Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? - page 5. (Read 11234 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
January 06, 2018, 02:06:45 PM
Bitcoin value is so volatile because it matter's in demand and supply, if many people took time to invest the value also rose up, if lesser people invest then the value drops down, This is the only thing i've learned in trading.
I agree, when investors are starting to come in and those new ones that are putting new volume of investment to bitcoin which will add another market cap it will lead bitcoin's price to increase. And that will be good for those holders that are just doing nothing with their bitcoins but let it hold for a long time. And the volatility is giving us a good opportunity that even we do nothing, we will earn that much.
This is the time for holder earn profit, but to be honest, you should change your investment type when the market be quiet again. I think we will have a rested time soon after some final altcoins pumped in this trend. Doge, Sia, Digibyte, Factom and Maid, I think these coins can continue to increase x2 value and Bitcoin will comeback to $20,000.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
January 03, 2018, 12:42:26 AM
Bitcoin remains very volatile now because there are lots of uncertainties and fear around it. Bitcoin's volatility could also be related to its unpredictability and lack of serious structure it. There are lots of negativity around the cryptocurrency and many people are still sceptical about it. 
Activity: 238
January 02, 2018, 11:40:59 PM
I think it is so volatile due to the huge influx of new people into the market, and then some dump their Bitcoin once gaining enough profit, driving the prices down. Anyway, it is still a new market and may stabilise in the future.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
January 01, 2018, 09:05:23 AM
I think bitcoin’s value is dependant on the intensity of demand and supply there is. Whenever traders purchase tokens, the price is bound to go up. The opposite is true when traders decide to sell off their tokens.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 01, 2018, 05:47:24 AM
Bitcoin value is so volatile because it matter's in demand and supply, if many people took time to invest the value also rose up, if lesser people invest then the value drops down, This is the only thing i've learned in trading.
I agree, when investors are starting to come in and those new ones that are putting new volume of investment to bitcoin which will add another market cap it will lead bitcoin's price to increase. And that will be good for those holders that are just doing nothing with their bitcoins but let it hold for a long time. And the volatility is giving us a good opportunity that even we do nothing, we will earn that much.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
January 01, 2018, 03:44:07 AM
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
January 01, 2018, 03:37:42 AM
Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

It is because of the demand and supply laws. If bitcoin has increasing demand, it's value will also increase, thus, it is not a perfect time to buy bitcoin. If bitcoin has decreasing demand, it's value will decrease and this is the perfect time to buy bitcoin. Also, bitcoin is decentralized, and it's value depends only in the bitcoin community.

We all know about the law of supply and demand

But this doesn't explain the underlying causes of Bitcoin volatility, right? Indeed, in the end it all comes down to the balance of supply and demand, but what actually makes them change so fast so much? I'd rather say it is lack of real adoption. For example, why major fiat currencies are so stable? In a nutshell, it is because you can buy so many things with them, and the amount of speculation relative to real use is quite low. In other words, if Bitcoin were mainly used in commerce as it should be, it would be rock solid too. But it is all about reckless and wild speculation, thus we have what we have, i.e. insane volatility
Activity: 312
Merit: 109
arcs-chain.com
December 31, 2017, 03:41:08 PM
Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

It is because of the demand and supply laws. If bitcoin has increasing demand, it's value will also increase, thus, it is not a perfect time to buy bitcoin. If bitcoin has decreasing demand, it's value will decrease and this is the perfect time to buy bitcoin. Also, bitcoin is decentralized, and it's value depends only in the bitcoin community.
Activity: 344
Merit: 105
December 31, 2017, 07:17:26 AM

For me, i think It's because it's in the market. Base on my understanding bitcoin price is starting to rise when the demand of bitcoin is high. Vice versa if the price is starting to fall. When buying a bitcoin you should always  consider the value. As you can see now bitcoin price is huge so its not recommended to invest now unless if bitcoin will pump again ..
Activity: 182
December 31, 2017, 07:12:39 AM
As far as I can judge the value of bitcoin is tied to the inherent laws of supply and demand, according to crypto exchange Coinbase.
Whenever traders rally to purchase tokens, the price is bound to go up. The opposite is true when traders decide to sell off their tokens.
Many of the price swings that appear to occur on a daily basis can also be accounted for by the relatively small number of bitcoin in circulation.
I think that even small changes to the supply can have a potentially big impact on prices.
Activity: 154
December 26, 2017, 11:23:18 AM
Of course, there are a lot of different causes, but the main is the relatively small group of big investors - the whales - that still have the power to move the market.
Activity: 39
December 26, 2017, 10:41:51 AM
Because the Bitcoin's value is depending on the trust of investors. If people withdraw their money from the cryptocurrencies market , the volume will be down and the price will be down too.
Activity: 210
December 26, 2017, 12:54:09 AM
Bitcoin value become volatile because News about security breaches make investors react.Bitcoin can also become volatile when the Bitcoin community exposes security vulnerabilities in an effort to produce massive open source responses in the form of security fixes.

Activity: 291
Merit: 119
December 26, 2017, 12:03:53 AM
Bitcoin value is si volatile because of the fact that it is decentralized and no one is there to check over it.
Also influential buyers can change or alter its value and pricing.

Value of bitcoin is all about supply and demand. The making of bitcoin is solely depended on miners. Thus there is a limited inflow of bitcoins. Some influential buyers may buy a really huge amount of bitcoin and can hold it for long which will create sharp shortage in the availability i.e the supply of bitcoins and hence the price will rise.

Also its a digital cryptorruncy and not many people are known to it. It almost behaves like a stock holding wjich pretty much explains the volatility of its price and value.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 102
December 26, 2017, 12:02:38 AM
bitcoins value is volatile because the one who hold the prices is us, bitcoin community. put it simply that the prices will keep up with the demand and supply percentages. it is sweet if demands high and low supply  Smiley

Yes, we people are holding the bitcoin and selling them when price increases. People are dumping when it reaches high and making a good amount of money and started buying when the price of bitcoin decreases.
Activity: 308
December 25, 2017, 11:40:32 PM
bitcoins value is volatile because the one who hold the prices is us, bitcoin community. put it simply that the prices will keep up with the demand and supply percentages. it is sweet if demands high and low supply  Smiley
Nfp
Activity: 168
Merit: 14
December 25, 2017, 11:35:43 PM

The reason why is bitcoin value is so volatile, it is because of it's demand and supply. When the demand of bitcoin is to high the supply is going to short, and when the supply is shorted this is the time that the value of bitcoin is rising up. And when the value of bitcoin is to high many bitcoin holders are selling because of it's high value. And the supply is surplus because of those who sells their bitcoins, then the value of it is goin down because of it's excess supply.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
December 24, 2017, 06:55:20 PM

Because bitcoin is not a fiat bitcoinis a digital money that the value is not stable like fiat its always flactuating the reason is theres a lot of people sell and buy bitcoin so that's why the value of bitcoin is not stable but it is a good opportunity to earn more money.
Although Bitcoin isn't FIAT, but in the past, Bitcoin was a currency and we called it's a cryptocurrency. But, by the value and the growth of Bitcoin made the user changed their opinion in cryptocurrency. Instead a currency, they make Bitcoin becomes an asset for investment like now.
Activity: 350
December 21, 2017, 12:04:10 AM

Because bitcoin is not a fiat bitcoinis a digital money that the value is not stable like fiat its always flactuating the reason is theres a lot of people sell and buy bitcoin so that's why the value of bitcoin is not stable but it is a good opportunity to earn more money.
Activity: 546
December 20, 2017, 11:47:12 PM
Yes bitcoin is volatile. I do not know the real reason why. But for me, bitcoin is not volatile because we know that bitcoin is not stable price. Then many users invest like buy and sell btc to double their money. Then I ask my self why they know if btc is going down and going up. Is there anyone who could manipulate the price of bitcoin.
Bitcoin is volatile because it is the most popular crypto currency in the world, the most contributing factor of bitcoin volatility is because of the investors and sellers. The more people buying bitcoin then the more its price increase and one thing that also affect bitcoin volatility is because of the altcoins in the market and we all know that are many people around the world that are earning altcoins then later will be trade in to bitcoins
Pages:
Jump to: