Author

Topic: Why is gambling so addicting? - page 301. (Read 233197 times)

Activity: 424
Merit: 250
Legendary est. 2013
April 03, 2016, 03:51:24 AM
The most important factor which makes you addicted are the losing strikes.

Many gamblers get crazy then and seem to plug off their brain. Imagine: How often do you see people on PD betting with 2X payout chance (49.5%) at a house edge of 1%. Let's say our fictive player starts with a small 0.01 BTC bet, then loses 5 times while constantly doubling (0.01; 0.02; 0.04; 0.08; 0.16) and wins 0.01 with 0.32 BTC risked (equated 32X returned profit)!! Finally you just play to get your losses back, what most likely won't work through. This is not just crazy, that's simply insane but reality on all larger dice sites.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
April 03, 2016, 02:38:08 AM
when you win a big jackpot!! but its only for first if you dont have control you will lost everything be wise if you play gambling dont be addicted on that..

Even if your winning is small, it could make you addicted to gambling..If it continues to be like that, I mean winning small prizes at a time or everytime you play even if you were busted at the end of the day, you will be out of control for sure..You will bet even if you know that you will lose in the end..

Yup you are right addiction occur even if your losing that much then you will surely stake for the bigger amount you will always think that you might win the other day and you will think of playing again and again.

The eagerness to take back what you lost is also make gambling addicting,and if you win so much money it also make addicting.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
April 03, 2016, 01:46:33 AM
when you win a big jackpot!! but its only for first if you dont have control you will lost everything be wise if you play gambling dont be addicted on that..

Even if your winning is small, it could make you addicted to gambling..If it continues to be like that, I mean winning small prizes at a time or everytime you play even if you were busted at the end of the day, you will be out of control for sure..You will bet even if you know that you will lose in the end..

Yup you are right addiction occur even if your losing that much then you will surely stake for the bigger amount you will always think that you might win the other day and you will think of playing again and again.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
April 03, 2016, 01:11:11 AM

Activity: 350
April 02, 2016, 12:54:46 PM
Activity: 575
April 02, 2016, 12:49:47 PM
The loser loses and he have faith that one time he will definitely win as he has seen some other in winning it, so he play again and again and become addict.
while when a person win he start to win again and more he start to play more and more and become addict, afetr that he do not care how much time he loses, he keep his first victory in his mind.
Activity: 363
Merit: 101
April 02, 2016, 11:12:31 AM
you feel to play again and again but well, I don't think gambling is bad though.
Activity: 1190
April 02, 2016, 10:59:41 AM
Gambling is so addicting because you always have hope of winning big in short time.
You lose money, then also try again in hope that I might win this time and recover all my loses.
If you win then also you will gamble again in greed of winning more
Agree most people go and gamble because they want to gain advantage in gambling. that's what makes them keep playing to benefit greatly
they will not stop until all their money runs out
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Lick me like a lolipop
April 02, 2016, 10:38:23 AM
Gambling is so addicting because you always have hope of winning big in short time.
You lose money, then also try again in hope that I might win this time and recover all my loses.

Yeah people become greedy to become rich in short time and they want to earn money without making any efforts and if they win at initial stage they feel that they can win more and they gets addicted to it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
April 02, 2016, 10:34:35 AM
Activity: 980
April 02, 2016, 09:27:23 AM
Gambling can be addictive to some people who have a tendency to pick up habits easily like smoking drinking etc. while others do it just for fun. If you feel you have problems with gambling it's best to seek immediate help and ban yourself from accessing your online gambling sites accounts.
Compulsive gambling can be really destructive if no precaution is taken to alleviate the issue immediately.

A person who is addicted to gambling will never ban his accounts as he will try to find a way to gamble any how and if he is winning he will never quit gambling.

Well even if his losing so much I think he will never going to quit gambling even he has no money left he will find a way to get his gambling urge continue to that is what is bad about gambling addicts.
Activity: 952
April 02, 2016, 07:42:29 AM
Gambling can be addictive to some people who have a tendency to pick up habits easily like smoking drinking etc. while others do it just for fun. If you feel you have problems with gambling it's best to seek immediate help and ban yourself from accessing your online gambling sites accounts.
Compulsive gambling can be really destructive if no precaution is taken to alleviate the issue immediately.

A person who is addicted to gambling will never ban his accounts as he will try to find a way to gamble any how and if he is winning he will never quit gambling.
Activity: 350
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
April 02, 2016, 06:46:23 AM
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
April 02, 2016, 04:45:29 AM
I don't know why would gambling addicting... You just lose more money than you win, there is no reason to be addict on it. Play just what you are disposed to lose, for fun and everything will be fine.  Smiley

That would still be a reason to be addicted to gambling.. the fun.. you will always miss it when you are out of gambling site..IMO, it is the attention that we give to gambling which results us to being addicted as we are giving time to it..If we are busy enough, then we are far from being addicted..
Activity: 406
April 01, 2016, 01:11:17 PM
I don't know why would gambling addicting... You just lose more money than you win, there is no reason to be addict on it. Play just what you are disposed to lose, for fun and everything will be fine.  Smiley

You are right. But the problem is, many people is hard to control their anger when their bets is loss. So they bet more to get back their loses, but it's make they get more loses and become addicted.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
April 01, 2016, 12:12:26 PM
If the game is un and entertaining you will be addicted in the game.. so i think not all will addicted on the gambling some of them they are just trying their luck and maybe they can make a profit with their money..  most of them are poor people..
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 01, 2016, 11:51:51 AM
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
April 01, 2016, 11:35:30 AM
Because gambling gives you so much joy if you win. making you excited to try and try again even if you lose. coz you are thinking that you can get your money back, but the fact is you are wasting your time trying your luck in gambling which is very risky and addicting.
legendary
Activity: 1008
April 01, 2016, 11:22:28 AM
I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?
we have the same problem but i chancge my atitude for my future i play litle more then if i get my profit half i withdraw it and then i play again next week just cash out your money and buy things

If you can win always but I think you can surely win but winning is really deceiving in gambling you will not know if you can surely profit out of it because it is risky.
It is very hard to win in gambling and that is just the problem, there are a lot of people that is still losing a lot of money in gambling and that they will become poor and that is bad.
Gambling is so addicting because there are a lot of people is saying that you can earn some money fast, but that is actually not true.....

Indeed, the fact is that gambling is very addicting because of the point is that people are thinking its easy, and also pretty fast.
Overall the point is these people are thinking once they won again that they will win again and again, this is of course not the point and they will get poor at the end of their journey because of the enjoying addiction.

I think people find it the best way to make quick money and there is no other way to make that huge money in short time and that is the reason they get addicted to it.
Activity: 994
April 01, 2016, 11:17:17 AM
I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?
we have the same problem but i chancge my atitude for my future i play litle more then if i get my profit half i withdraw it and then i play again next week just cash out your money and buy things

If you can win always but I think you can surely win but winning is really deceiving in gambling you will not know if you can surely profit out of it because it is risky.
It is very hard to win in gambling and that is just the problem, there are a lot of people that is still losing a lot of money in gambling and that they will become poor and that is bad.
Gambling is so addicting because there are a lot of people is saying that you can earn some money fast, but that is actually not true.....

Indeed, the fact is that gambling is very addicting because of the point is that people are thinking its easy, and also pretty fast.
Overall the point is these people are thinking once they won again that they will win again and again, this is of course not the point and they will get poor at the end of their journey because of the enjoying addiction.
Jump to: