to worry about the price of bitcoin because the trend of bitcoin is always going up rather than of going down.
Ups and downs is normally happen as its price depend in the market demand. Remembering the value of bitcoin since from existence is very far. And if you invest bitcoin right it could be doubled buy a year after.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
November 23, 2017, 11:04:52 PM
Bitcoin value is volatile because of the demand that is why it value of it is unstable sometimes high sometimes low that is why if you have already save bitcoin you need to wait for the value to increase in order for you to sell it before the value of it will drop again.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
November 23, 2017, 09:32:53 PM
Its just textbook supply and demand but just done in a very "unfriendly" way as it does not have a central bank controlling the price. Bitcoin is also made in such a way (decentralized) that whales can control the market significantly which also contributes to its volatility.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
November 23, 2017, 07:36:22 PM
Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

We all know that Cryptocurrency are entirely volatile especially Bitcoin that we are using right now. Why is it volatile? Because it is probably that demand and supply are depends on the consumer. If many consumer are investing it will rise its value but some investor are holding their money so that the money flowing in the blockchain would be lessen. Bitcoin value would not be stable.
Activity: 1140
Merit: 103
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
November 23, 2017, 06:56:17 PM
The bitcoin community are so small and think its okay for a good benefits. And it seems people are very high to their new standards they are very worthy of their coins because they could trade it in hifh value. Bitcoin is volatile because some coins compets to some coin value.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
November 23, 2017, 01:22:26 AM
Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

bitcoin will always be expensive its price do not miss the opportunity when you can buy at cheap price just buy and sure that the next year bitcoin will be very expensive
Not sure! Someday, the cryptocurrency world can changes the King or new platform of currency better than cryptocurrency and blockchain. Everything can not guaranfees the value forever, unless the God or something needed can not changes as real estate, foods ... Grin
That's right, technology always changing everyday, the oldest one become obsolete by the coming of new technology, the value can't hold forever but if bitcoin starting to be implemented everywhere.
By that, there's a big chance that we'll see the cryptocurrencies can hold for a long time.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 01:07:12 AM
There are many reasons why bitcoin prices are volatile ..
I think ..we do not should feel anxious if Bitcoin's prices are volatile, because Bitcoin's fluctuating price indicates a high global interest in Bitcoin.

I think it's time we to look at the market and wait for the low bitcoin price if we want to buy bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 267
November 22, 2017, 12:43:32 AM
bitcoin will always be expensive its price do not miss the opportunity when you can buy at cheap price just buy and sure that the next year bitcoin will be very expensive
Not sure! Someday, the cryptocurrency world can changes the King or new platform of currency better than cryptocurrency and blockchain. Everything can not guaranfees the value forever, unless the God or something needed can not changes as real estate, foods ... Grin
It will come to that point but currently bitcoin price is so high because more and more people are using or investing on it. As long as the users support bitcoin it is going to stay on top. Other crypto currencies has a long way before they reach where bitcoin is now.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 08:40:32 PM
There is no Bitcoin Federal Reserve. New Bitcoins can't be printed at the rate of adoption. And there are certain whales who can singlehandedly affect the price.

Look at the exchange order books and they are thin enough for daily swings to be pretty huge. The market has not matured to the point where there are large reserves preventing a move in any particular direction.

And lately, there has been so much new money coming in, the sellers can't even remotely keep up. So the value has changed quickly, but mostly in the positive direction.
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
November 21, 2017, 07:38:44 PM

Activity: 345
November 20, 2017, 05:47:48 AM

I'm not really sure on what excatly the reason is but maybe it has to do with the demand that Bitcoin is having in the market since its market value is proportional with the demand such that if the price is increasing, chances are high that the demand is getting higher. So if the value of it is changing everytime, same thing is happening with the demand and volume.
Activity: 420
November 20, 2017, 05:18:02 AM
you should know that cryptocurrency market is entirely volatile and if you want to invest or trade, there always will be the risk. bitcoin is just one of many
Activity: 56
November 20, 2017, 02:14:26 AM
Rate of adoption is hampered by bad press: News events that scare Bitcoin users include geopolitical events and statements by governments that Bitcoin is likely to be regulated. Bitcoin's early adopters included several mal actors, producing headline news stories that produced fear in investors. Headline-making Bitcoin news includes the bankruptcy of Mt. Gox in early 2014, and the high-profile use of Bitcoin in drug transactions via Silk Road that ended with the FBI shutdown of the marketplace in October 2013. Both these incidents and the public panic that ensured drove the value of Bitcoins versus fiat currencies down rapidly. However, Bitcoin-friendly investors viewed those events as evidence that the market was maturing, driving the value of Bitcoins versus the dollar markedly back up in the short period immediately following the news events.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
November 20, 2017, 02:11:24 AM
Obviously basically we should really be aware of price motion of bitcoin that certainly really changes from time to time and we should be able to make use of bitcoin price itself to achieve profit. As you may know that the value of Bitcoin it had been depends upon the guidelines of supply and demand.  the cost is dependent upon how many economies agreed to pay. If a large number of people want to buy Bitcoin, then the price will go up. If more and more people want to sell Bitcoin, then your price lowers. I am also so far still trying to deepen relating to this to more learning (understanding more) the motion of bitcoin price in the other things once again.
The only thing which is making not only bitcoin but almost all the coins which are there in the world of crypto currency as more volatile currencies is the increasing demand of all the coins especially that of bitcoin in the international market.

With the passage of time, there are more number of people who are getting to know about bitcoin and are ready to invest in bitcoin which is resulting in more volatility.
Activity: 24
November 18, 2017, 02:46:11 PM
Price fluctuations in the Bitcoin spot rate on the Bitcoin exchanges is driven by many factors. Bitcoin’s volatility at the present makes it a somewhat unclear store of value, but it promises nearly frictionless value transfer.
Little option value to large holders of the currency, Bitcoin volatility is also to an extent driven by holders of large proportions of the total outstanding float of the currency.

Activity: 760
Merit: 109
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
November 18, 2017, 01:13:59 PM
I also think so but Btc price is raising so fast and investment with it is profitable.  Besides bitcoin is the best currency and method of payment,  very easy to use, help to earn and and so i use btc
Activity: 462
November 18, 2017, 01:04:02 PM

Activity: 462
November 18, 2017, 01:01:13 PM

Well, I think that the reasoin behind bitcoin’s volatileness is the fact that it is not legal yet. Despite bitcoin not being legal, still a lot of people prefer to use it for transactions and as well for earnings. Another factor is also the competition with other cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 368
Merit: 104
November 18, 2017, 08:40:10 AM

Bitcoin's value depends on the investors and users. The more people investing and holding bitcoin, the higher the price goes. It really depends on market demand. So, expect bitcoin to rocket-up because more and more people are getting interested in bitcoin because it is really profitable.
Bitcoin is an asset, and as usual they always start up with a low amount and a very low market cap. Its price fluctuates to any direction depending on investors, how much they invest and how much they withdraw. But sometimes, I get confused when I’m trying to compare gold and Bitcoin.

Unlike Bitcoin, gold is always less volatile and makes little changes, despite the fact that millions (or possibly billions) of people from around the world invests on it.
A huge asset indeed. Remember during the boom of gold at some point, it also started this way and there was a point when there was just that booming trend due to the demand. However, gold even though being an asset is controlled, while bitcoin is not, and the masses are the one determining what they are willing to pay for it which makes it even better. It is very useful and as long as it keeps being useful, there would always be demand for it.

What gold boom do you refer to specifically?

If you refer to gold rising in the early 2010's, this rise was primarily driven by insane amounts of dollars being poured by the FED into the US stock market which also affected the prices of gold (which is a commodity, not a stock, but still). When the FED had finally ended their QE games, gold quickly retrieved to its "fair value", where it stays till now. If the American dollar is set to be devalued massively in the future (an unlikely event, anyway), gold will boom again, but its real value would remain the same unless there is a catastrophic economic meltdown across the whole world
Yes, The decrease in volatility will automatically lead to decrease in the profits generated by bitcoin. Bitcoin is highly in demand due to its volatile nature and it is able to amaze all of us just because of its volatile nature. I am not in favor of bitcoin for becoming stable just like gold. People will then lose interest in bitcoin. Even if it goes mainstream, bitcoin should maintain its volatile nature.
Pages:
Jump to: