Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is ICO period long? - page 4. (Read 2314 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
July 06, 2018, 08:14:57 PM
Not all ICO takes a long period of time to end and you might be wondering why is that really happening. ICO tends to extend their timeframe especially when their target soft cap is not achieved. On the other hand, bounty hunters are the ones who are directly affected with that because as the ICO is prolonged, the bounty rewards will getting smaller and smaller too.
Activity: 630
July 06, 2018, 07:56:48 PM
Lately, ICOs last much longer than normal, because of the bad market. No one is willing to invest in ICOs in this market and many projects postpone ICOs and prolong the ICO period. When the bull market begins, their period will be shorter in my opinion.
I agree. It is very risky if you invest in a red market situation like this. Investors must be very careful. Due to the slow market response, the duration of ICO also tends to adjust to convince investors and reach their funding targets.
Activity: 392
July 06, 2018, 07:41:10 PM
If I think a long period of ico, aiming to find investors that many in accordance with the target that has been planned. So a long period in an ico project is a natural thing and that is very good.
Activity: 524
io.ezystayz.com
July 06, 2018, 07:34:02 PM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

ICO(initial coin offering) is one of the most needed for one project here in btt because of ICO one project becomes better and strong, ICO takes so long period of time? Theres alot of factors affect the period of time of one ICO, maybe there hardcap is veryhuge to reach, maybe there investors is not enough theres alot of factors, my advice to you is be patient when doing bountycampaign, its takes long period of time but very worth it.
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution
July 06, 2018, 07:29:05 PM
It is more difficult to find financing for new projects on a bear market, yet still the best projects are doing well and will succeed in financing.
Activity: 331
Merit: 13
July 06, 2018, 07:21:53 PM
It depends on the plans of the company. Usually, projects need to get good visibility and hyped before investors can come to know about it and then invest. Most times, we see that a information about the project and tokensale event has been announced long before the actual ICO.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
July 06, 2018, 07:12:56 PM
Projects need funds to be able to kickstart. Many startup companies  need to reach their softcap (the minimum amount of money required to kickstart a project) and possibly hardcap. So they plan realistic timeframes for them to be able to raise those funds.
Activity: 147
Merit: 0
July 06, 2018, 07:07:59 PM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

The main purpose for ICOs is to raise funds to support a project. The amount needed is set by the team, which makes the soft cap or hard cap. Most projects are are structured such that without reaching the soft cap they cannot function so it is necessary to sometimes extend the soft cap in order to get more time to raise tg funds needed
Activity: 434
July 06, 2018, 07:02:22 PM
if you bear in mind from the factor of view of a bounty hunter, then you will not anticipate to enjoy the reality that the ICO will ultimate a long term, considering that at some stage in this time more and more new participants are linked and also you additionally lose time, and will take part in companies that would final much less time.

ICO period is long because of the fact that they will need to have funds in supporting their project or else it will be a good sign of the ICO in having its success rate in the community, ICO is in need of investors that will help them to be succeed.
Activity: 238
Merit: 17
July 06, 2018, 06:42:20 PM

Depend of team decision. Good projects add aditional funds if they decide to increase the period of bounty because of ICO extended or postponed. Some dont give nothing. Asfor me, most often it's wrong decision, because if people not interested in project, they will not intersted despite the ICO period long. Sometimes not enough funds because of red market and, of course, less investments. Because people dont want to invest on such bearish market.
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
July 06, 2018, 06:36:31 PM
If you are an investor and ICO lasts a long period of time, then this will be a positive factor for you, since the project team will collect more money, and therefore the exchange rate will be higher when the token is released to the exchange.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
July 06, 2018, 09:28:21 AM

Icos takes time to sell their coins because their developers are creating different marketing strategy in order for the investors to get interested on their platform.
Activity: 462
July 06, 2018, 09:26:35 AM

Because some of them wants their coin/tokens to be sold out or atleast achieve the goal, this is the Fact I know. Even though they will never mention this many people know this.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
July 06, 2018, 09:24:20 AM
if you bear in mind from the factor of view of a bounty hunter, then you will not anticipate to enjoy the reality that the ICO will ultimate a long term, considering that at some stage in this time more and more new participants are linked and also you additionally lose time, and will take part in companies that would final much less time.
Activity: 532
Merit: 14
July 06, 2018, 07:57:59 AM
Lately, ICOs last much longer than normal, because of the bad market. No one is willing to invest in ICOs in this market and many projects postpone ICOs and prolong the ICO period. When the bull market begins, their period will be shorter in my opinion.
Activity: 303
Merit: 15
July 06, 2018, 07:55:49 AM
The old ICO is also called ico long term, has an allocation above $ 500k. Its ico period is significant there are up to 5-7 months, some even up to a year. The quick ICO called short term usually has an allocation under $ 500k and has a period of 3-5 months only. The issue of reward, it all depends on how many participants joined the ICO. The long period of time only affects the token allocation only. However, when participants who join quite a lot, maybe the rewards are not much.
Because this year's encryption market deterred many investors, they became more and more cautious. This has led to the fact that many projects are in a state of stranding and pause.
Activity: 336
Merit: 20
July 06, 2018, 07:14:37 AM
The old ICO is also called ico long term, has an allocation above $ 500k. Its ico period is significant there are up to 5-7 months, some even up to a year. The quick ICO called short term usually has an allocation under $ 500k and has a period of 3-5 months only. The issue of reward, it all depends on how many participants joined the ICO. The long period of time only affects the token allocation only. However, when participants who join quite a lot, maybe the rewards are not much.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
July 06, 2018, 07:14:01 AM
For me I feel the longer the ICO the lesser the reward, this because the longer the ICO last the more people join the ICO, and many people into ICO bounty accumulates stakes which will be shared among all members. So for me I prefer bounty with short period of time.

I also prefer short period of time, I have seen it on one campaign, blocklancer where the campaign is to long and all participants  ended getting pennies for all their effort, because there are no spreadsheets to look and there are thousands of participants this is the reason people loss their trust to blocklancer.
Activity: 841
Merit: 251
July 06, 2018, 07:05:01 AM
So you see that campaign with very long period regarding of token sales. Why would you join if you see it so long there are a lot of short bounty out there less risk pain if project did not pay bounty participant. Best to join maximum 8 weeks bounty program. Tips, good to join a bounty which already reach soft cap or have a strong sales in private.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
July 06, 2018, 06:59:01 AM
Because they plan to raise the necessary funds for the development of their project. Now the general period of attracting investments has increased.
Pages:
Jump to: