Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is NXT not the number 2 coin? - page 2. (Read 16884 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
January 20, 2016, 09:20:00 AM
And don't forget about Coin Shuffling, "a fully decentralized coin mixing, to improve account privacy."
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
January 20, 2016, 08:47:19 AM
This will come with the activation of the new protocol, which will be after the hard fork occuring tomorrow.

Cool bananas  Shocked
Activity: 107
January 20, 2016, 06:05:50 AM
This will come with the activation of the new protocol, which will be after the hard fork occuring tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
January 20, 2016, 05:58:29 AM
The correction of the block times to 1 minute and the addition of anon features will help too.

When will this be introduced? Also, thanks for the heads-up.
January 20, 2016, 04:44:58 AM
The correction of the block times to 1 minute and the addition of anon features will help too.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 20, 2016, 04:35:54 AM
It's pretty simple, it lacks adoption.

Problem is a lot of things have failed to get adoption. Think about the Alias-system. Or the Monetary-System. Or the Market Place.
So the Mission to be the “Nxt Bitcoin” overall was not successful.

But what works very well is the user-friendly client and the Asset Exchange, where are a lot of Assets are active. This are the two main reasons I still see potential for Nxt to get into the Top 10.

Probably the new functions from the new client also will help like Account control.
January 20, 2016, 04:17:47 AM
It's pretty simple, it lacks adoption.
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
January 20, 2016, 12:37:27 AM
That is my question for myself every morning....

same here... makes no sense.
legendary
Activity: 952
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
January 18, 2016, 06:32:12 AM
That is my question for myself every morning....
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
January 15, 2016, 11:26:03 AM
Thank you. I will check it out.
January 15, 2016, 07:46:17 AM
The more I hear about NXT the more I begin to like it.

That said;
They seem to be having a terrible time recently, if butthurt could solve sha256 they'd be very rich men.
Like someone said upthread, there is no known name no central figurehead to promote the coin to big organisations no talking heads to make youtube videos explaining the coin.  so it depends on Grassroots promotion But i dont see it anywhere outside of this forum!  

Is there no one in NXT who knows how to write a press release?  In what sources of media would I find articles about nxt?
Looking at price yes, which has been stable for a long time, till some early investor whale(s) began dumping. There was some ensuing panic selling by others. The assets bubble burst, too many expectations of short term profit. Then of course there's Ethereum that took some marketcap from NXT. And lastly disagreements between NXT and SuperNET devs about API changes and the way those were communicated.

But there's (marketing) projects in the pipeline I hear: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(marketing-business-and-development)-the-tennessee-project-fundraiser/ A redesign of the website(s), maybe simplify the client. And of course the new features in the new release: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/nxt-17-complete-toolset-bas-wisselink

So yes, tech value is ever increasing, but unfortunately it's all very much under the radar, so the price doesn't follow the value of the platform. It's all about Ethereum Smiley

Most people in the NXT community don't even bother with Bitcointalk anymore, too many trolls and crazy modding. Community is mostly on Slack chat and in the NXT forum: https://nxtforum.org/core-development-discussion/nxt-2-0-what-is-it/
January 15, 2016, 07:33:32 AM
Why, because you are an idiot

who can't even spell. Maybe you should PRACTICE. Lmao!
http://www.world-english.org/practise_practice.htm

Too lazy to even use Google eh?
Wonder why people don't take you seriously as a troll? Smiley

Oh, and we should remember not everyone is a native english speaker, so we can't expect spelling to be 100% correct.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
January 15, 2016, 02:51:39 AM
I don't think Nxt will be number 2 ever....

I think we are at number 3, like Apple, Microsoft and Linux, Bitcoin, Ethereum and Nxt.  Smiley

Care to explain why?

This is the genius the "NXT marketing team" hired to redo the "official" NXT website.

Why don't you put that on the main page of the website, moron.

Activity: 350
Merit: 251
January 15, 2016, 01:11:10 AM
the stuff nxt is doing is extremely under-marketed.... i've been following both nxt and ethereum since the beginning. most of us are basing these crypto's on their coin. should really look at the platform instead. honestly, i can't see anyone using either of the platforms currency for day to day purchases at its current state right now. keep in mind ethereum is still being developed and gaining traction among typical developers, but nxt is being developed in a way its more controlled. yes ethereum can do everything nxt can do assuming someone develops nxt's same features. But if someone was to replicate the asset exchange or marketplace on ethereum. nothing stops another dev replicating that exact same feature as another ethereum smart contract creating dilution and confusion. imo, i think the anonymous devs behind nxt is playing their cards right by waiting to compete with ethereum on the smart contracts. keep in mind ethereum's smart contract code is public, nothing stops another blockchain from cannibalizing ethereum's user generated smart contract scripts into another system once its been tested working. just a humble opinion.

nxt has an upcoming decentralized bitcoin mixer coming out end of the month. this is a pretty big deal. mixing your btc on top of another platform.
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
January 14, 2016, 08:45:14 PM
The more I hear about NXT the more I begin to like it.

That said;
They seem to be having a terrible time recently, if butthurt could solve sha256 they'd be very rich men.
Like someone said upthread, there is no known name no central figurehead to promote the coin to big organisations no talking heads to make youtube videos explaining the coin.  so it depends on Grassroots promotion But i dont see it anywhere outside of this forum! 

Is there no one in NXT who knows how to write a press release?  In what sources of media would I find articles about nxt?
Activity: 87
January 14, 2016, 05:49:04 PM
What a fucking joke!
Yes you are. Not a very good troll either. Go practise some more.

Answer the fuckin question SHILL. Can you buy Gold on the NXT platform? No you can't, and do you know why? Because no ADULT would ever trust, or invest in something

backed by a bunch of shills who haven't had their balls drop yet. You got suckered in because you have no clue what REAL development looks like. Why, because you are an idiot

who can't even spell. Maybe you should PRACTICE. Lmao!
January 14, 2016, 05:32:22 PM
What a fucking joke!
Yes you are. Not a very good troll either. Go practise some more.
Activity: 87
January 14, 2016, 05:03:12 PM
Can you buy actual physical Gold on the NXT plarform? Not some asset backed by nothing, but REAL GOLD? Stored in vaults?

http://www.reuters.com/article/malcaamit-silvervault-idUSL4N0FZ10P20130729

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/40yd17/digix_is_now_live/

https://www.dgx.io/

GTFO with your comparison of NXT and ETH. NXT is a circle jerk with no interest other than a few shills who flood this place with promises that go nowhere. Look at the volume.

No interest means NO INTEREST! NXT has been dead for over a year, and you think EvilDave is going to save it? What is Daves marketing background? Spending his youth going

to Raves in the nineties? Are you kidding me? Driving around in a Lambo? Only a teenager would be be impressed with that garbage. What a fucking joke!
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
January 14, 2016, 10:56:02 AM

I think we are at number 3, like Apple, Microsoft and Linux, Bitcoin, Ethereum and Nxt.  Smiley

Care to explain why?
legendary
Activity: 1205
January 14, 2016, 10:48:21 AM

Pages:
Jump to: