Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is NXT not the number 2 coin? - page 7. (Read 16884 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 251
July 11, 2015, 11:31:35 AM
give it time... its still relatively new and most ppl haven't even installed the client...

what did you expect? for it to keep going up?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
July 11, 2015, 08:19:01 AM
So in a year and a half it was not possible to sustain the price, only needing to find pocketchange to do so.
Scary

Well you can say the same for Bitcoin, can't you?
Activity: 288
Merit: 102
Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony
July 11, 2015, 07:54:51 AM
So in a year and a half it was not possible to sustain the price, only needing to find pocketchange to do so.
Scary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
July 11, 2015, 07:16:21 AM
The value of a coin is attained from how well that coin serves its intended purpose. Bitcoin serves its intended purpose (transaction network) well so it has value, NXT on the other hand does not have a set purpose. What is NXT trying to do? Challenge bitcoin? Become king of POS? Until NXT has a clear purpose and people use NXT for that purpose NXT wont gain real value.

Here's an example of what you can do with NXT:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114814/greek-island-trials-digital-currency-solution-to-boost-economy

Nxt (the technology) does have a set purpose: to provide a set of tools that enable crypto-currency users to create their own projects.
NXT (the currency) is simply the fuel to power the Nxt system, and it will inevitably gain value as more projects utilise the Nxt blockchain.

Move On !!!!!!
July 11, 2015, 06:21:36 AM
The value of a coin is attained from how well that coin serves its intended purpose. Bitcoin serves its intended purpose (transaction network) well so it has value, NXT on the other hand does not have a set purpose. What is NXT trying to do? Challenge bitcoin? Become king of POS? Until NXT has a clear purpose and people use NXT for that purpose NXT wont gain real value.

No I don't think NXT is trying to challenge Bitcoin, that's why I wrote in my post above that every bitcoiner should owe some NXT since these two cryptos are in a completely different ball park in my opinion.

Bitcoin is a currency, NXT is a financial platform. Bitcoin essentially allows you to send tokens from one to another person and even this is hard to believe for the ordinary Joe. Wait until this ordinary Joe gets used to this! This is called adoption! Wait also until this ordinary Joe doesn't realize that he can do 20 different things with NXT! I will ask you about the price then.
So yeah, NXT doesnt have a user base large enough at the moment. This is essentially BTCs job, to brake the ice first. In that context, NXT and BTC are accomplices, not opponents.

Also it is good that NXT doesn't show its real value at the moment. This allows for the features to be rolled out in the amazing pace, something BTC will never be able to do because of its size, I mean look at the block size debate, BTC is just over conservative, which is normal if we consider risk of changing things at this moment.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 507
July 11, 2015, 05:09:38 AM
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
July 11, 2015, 04:21:48 AM
NXT is easier to understand than BTC.

You have a simple NXT-account that has a balance in coins, and that has things like assets in it, protected by a passphrase. Just like your internet banking account. No need to backup wallet-dat files on usb-sticks. You send from the account, you receive in the same account. No strange in/out transactions and return addresses for change, no importing private keys. Try to 'follow the money' on the BTC blockchain, its hard, it goes all over the place. One BTC wallet has several addresses in it, things like that.

I remember I found NXT much more intuitive after having used BTC and LTC for a while. Of course the default NXT wallet has a lot of extra buttons and features. Assets, voting, messaging, the marketplace. It can be overwhelming if you just expect a digital wallet for payments.

the whole local host thing (not sure if you still need to do that) is confusing for many.

It got a lot simpler. Run nxt.exe and click the new icon in the tray, open the wallet (in the browser). No more scary black cmd-boxes...

Also byt has many wallet and platform options that give is a ver bi advantage and can be effectively recast for various segment of users.

Yes, NXT is still quite young, there are only a couple of wallets at the moment.

The wallet.dat makes people fell they have wallet and ownership that perhaps the cloud does not convey.

Made me feel rather nervous, reading about having to back it up on usb-sticks, what if my usb-sticks gets corrupted, what if my disk crashes, \
The average user is used to cloud-services. Online banking, online file storage, online everything. All just a bookmark and a password away.

I agree the cloud may be more resistant and redundant thus safe and accessible (I like both). its just a file called wallet on usb stick is a metaphor to their own wallet they pick up, and it allows them to segue into the realm of cryptos.
Move On !!!!!!
July 10, 2015, 05:11:58 PM
Just like every other coin, NXT has its problems, nobody's perfect. If we put this aside, and if we value technology, also if the development keeps current pace in the upcoming years, NXT will make it for sure.

NXT and Bitcoin are quite different beasts and every bitcoiner should have some NXT aside. NXT is a platform, Bitcoin is a currency and this is an important distinction.

Why is NXT not a number 2? It is young and crypto world is too damn narrow minded. When this crypto thing gets rolling and when general public gets deeper into this, don't worry, NXT will easily soar to the new heights and it will be number 2,at least!
Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us
July 10, 2015, 02:26:35 PM
Why is NXT not the number 2 coin?

Because there are 6 or 7 coins with larger market caps (if you accept the method of calculation). Smiley
July 10, 2015, 12:45:51 PM
With the current spam attack with Bitcoin.. it would be interesting if Bitcoin switched over the NXT as a MScoin while everyone can still redeem their existing Bitcoin for the MScoin equivalent and also mining can still continue on top of NXT using Monetary System mining and pick a harder ASIC resistent algo... effectively putting out the centralized mining companies out of business instantly.

this would a crazy game changer if it were to ever happen.

Thoughts?

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297
Bitcoin © Maximalist
July 10, 2015, 12:30:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Kj46NES.jpg

Hind, check out Bitcoin
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
July 10, 2015, 12:12:32 PM

You have a simple NXT-account that has a balance in coins, and that has things like assets in it, protected by a passphrase. Just like your internet banking account. No need to backup wallet-dat files on usb-sticks. You send from the account, you receive in the same account. No strange in/out transactions and return addresses for change, no importing private keys. Try to 'follow the money' on the BTC blockchain, its hard, it goes all over the place. One BTC wallet has several addresses in it, things like that.

I remember I found NXT much more intuitive after having used BTC and LTC for a while. Of course the default NXT wallet has a lot of extra buttons and features. Assets, voting, messaging, the marketplace. It can be overwhelming if you just expect a digital wallet for payments.

the whole local host thing (not sure if you still need to do that) is confusing for many.

It got a lot simpler. Run nxt.exe and click the new icon in the tray, open the wallet (in the browser). No more scary black cmd-boxes...

Also byt has many wallet and platform options that give is a ver bi advantage and can be effectively recast for various segment of users.

Yes, NXT is still quite young, there are only a couple of wallets at the moment.

The wallet.dat makes people fell they have wallet and ownership that perhaps the cloud does not convey.

Made me feel rather nervous, reading about having to back it up on usb-sticks, what if my usb-sticks gets corrupted, what if my disk crashes, etc.
The average user is used to cloud-services. Online banking, online file storage, online everything. All just a bookmark and a password away.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 297
Bitcoin © Maximalist
July 10, 2015, 11:14:03 AM
legendary
Activity: 924
July 10, 2015, 08:58:50 AM
NXT will breakout soon and the FOMO will start. New ATH easy. Stay tuned  Cool

Maybe, but Nxt has been down this road before. Pumped, excitement crests with the price, after which it sinks. Call me a stick-in-the-mud, but the long-term chart still says Nxt is in a long-term trading range. Better to buy below 5000 satoshis, or as close to 5000 satoshis as you can get. Unless you need some in a hurry. Smiley
legendary
July 10, 2015, 08:33:00 AM

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler
July 10, 2015, 03:46:25 AM
NXT will breakout soon and the FOMO will start. New ATH easy. Stay tuned  Cool

legendary
July 10, 2015, 01:51:44 AM
legendary
July 10, 2015, 01:34:36 AM
NXT is doing ok

considering when it was released, and the initial distro its doing very well.

NXT is a bit of a swiss army knife and its really good, but that makes it hard for a lot of people to understand
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
July 10, 2015, 01:24:08 AM
i see. didnt know quora had similar stuff... they don't seem that active...

Qora is dead.
July 10, 2015, 01:17:11 AM
i see. didnt know quora had similar stuff... they don't seem that active...
Pages:
Jump to: