Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is NXT not the number 2 coin? - page 4. (Read 16884 times)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Never before 11 P.M.
January 10, 2016, 05:30:37 AM
So you are down to crowdfunding... or platforms like NXT.

Did you know you can do trustless crowd funding in Nxt's Monetary System?

i.e. Say you want to raise 200k NXT with a deadline in 30 days time. People put up the money bit by bit and it is all held by the protocol (a trustless escrow). The dev can't run away with it part way through the process.

When the deadline comes, the protocol checks if the amount raised is 200k or more. If it is, the 200k NXT is released to you for your successfully funded project and tokens representing a stake in your project are sent to the funders (optional, I believe). If less than 200k, then all NXT are returned to those who sent them. All trustlessly and all for a cost of 40 NXT Grin

But no one does, not counting the 1000s of scams currently listed on the hardly ever used asset exchange.

I mean the NXT technology is simply fantastic, but it needs PROPER Advertising.  A new website isn't going to do shit to help promote a niche cryptocurrency in this microcosm of a niche we already exist in.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
January 10, 2016, 05:11:41 AM
I question myself this very thing everyday

NXT is a platform, not a a coin.

NXT is fully decentralised & open like no other crypto project, so it's just a matter of time IMO, but i still don't think the value of Nxt token will ever moon like some hope/expect, but it will increase a lot from here.

NXT is like tcp/ip, and we haven't seen the 'http' equivalent fully develop yet, so no google, youtube or facebook etc so far, but they're coming

Well no. NXT is indeed a "coin". Or, as you choose to call it, a "token". NEXT, on the other hand, IS a platform. And yes, they are two different things and tangentially related. The "token" is practically worthless for the simple reason those holding the millions of it are getting rid of them as methodically and efficiently as they can and have been doing it since inception, therefore the "market" (an euphemism at this point) is saturated for there's practically no demand and whatever demand there is of could EVER be, is/will be avalanched by the selling.

Now, the platform is something else... it is something that has to commercial value whatsoever since, no matter who or for what has decided to use it, has failed miserably and has produced no income of any kind, no business of any kind whatsoever so yes, it is THERE for you to use free of charge, but to no avail for there are no customers, not even "coinaddicts" on the other side of the platform. And never will be.

As a consequence, neither NXT, the token, nor NEXT, the platform, have or will ever have any value whatsoever.

And that's the predicament.
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
January 10, 2016, 04:29:33 AM
I'm sorry to say that from a spectator's POV, I think NXT is losing the battle now that there's wider and bigger potential and possibilites on other platforms like Ethereum.
I hear a lot about Ethereum. What does it actually do... now?

Loads of stuff.  Check out mist browser
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
January 10, 2016, 03:08:30 AM
I'm sorry to say that from a spectator's POV, I think NXT is losing the battle now that there's wider and bigger potential and possibilites on other platforms like Ethereum.

Two of the projects I'm interested that are being built on Ethereum are slock.it and Augur.  There are a few more.  Check them out.
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
January 09, 2016, 09:23:42 PM

I could be wrong though.  We'll see.

Ethereum is a good platform for sure, but I don't believe the 'Highlander' is at play here (there can be only one!), so both can co-exist happily.

Ethereum appeals to those who like things like known devs with big budgets, and NXT appeals to those after true decentralisation and anonymity

I like Ethereum, but I prefer NXT, and I like that Jean-Luc and the NXT devs are anon, and new people can come and go, and nobody needs to ask for permission. Ethereum appeals to Microsoft etc for the exact opposite reason I suspect, they love having Vitalek and co. as known entities operating in a more 'conventional' style.

Horses for courses!
Activity: 251
January 09, 2016, 03:48:41 PM
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
January 09, 2016, 10:06:32 AM

I could be wrong though.  We'll see.
Activity: 544
January 08, 2016, 06:04:32 PM

NXT is a platform, not a a coin.

NXT is fully decentralised & open like no other crypto project, so it's just a matter of time IMO, but i still don't think the value of Nxt token will ever moon like some hope/expect, but it will increase a lot from here.

NXT is like tcp/ip, and we haven't seen the 'http' equivalent fully develop yet, so no google, youtube or facebook etc so far, but they're coming
legendary
Activity: 924
January 08, 2016, 09:01:58 AM

Someday...

(I actually had hopes that Nxt would grow into becoming the reserve currency of Gen-2 cryptos, a world where you could recognize a gen-2 by seeing its price quoted in Nxtoshis.)
legendary
Activity: 952
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
January 08, 2016, 05:30:09 AM
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
July 29, 2015, 08:32:50 PM
NXT whale is still dumping on polo.

http://www.mynxt.info/account/2159498187382012684

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nxt

I recommend to place buyorders and profit on NXT distribution  Smiley

tats some cheap nxt.... i think whale holder will just dump having to realize that they can just keep holding and not give away the distribution to make it increase in value.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler
July 29, 2015, 04:34:43 PM
NXT whale is still dumping on polo.

http://www.mynxt.info/account/2159498187382012684

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nxt

I recommend to place buyorders and profit on NXT distribution  Smiley
Activity: 251
July 28, 2015, 11:51:33 AM
NXT was nr.4 for a long time
Ah the good old days where some considered it worthy a top 10 spot. It has one last chance to stand up and do something.
If the premined unspectacular Bytecoin passes it too then its really curtains down.
And marketcap according to CMC website is all-important for the future of a crypto-platform because.. Cheesy
Activity: 227
Merit: 103
Have faith.
July 28, 2015, 11:40:02 AM
Ah the good old days where some considered it worthy a top 10 spot. It has one last chance to stand up and do something.
If the premined unspectacular Bytecoin passes it too then its really curtains down.
Activity: 728
July 28, 2015, 10:41:53 AM
Activity: 658
July 28, 2015, 09:02:32 AM
More popular is Doge, this is free crypto market  Wink Second most popular crypto is Doge, I think  Grin
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
July 28, 2015, 08:58:24 AM
Totally agree! NXT is probably the most underestimated coin in the crypocoin world. Let one of the tech investors let recognize that and we will see huge impact on NXT price  Wink It is superior to Bitcoin.

I dismissed NXT a while ago as just another coin but I finally had reason to install it and I've been very impressed. Kinda like looking through a time machine into the future compared to Bitcoin. Of course Bitcoin has the name recognition and brand, and it's been an immensely successful proof of concept. But there's definitely room for innovation in the market when Bitcoin is pretty set in stone these days.
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
July 26, 2015, 09:38:16 PM
Quote from: DecentralizeEconomics link=topic=1035337.msg11964393#msg11964393
Soon, NXT is going to have stable assets implemented via a superior methodology than Bitshares.  

I would like more information about this (I am a NXt'er, but haven't see this feature in the forum). Do you have a link to the corresponding discussion? As far as I know, the Smart Contract feature hasn't any ETA yet. And "CoinoUSD" and other similar systems are simply IOU's.

i think nxt is playing their card right as they are waiting if you haven't noticed on the side lines to see how smart contracts would work and same goes for the anonymous feature stuff... let the first wave of people come test it out first and learn from it then adopt the most feasible technology.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
July 26, 2015, 08:03:08 PM
Soon, NXT is going to have stable assets implemented via a superior methodology than Bitshares.  

I would like more information about this (I am a NXt'er, but haven't see this feature in the forum). Do you have a link to the corresponding discussion? As far as I know, the Smart Contract feature hasn't any ETA yet. And "CoinoUSD" and other similar systems are simply IOU's.

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg188482/#msg188482
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
July 26, 2015, 04:50:08 PM

Pages:
Jump to: